Cain/Bialek: Uh Oh.

geauxtohell

Choose your weapon.
Jun 27, 2009
Out here in the middle.
Personally, I am somewhat conflicted about the allegations against Cain. Unlike some, if they are true, I think it's a big deal and he isn't fit for the office. On the other hand, recognize that he is in a somewhat untenable position in having to defend himself against allegations (which he and his staff have handled poorly. Scolding the press or asking the obvious questions just smacks of desperation). Then again, four women are now coming forward so there is some merit to the notion of "where there is smoke". This can no longer be dismissed as some sort of liberal conspiracy to ruin Cain.

All that aside, Cain stated yesterday that he doesn't now Bialek and had never met her. Now this comes out:

Witness saw Herman Cain and accuser together last month - CNN.com

If this is true, then it is possible that Cain was being less then truthful about knowing Bialek (it is also possible that, on the camaign trail, he interacts with a lot of people he couldn't pick out of a line up). Either way the article is an interesting twist on this story.

It's also possible that Baliek is an operative and has been sent by one of Cain's primary opponent to knee cap him. (A conspiracy theory for sure, but politics ain't beanbag). If that is the case, as a TP member, it's doubtful that she came from the left.

It's funny to watch the Cain supporters protect their messiah as if it's impossible he could have done these things... Well, what if he did? Too bad Cain has no meaningful policy to fall back on right about now.

In the end I just don't care either way. As a Ron Paul fan I deal with him being called a racist, the problem is Paul has so many positions on issues it just not stick because there is other stuff to focus on, that is just not the case with Cain.

Forum List

Back