CA Highway Patrol To Peer Into Driver Windows To Catch Cell Phone Use...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
And the march towards absolute Authoritarian-rule continues.

Cellphone talkers and texters, beware. California Highway Patrol officers around Sacramento have special marching orders on Friday and Saturday:

Find you and ticket you.

"If someone is driving distracted, we want officers to issue citations," said CHP spokesman Adrian Quintero.

Also on Friday, plainclothes officers and volunteers with clipboards will be stationed on foot at several major intersections around Sacramento, peering into passing car windows and noting the types of distracted driving they see.

Similar tallies will be taken in the Auburn and Stockton areas. They won't be ticketing. They'll be gathering data to be forwarded to the California Office of Traffic Safety as part of an emerging statewide campaign to understand and combat distracted driving.

Read more here: CHP plans 24-hour crackdown on drivers using cellphones - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Last edited:
And the march towards total Authoritarian-rule continues.

Cellphone talkers and texters, beware. California Highway Patrol officers around Sacramento have special marching orders on Friday and Saturday:

Find you and ticket you.

"If someone is driving distracted, we want officers to issue citations," said CHP spokesman Adrian Quintero.

Also on Friday, plainclothes officers and volunteers with clipboards will be stationed on foot at several major intersections around Sacramento, peering into passing car windows and noting the types of distracted driving they see.

Similar tallies will be taken in the Auburn and Stockton areas. They won't be ticketing. They'll be gathering data to be forwarded to the California Office of Traffic Safety as part of an emerging statewide campaign to understand and combat distracted driving.

Read more here: CHP plans 24-hour crackdown on drivers using cellphones - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

So you think the Cops should have to Enforce the Laws we pass, with out being able to look through a windshield?

lol

And the march towards total Authoritarian-rule continues.

Find you and ticket you.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®
Think "revenue enhancement." California needs the money.

Find you and ticket you.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

It's against the law.... it's not like they are using X-ray machines to peer into an area not visible to the naked eye... it's thru fucking clear windows...

Nothing wrong with this at all... and believe me, it's not like I uphold stances of Cali all that often

Find you and ticket you.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

point 1... so do I.

point 2... so? No ticketing will be done while 'peering' through the windows gathering data.

I see people on cell phones all the time and really don't look for it. I just notice when someone pulls out in front of me that they have a phone to their ear.

In this case, the people on the street corners are looking for any signs of distraction. It's beyond upholding the law, but rather looking for other things to outlaw.

Distracted drivers do cause accidents, though for years people have done things in their cars other than drive. I see people eating, putting on makeup or otherwise focusing on something other than the road.

I foresee a law that bans any type of distraction, though many times it can't be avoided. We're human and unusual things will always distract us. I believe there are laws against certain things that tend to distract drivers now. Common sense tells us not to deliberately do something that takes our attention off the task at hand, but it's obvious that common sense really isn't so common these days when you look around. Some only know what government tells them, so rather than think on their own, they wait for orders.

I think this latest effort is simply an attempt to ticket more people and rake in more money in fines because cities and states are going broke. Many have already cut police and fire depts and they are struggling to keep things going. States have obligations to the ever-growing welfare crowd and they have to come up with money somehow.

So, everyone, grab your cell phones and contribute to the state's coffers. It's your duty.

Last edited:
I see people on cell phones all the time and really don't look for it. I just notice when someone pulls out in front of me that they have a phone to their ear..

I see this almost daily. People cut in front of me, or someone else... or they drift halfway into the next lane, then abruptly jerk back, etc... and almost every freaking time, the driver has a hand to their head, holding a cell phone. If you honk, they look in the mirror and flip you off.

I foresee a law that bans any type of distraction, though many times it can't be avoided. We're human and unusual things will always distract us. I believe there are laws against certain things that tend to distract drivers now.
As far as I know, there are laws against distracted driving in about every jurisdiction in the US. I suspect the reason they are adding cellphone laws on top of them is to reap larger fines.

I see people on cell phones all the time and really don't look for it. I just notice when someone pulls out in front of me that they have a phone to their ear..

I see this almost daily. People cut in front of me, or someone else... or they drift halfway into the next lane, then abruptly jerk back, etc... and almost every freaking time, the driver has a hand to their head, holding a cell phone. If you honk, they look in the mirror and flip you off.
And people wonder why road rage is on the rise.

I like that they look away for illegal aliens but if someone is taking a call they are the criminal .. I am so glad I do not live in Calf.

Find you and ticket you.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Whats next, seat belt laws?

I like that they look away for illegal aliens but if someone is taking a call they are the criminal .. I am so glad I do not live in Calf.

So you have two Hispanics driving in front of you. Both have the same car. You can tell which one is illegal? Are YOU looking through their windshields?

How is it, you can have special illegal detecting skills?

I'm sure the TSA will have to get in on this one. Look for a checkpoint near you. Enjoy your Holidays.

What does an illegal alien look like?

obama-undocumented-democrats-illegal-aliens.jpg

Forum List

Back