Cable TV was around in 1973???

OK, Dark, who was "Madman Muntz"?
The first time I heard that name in decades. I had a Muntz radio and I think he made TV's as well.
He didn't make them he paid to have his name on them.
NO, according to the bio I just read he WAS the inventor of the four track. And often took designs and made them simpler. He built his own cars after leaving K/F and they sold for three years.

An overhead valve V-8 with about 331 displacement and dual carbs. One of the race cars HE built took second at Indy. Currently there is a Muntz Jet Convertible up for auction and the starting bid is 85K.

Just a quick glance mind you.

I remember when my step-grandfather got cable service back when I was around 7 or 8 years old in the mid 70s. The reception was remarkable. Toledo was a test marketing city for CableSystem, which is now Buckeye CableSystem. Today Buckeye Express is by far the fastest ISP available in the area.

Grampa also had a very early remote control system that used air pressure to change the channel. There was a mechanism on the TV tuner that had a pneumatic tube running across the floor to foot operated bellows on the floor in front of the couch.

." The origins of cable broadcasting in some European cities as far back as 1924."

You mean PRISON CABLE
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. So whose jails' wife were you?

Prison Cable Definition: "Not much to see"
Had to start somewhere at some point and then grow. Even so there is not much on currently with over 200 channels.

I still like Nick@Nite

." The origins of cable broadcasting in some European cities as far back as 1924."

You mean PRISON CABLE

Had to start somewhere at some point and then grow. Even so there is not much on currently with over 200 channels.

I still like Nick@Nite
I am a little fucked up I like "how it is Made"

You mean PRISON CABLE

I still like Nick@Nite

Never heard of it

I still like Nick@Nite

Never heard of it
How It's Made

"How It's Made
Television Series
8.8/10·TV.com
7.9/10·IMDb
A look behind the scenes at how everyday things are manufactured. Typically each episode includes three to four products featured, with a mix consisting of common items such as jeans, aluminum foil and cereal, and less predictable ones like wax figurines, braille typewriters and pinball machines."

For example

We had Cable TV in 1965
A mountain blocked our reception from NYC and a cable was the only way to get receipt ion

I don't remember real cable content until the late 70s

I still like Nick@Nite

Never heard of it
How It's Made

"How It's Made
Television Series
8.8/10·TV.com
7.9/10·IMDb
A look behind the scenes at how everyday things are manufactured. Typically each episode includes three to four products featured, with a mix consisting of common items such as jeans, aluminum foil and cereal, and less predictable ones like wax figurines, braille typewriters and pinball machines."

For example

I would rather go on a double date with two fat ugly women than watch one second of that show

I still like Nick@Nite

Never heard of it
How It's Made

"How It's Made
Television Series
8.8/10·TV.com
7.9/10·IMDb

For example

I would rather go on a double date with two fat ugly women than watch one second of that show

I know I am hard wired for how things work

There is no way you could possibly remember 1887 or 88....... Heck you probably couldn't remember your name if you didn't have it on a patch on your shirt.......
Wait till he hears about radial tires or 8 trac's.
8 track
Pony Express.......
Wait till he hears about all that free sex during the 60s and 70s. And part of the 80s. Lets see, if he's watching Sanford and son TODAY, will he be watching The golden girls by 2025?

I thought the Golden Girls was aimed toward OLD WHITE WOMAN?
You remind me of an old white woman. Golden Girls should be right up your alley.

Wait till he hears about radial tires or 8 trac's.
8 track
Pony Express.......
Wait till he hears about all that free sex during the 60s and 70s. And part of the 80s. Lets see, if he's watching Sanford and son TODAY, will he be watching The golden girls by 2025?

You remind me of an old white woman. Golden Girls should be right up your alley.

Now why would you say something so fucking stupid?

Now why would you say something so fucking stupid?
He knows it's all you can relate too....... :thup:

Back in the 1970's I had 2-way cable (Qube) in Columbus, Ohio. Best use was when they allowed fans at home to call the plays for Columbus' semi-pro football team during one game. I also enjoyed when they interviewed politicians and a graph at bottom showed a truth-meter based on viewers pressing one of the 4 buttons on their home controller. They held play-at-home quiz shows and made all sorts of use out of it. Left Columbus and so didn't know what Time-Warner made out of it.

QUBE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back