Cable company policing my home computers.

All windows 10 computers got message they were quarantined on my network. All the windows 7 computers still worked. Called our Cable Company and found out they did it because someone watched a Torrent movie. Committed a Copyright violation. That if we kept it up we'd permanently lose the internet. They tried to pass it off like we didn't do it but somebody who had access to our wifi did. I watched Avengers End Game over the intranet off of my sisters computers and my nephew watch japanese anime crap.

Make us regret upgrading to windows 10.

How do I go back to 7?
Who is your cable company?

All windows 10 computers got message they were quarantined on my network. All the windows 7 computers still worked. Called our Cable Company and found out they did it because someone watched a Torrent movie. Committed a Copyright violation. That if we kept it up we'd permanently lose the internet. They tried to pass it off like we didn't do it but somebody who had access to our wifi did. I watched Avengers End Game over the intranet off of my sisters computers and my nephew watch japanese anime crap.

Make us regret upgrading to windows 10.

How do I go back to 7?
Who is your cable company?
Spectrum. But when were quarantined the message says Roadrunner.

It isn't my cable providers job to play internet cop. I could watch the show for free with commercials or I could torrent it and watch it commercial free. I watched the Avenger Movie without putting out 50 bucks to go to the movie theater. Maybe we need to go back to dial up. I used to be Elite with my 2400 baud modem and list of Pirate Web sites. The good ol' days when it took a half an hour to download a GIF.

We're getting a VPN. You know they charge for that? You get the free ones if you like trojans and credit card scammers. Nord VPN is 12 bucks a month. Checked on Hulu though and they want like 50 buck a month for the good stuff. We already pay 200 a month for cable/internet/phone They are ripping us off.

Just saw this and thought I'd share since you said you were going to get it. This makes it only $2.99 a month for 3 years plus a free month. $108 for 37 months.

Grab The Exclusive NordVPN 3-Year Deal! (75% Discount)

Only 9 and half hours to use that though.

Don't violate copyrighted material and you'll be golden.

Having said that, EVERYONE should be using a VPN, regardless of streaming video or not. Your ISP takes your money, but that doesn't give them the right to monitor your content.

I just found out we have HBO and Showtime on our cable and watched Game of Thrones and Billions onDemand instead of watching a torrent version. We pay $200 a month for our internet/cable/phone maybe I should learn how to use it. :)

Forum List

Back