California Bill for Automatic Voter Registration Advances

Dumb idea. A waste of tax payer resources

-Geaux

I disagree. It's an outstanding idea. Other civilized nations do this, with great benefits: much higher voter turnout, streamlined paperwork, you name it.

I would have to assume that any non-eligible voter that gets on the rolls, and votes, will not have a defense for voter fraud right? Also, the civil servant who make the error will be prosecuted for fraud as well, right?
That's not how this works. Fear mongering from the right.

So if a non-eligible voter gets to vote because of this, no one is held responsible?

Sounds like Democratic politics to me.

Non eligible-voters would not get to vote. That is a very old red herring. VERY OLD.

Because government agencies never make mistakes, right?

Ballot Access News - California Bill for Automatic Voter Registration Advances

On August 27, the California Senate Appropriations Committee passed AB 1461, the bill to provide that all adult citizens known to the state should be automatically registered to vote. Such individuals would be informed that they had become registered, and would be given a chance to opt out...

...The bill is likely to pass. It had passed the Assembly on June 2. The Republican leader in the Assembly, Kristin Olsen, had voted “No” but now she appears to support it, according to remarks she made at a public meeting on August 19.

Interesting and positive development. That would make California and Oregon the first two states that I know of to approach the issue of automatic voter registration.

Sounds like a good, solid idea to me, since it promotes Democracy.

-Geaux

I disagree. It's an outstanding idea. Other civilized nations do this, with great benefits: much higher voter turnout, streamlined paperwork, you name it.

Other nations? Didn't know they existed when establishing law and order

Deemed irrelevant

-Geaux

-

Ignorance is no excuse for stupidity.

You would be amazed to learn that other 1st world nations exist and they do automatic voter registration. It works like a top.

I would have to assume that any non-eligible voter that gets on the rolls, and votes, will not have a defense for voter fraud right? Also, the civil servant who make the error will be prosecuted for fraud as well, right?

So if a non-eligible voter gets to vote because of this, no one is held responsible?

Non eligible-voters would not get to vote. That is a very old red herring. VERY OLD.

The same government agencies you would love to use to hunt down and remove, illegal immigrants, n'est ce pas?

Amazing how Conservatives can become nanny-staters practically overnight.

On August 27, the California Senate Appropriations Committee passed AB 1461, the bill to provide that all adult citizens known to the state should be automatically registered to vote. Such individuals would be informed that they had become registered, and would be given a chance to opt out...

...The bill is likely to pass. It had passed the Assembly on June 2. The Republican leader in the Assembly, Kristin Olsen, had voted “No” but now she appears to support it, according to remarks she made at a public meeting on August 19.

Interesting and positive development. That would make California and Oregon the first two states that I know of to approach the issue of automatic voter registration.

-Geaux

Deemed irrelevant

-Geaux

-

You would be amazed to learn that other 1st world nations exist and they do automatic voter registration. It works like a top.

Good... nice to know. Can't see if from my house and other Nations are no measure of what we do here. That's why we're America and they want to be

-Geaux

-Geaux

Deemed irrelevant

-Geaux

-

Good... nice to know. Can't see if from my house and other Nations are no measure of what we do here. That's why we're America and they want to be

-Geaux

Uhm, no. You would be surprised how many don't want to be America. Actually, often, they do it better than we. But your ultra-nationalism keeps you from seeing it.

Are you f'ing kidding me! Without voter ID what is to stop a person for voting for someone else. Especially since the polled will never question someone! CA always proves liberal ideology over reason!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you f'ing kidding me! Without voter ID what is to stop a person for voting for someone else. Especially since the polled will never question someone! CA always proves liberal ideology over reason!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhm, no.

-Geaux

Deemed irrelevant

-Geaux

-

-Geaux

Uhm, no. You would be surprised how many don't want to be America. Actually, often, they do it better than we. But your ultra-nationalism keeps you from seeing it.

Fuck em

-Geaux

Deemed irrelevant

-Geaux

-

-Geaux

Fuck em

-Geaux

Yes, I can imagine that you think that way.

How the hell is this a bad idea? Oh, republicans wanting to limit the vote.
We want to limit the vote to actual citizens. What criteria will California use to determine US citizenship? Or are they attempting to confer that right on illegal aliens that they have issued drivers' licenses to?

How the hell is this a bad idea? Oh, republicans wanting to limit the vote.
We want to limit the vote to actual citizens. What criteria will California use to determine US citizenship? Or are they attempting to confer that right on illegal aliens that they have issued drivers' licenses to?
This has already been explained, read the dang thread.

Deemed irrelevant

-Geaux

-

-Geaux

Fuck em

-Geaux

Yes, I can imagine that you think that way.
And we can imagine why you would think the way you do. You are obviously not into nationalism.

-Geaux

Can you show me the criteria that will be used to establish citizenship?

-Geaux

Deemed irrelevant

-Geaux

-

Well,a top requires SPIN......

Seriously though, what countries are you talking about. Please only list countries with at least 300 million population. Thanks in advance!

The same government agencies you would love to use to hunt down and remove, illegal immigrants, n'est ce pas?

Amazing how Conservatives can become nanny-staters practically overnight.

Border control is something they are actually SUPPOSED to do. And your resorting to argumentum ad absurdum is comical.

-Geaux

Deemed irrelevant

-Geaux

-

Seriously though, what countries are you talking about. Please only list countries with at least 300 million population. Thanks in advance!

Why 300 million as a requirement? What does that mean, and why would that be important?

Germany has 82 million people and is, in terms of landmass, the size of Montana.

In Germany, voters are automatically registered and informed of their polling place. They bring their voting postcard, their national ID and they go and vote. Because Germany has a national ID system, people who are not citizens are NOT automatically registered. Safe, clean, effective, a minimum of paperwork, ZERO fraud.

It works like a top.

-Geaux

Deemed irrelevant

-Geaux

-

Why 300 million as a requirement? What does that mean, and why would that be important?

Germany has 82 million people and is, in terms of landmass, the size of Montana.

In Germany, voters are automatically registered and informed of their polling place. They bring their voting postcard, their national ID and they go and vote. Because Germany has a national ID system, people who are not citizens are NOT automatically registered. Safe, clean, effective, a minimum of paperwork, ZERO fraud.

It works like a top.
But you don't want people to have to show ID to vote here.... LO fucking L

Deemed irrelevant

-Geaux

-

It works like a top.

Oh, but you just lied out your ass.

I have REPEATEDLY stated here in USMB that I am FOR voter-id. I have always been. In fact, I am for a national citizen ID that looks exactly like a person's passport card. That would solve a lot of problems immediately.

Learn to read so that you don't look so stupid.

I openly challenge you to find even one single posting of mine where I speak against voter ID. Good luck with that one.

-Geaux

Deemed irrelevant

-Geaux

-

It works like a top.

If we had a similar system I'd be all for it. The Germans verify Identity and citizenship.

We don't do that in California or in the US. We have it bassackwards. We aren't allowed to ask for ID when registering or when voting! We're on the honor system!

It's not just in California either. The SCOTUS just threw out laws in Kansas and Arizona the required voters to prove citizenship when they registered. Supreme Court Throws Out Arizona, Kansas Voter ID Appeal

I wanted a large country as an example because I am sick to death of people using Norway with it's tiny 6 million population as an example of all that is great with democratic socialism.

Deemed irrelevant

-Geaux

-

It works like a top.

Oh, but you just lied out your ass.

I have REPEATEDLY stated here in USMB that I am FOR voter-id. I have always been. In fact, I am for a national citizen ID that looks exactly like a person's passport card. That would solve a lot of problems immediately.

Learn to read so that you don't look so stupid.

I openly challenge you to find even one single posting of mine where I speak against voter ID. Good luck with that one.
Then I stand corrected....
Sorry that I lumped you with all the other Libbies that want illegals voting.

Forum List

Back