CA meter maids paid nearly $100,000 a year

Those are city employees you clown

Do you think a Meter Maid, Paid by the City should make 100,000 a year Wages and Benefits? Seriously?

Shouldn't the market determine that? If this is what these people are able to convince their employer to pay them, then good for them. Why should you be bothered by their success? Oh, and Obama has nothing to do with this.

who negotiates for the people? you know, the folks who pay their taxes who pay that salary?

Funny how when someone gawks at some wall street crook (I mean executive) making 5 million a year they are told "none of your business so what." WHen some city worker makes $67,000 the same people cry out how that is way too much. Talk about class warfare. Another example of hatred toward working people. Pure unadulterated hatred. If I could make $67,000 a year reading meters then heck why wouldnt I try to get that job? What they should make is $5,000 plus should pay the extra that the wealthy are going to get as a tax break right? I see where you're coming from.

Do you think a Meter Maid, Paid by the City should make 100,000 a year Wages and Benefits? Seriously?

Shouldn't the market determine that? If this is what these people are able to convince their employer to pay them, then good for them. Why should you be bothered by their success? Oh, and Obama has nothing to do with this.

who negotiates for the people? you know, the folks who pay their taxes who pay that salary?

Their duly elected officials.

Funny how when someone gawks at some wall street crook (I mean executive) making 5 million a year they are told "none of your business so what." WHen some city worker makes $67,000 the same people cry out how that is way too much. Talk about class warfare. Another example of hatred toward working people. Pure unadulterated hatred. If I could make $67,000 a year reading meters then heck why wouldnt I try to get that job? What they should make is $5,000 plus should pay the extra that the wealthy are going to get as a tax break right? I see where you're coming from.

Right, like when execs of failing companies gets golden parachutes and conservatives defend them telling us we are just practicing class warfare.

And you wonder why calf cities are going bankrupt left and right.. I know why UNIONS and their unrealistic wants of the American taxpayers

Again, not seeing the problem here.

You guys are good with executives making seven and eight figure salaries, and you are upset some working stiff is making close to six?

People are upset because they see people being paid too much money at the taxpayers' expense only because their public employees union pays off politicians. If Microsoft was paying janitors $100k, no one would complain.

And you wonder why calf cities are going bankrupt left and right.. I know why UNIONS and their unrealistic wants of the American taxpayers

You guys are good with executives making seven and eight figure salaries, and you are upset some working stiff is making close to six?

People are upset because they see people being paid too much money at the taxpayers' expense only because their public employees union pays off politicians. If Microsoft was paying janitors $100k, no one would complain.

It depends on what you define as "too much", wouldn't it?

If you are paying this woman 96K, but she writes 200K in parking violations, then the city is making a $104K profit. (Assuming she works 250 days a year, she'd have to write out 16 $50.00 citations a day.)

On the other hand, if you are paying Wagoneer 12 million to run GM, and he runs it so badly that they require a government bailout to stay in business... that's actually a pretty bad deal.

And thus the lie of corporatism is exposed. It's not what you actually produce, it's what you can manipulate the system to get you.

What people should be upset about is not that the unions managed to retain good salaries for public workers, but that we let the corporatists take away the good salaries in the private sector.

Again, the Koch Brother gobbles down 10 cookies and tells the Teabagger- "That Public Worker wants half your cookie!"

Last edited:

There aren't any meter readers making $100k. The OP was a LIE. Why perpetrate it?

There aren't any meter readers making $100k. The OP was a LIE. Why perpetrate it?

Because that is a big part of their schtick. Remember Obama's trip to India costing 200 million a day....they bought that hook line and sinker.

Forum List

Back