CA meter maids paid nearly $100,000 a year

Again, not seeing the problem here.

You guys are good with executives making seven and eight figure salaries, and you are upset some working stiff is making close to six?

People are upset because they see people being paid too much money at the taxpayers' expense only because their public employees union pays off politicians. If Microsoft was paying janitors $100k, no one would complain.

There aren't any meter readers making $100k. The OP was a LIE. Why perpetrate it?

Thank you.

Funny how when someone gawks at some wall street crook (I mean executive) making 5 million a year they are told "none of your business so what." WHen some city worker makes $67,000 the same people cry out how that is way too much. Talk about class warfare. Another example of hatred toward working people. Pure unadulterated hatred. If I could make $67,000 a year reading meters then heck why wouldnt I try to get that job? What they should make is $5,000 plus should pay the extra that the wealthy are going to get as a tax break right? I see where you're coming from.

This will obviously come as a surprise to you but there's a difference between private sector and public sector jobs, not the least of which is where the money comes from to pay each of them.

Funny how when someone gawks at some wall street crook (I mean executive) making 5 million a year they are told "none of your business so what." WHen some city worker makes $67,000 the same people cry out how that is way too much. Talk about class warfare. Another example of hatred toward working people. Pure unadulterated hatred. If I could make $67,000 a year reading meters then heck why wouldnt I try to get that job? What they should make is $5,000 plus should pay the extra that the wealthy are going to get as a tax break right? I see where you're coming from.

This will obviously come as a surprise to you but there's a difference between private sector and public sector jobs, not the least of which is where the money comes from to pay each of them.

Shut the fuck up and stop being so damn jealous of someone else's success.

Now you have a clue as to why the public is turning against public service unions. This is one of the reasons.

100k ain't alot to afford what it costs to live in California, much less the megalopolises

The people who are paying the $100,00 per person, per year, make less than $30,000 a year. How do you think they feel about it.

Los Angeles has a department whose sole job is to soak the labels off water bottles and glue on city labels. They all make more than $100,000 a year. There is a calligraphy department so that city documents can have a headline of fancy writing they all make that much or more with benefits.

Los Angeles is going bankrupt, now you know why.

100k ain't alot to afford what it costs to live in California, much less the megalopolises

The people who are paying the $100,00 per person, per year, make less than $30,000 a year. How do you think they feel about it.

Los Angeles has a department whose sole job is to soak the labels off water bottles and glue on city labels. They all make more than $100,000 a year. There is a calligraphy department so that city documents can have a headline of fancy writing they all make that much or more with benefits.

many large cities ar going broke.

And for the same reasons. Public service worker salaries and benefits negotiated by unions when times were good and now they are unaffordable. Rather than renegotiate these outrageous contracts, the unions are demanding more, from people who now have less to give them.

And for the same reasons. Public service worker salaries and benefits negotiated by unions when times were good and now they are unaffordable. Rather than renegotiate these outrageous contracts, the unions are demanding more, from people who now have less to give them.

Well I doubt they will get more, but even police are a strain on the system, there are basically to manycops.

I noted an appalling lack of links in your post.

I noted an appalling lack of links in your post.

The story originated from Fox news. It does not state anything about 30k paying their salary. or water bottles.

So, you're abandoning your earlier position that 50% of people pay no taxes. Good to know.

Forum List

Back