California Bullet Train

We are the United states ;)... biggest economy, richest state, most innovative, Hollywood, agriculture you name it we are the best at. We will love taking WA and OR with us...it will get better for us instead of being dragged by regressive useless states.

How's that unfunded liability working out for California?

IF California is so great, why are so many people and corporations leaving?

Fiscal%20Stability%202018-09-20-L.jpg
Fake news hahaha...dude I live here, freeways packed, housing inventory super low, high demand on everything.
Keep on dreaming.

Fiscal ranking has nothing to do with freeways packed or housing inventory.
Since you good at this tells how did trump fiscality turn out to be ? Better than those who run California? Dont be shy, tell us about it.

Fiscally, Trump is a disaster, I don’t like that he is continuing to run up the debt. He is no different than any President in this regard since Coolidge. Spend money you don’t have. The idea is to balance the budget and pay down debt because one day it will bite us and it will be far worse than the Great Depression. Both the Democrats and Republicans are setting us up to fail and all you people do are cry about unimportant BS like a stupid railway.

California keeps filing frivolous lawsuits against the federal government, they hate the United States.
We are the United states ;)... biggest economy, richest state, most innovative, Hollywood, agriculture you name it we are the best at. We will love taking WA and OR with us...it will get better for us instead of being dragged by regressive useless states.

Right, we are the United States, we are worthless without ALL 50 states.
Not California sorry.

Well, California is crying because the federal government won’t give them money to fund a train. California is running at a deficit. To leave the union would take billions, which California doesn’t have.

If California tried to leave they’d get bitch slapped and the majority of Californians by a 2-1 margin are against such a move.

Dream on silly boy.
The US as a whole is in debt as most Americans are. I knew this before I moved here 20 years ago...and that's the first thing I was told by my parents " if you cant afford it dont buy it"
I see why califoenia has a beef with trump the **** made it personal...while he signs blank checks for different entities he is punishing blue states for standing up to his foolishness.

BTW, You are right, if you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. California can’t afford the train, they should not buy it. Look at all the money saved for other social programs, like feeding illegal immigrants, more cleaning crews in San Francisco to clean up human excrement from the sidewalks. More money to fight fires.

California bullet train is currently 10 years behind schedule and $46 BILLION over budget. And now has been dealt another setback....thank you President Trump.

Trump administration cancels $929-million grant for California bullet train

Q. Why do you single out CA's Bullet train for cost - overruns and delays
A Trump's an A-Hole

Q. Why didn't he defund the F35 fiasco, it's lifetime is estimated to be 18 years, the bullet train will last centuries.
A. He's an A-Hole.

You obviously don't live in California, hopefully you know where it is on a map. If they were making any progress, it would take centuries for them to complete a train as originally intended. If you had been following the project over the years, it was getting more and more expensive, travel distance was getting shorter and shorter, and based on the track, the train was getting slower and slower. Also, if you were in California, you'd know Newsom canceled the project a few months ago.

Lincoln completed the transcontinental railroad during the civil war, building the tracks over mountains, on deserts, and the plains with hostile native Americans. In less than a decade from JFK's decision to land on the moon, it was accomplished during the Vietnam Conflict.

Well, evidently Jerry Brown and Gavin Newsom are nothing like Lincoln or JFK.

Obama, Bush, Clinton all traveled and used public cost, I have never complained about it. Wasting $46 billion, should be a bigger concern for Californians that just let their state steal taxpayers blind. Of course Californians haven’t been known to be to bright. You just proved it.
really?....lots of advancements in science,technology and medicine has come out of that not to bright state...

That is my point, they have always survived and the project should continue. The whole idea that not getting less than 1% of the project money is going to end the project is ridiculous. They were granted the money nine years ago and the state of California has failed to meet the conditions of receiving their grant money. The state of California needs to be on the hot seat not a President that did nothing that should impact the project.

Something is very wrong and Issa wants to blame the President and not the state of California, he doesn't seem very bright to me.
We all know the orange has a beef against blue states, he showed that he is the president of the red states only.

California keeps filing frivolous lawsuits against the federal government, they hate the United States.
yea you love this country....you just proved you can care less...

Fake news hahaha...dude I live here, freeways packed, housing inventory super low, high demand on everything.
Keep on dreaming.
you love those packed freeways dont you?...

Keep on dreaming.

How does that show that people and companies are not leaving in droves?

The US as a whole is in debt as most Americans are. I knew this before I moved here 20 years ago...and that's the first thing I was told by my parents " if you cant afford it dont buy it"
I see why califoenia has a beef with trump the **** made it personal...while he signs blank checks for different entities he is punishing blue states for standing up to his foolishness.

How is, NOT giving you a billion dollars, earmarked for high-speed rail, which is NOT going to be guilt, punishing anyone?

My question is why are some right wingers so obsessed with California. Are their lives that empty that they make mini careers posting about a state they clearly hate?

So simple even you should understand. We, as intelligent tax-payers, know that when California defaults on all their unrealistic promised retirement packages, we're going to be asked to pick up your debt. That's why. Californians are too ignorant to handle their own business.

Keep on dreaming.

Since you good at this tells how did trump fiscality turn out to be ? Better than those who run California? Dont be shy, tell us about it.

Fiscally, Trump is a disaster, I don’t like that he is continuing to run up the debt. He is no different than any President in this regard since Coolidge. Spend money you don’t have. The idea is to balance the budget and pay down debt because one day it will bite us and it will be far worse than the Great Depression. Both the Democrats and Republicans are setting us up to fail and all you people do are cry about unimportant BS like a stupid railway.
Now I agree with you, except that trump is poisonous both domestically and internationally..

Not California sorry.

Well, California is crying because the federal government won’t give them money to fund a train. California is running at a deficit. To leave the union would take billions, which California doesn’t have.

If California tried to leave they’d get bitch slapped and the majority of Californians by a 2-1 margin are against such a move.

Dream on silly boy.

BTW, You are right, if you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. California can’t afford the train, they should not buy it. Look at all the money saved for other social programs, like feeding illegal immigrants, more cleaning crews in San Francisco to clean up human excrement from the sidewalks. More money to fight fires.
Let California de ide what they wanna do. I've seen how efficient and useful the bullet trains are and they will help tremendously.

really?....lots of advancements in science,technology and medicine has come out of that not to bright state...

That is my point, they have always survived and the project should continue. The whole idea that not getting less than 1% of the project money is going to end the project is ridiculous. They were granted the money nine years ago and the state of California has failed to meet the conditions of receiving their grant money. The state of California needs to be on the hot seat not a President that did nothing that should impact the project.

Something is very wrong and Issa wants to blame the President and not the state of California, he doesn't seem very bright to me.
We all know the orange has a beef against blue states, he showed that he is the president of the red states only.

That's the language I use to answer California haters.

Not California sorry.

Dream on silly boy.

Let California de ide what they wanna do. I've seen how efficient and useful the bullet trains are and they will help tremendously.

Great! California can build the train, I have no problem with that, they can use their money to build it, I have no issue there. The state of Washington didn’t build tracks, uses the north Sounder train to go between Seattle and Everett. The cost is astronomical. Read this and you will be amazed how much this costs the taxpayers every year. Government and efficiency are not two words that go together. Sound Transit's Money Pit: The High Cost of the Sounder North Line

Keep on dreaming.

Now I agree with you, except that trump is poisonous both domestically and internationally..

I thought Obama was poisonous both domestically and internationally. He was a weak leader. I am not that impressed with Trump at least he isn’t bombing Libya.

That's the language I use to answer California haters.
many of those so call haters live in California....if you live there or have lived there for a length of time you have all the right in the world to bitch about it.....

Not California sorry.

Dream on silly boy.

Great! California can build the train, I have no problem with that, they can use their money to build it, I have no issue there. The state of Washington didn’t build tracks, uses the north Sounder train to go between Seattle and Everett. The cost is astronomical. Read this and you will be amazed how much this costs the taxpayers every year. Government and efficiency are not two words that go together. Sound Transit's Money Pit: The High Cost of the Sounder North Line
in my opinion, we should be improving tunneling technologies at every opportunity. any returns to scale there, will help anywhere we should need to tunnel.

Dream on silly boy.

in my opinion, we should be improving tunneling technologies at every opportunity. any returns to scale there, will help anywhere we should need to tunnel.

Seattle’s tunnel only cost $3.3 billion for 1.75 miles, pretty expensive to me.

Seattle’s tunnel only cost $3.3 billion for 1.75 miles, pretty expensive to me.

we should include capacity for infrastructure in the tunnels for cost reduction or sharing purposes.

Dream on silly boy.

a tunnel in earthquake country?....go for it danny....

Forum List

Back