Cable TV was around in 1973???

I think I was about 10 years old or so when my parents got cable...so about 1975.

when i was a kid we had three channels

nbc cbs and abc

Yep...but don't forget the UHF channels!

it was a hassle but we could tune in one UHF channel

when we got cable you got a box with a rotary dial

--LOL

Yep...I remember it. I also remember it was something like $8 a month. I can't believe people now pay $100 or more.

the monthly cost did bug dad though

he thought tv should be free

before we dumped cable our bill ran over 200 a month

I was watching a episode of Sanford and Son from the 1972-73 TV season and Fred was telling Lamont he wants Cable TV which shocked the hell out of me. I didn't even hear of cable until 1987 and always wondered what ESN stood for inside the TV Guide which was ESPN.

I didn't get cable until 1988
Cable arrived in my town in 78. My BFF had it but my Mom was happy with her 3 MSM channels and PBS. Life was less complicated then.

I was watching a episode of Sanford and Son from the 1972-73 TV season and Fred was telling Lamont he wants Cable TV which shocked the hell out of me. I didn't even hear of cable until 1987 and always wondered what ESN stood for inside the TV Guide which was ESPN.

Cable arrived in my town in 78. My BFF had it but my Mom was happy with her 3 MSM channels and PBS. Life was less complicated then.

Sanford and Son was the only sitcom from the 70's I heard mention cable tv

I don't remember any 70's TV show mentioning it either. When it did come in it was a big deal and by the early 80's almost everyone had it. I pay for TV now, I have 1000 channels and still there's nothings on. lol

I don't remember any 70's TV show mentioning it either. When it did come in it was a big deal and by the early 80's almost everyone had it. I pay for TV now, I have 1000 channels and still there's nothings on. lol

1984 cable act made cable much more available

Forum List

Back