CA girls demand their "right" to be boy scouts

A man is not like a woman

both have tongues I guess LOL..... that's true haaaaaaa:laugh:

ok LOL this is too funny I guess:laugh:

I don't like it when it is one sided...Girls always demand men to give up things we have but they call us names if a boy wanted to get into the girl scots.

It is insane.

Yup - or if a man insisted on playing on the LPGA, he'd be told "men have their own golf tour". Well - girls have their own scout organization.

I'm ok with this unisex stuff as long as we're consistent. That means letting boys play on girls basketball teams and swim teams and golf teams. Same with the pros. Let men play the WNBA and LPGA.

California girls barred from Boy Scouts claim gender discrimination

Four months after the Boy Scouts of America made history by allowing gay adults to become leaders, its local chapter in Northern California is facing new pressure from girls, asking to become full members.

They call their group "The Unicorns." The six young girls teach themselves things they didn't learn in the Girl Scouts, like building a campfire.

"I got jealous of what my brother got to do because he's a Boy Scout ...," said 10-year-old Ella Jacobs.

Jacobs and her friend, Allie Westover, decided they were more interested in what the boys were doing. So last fall, they started participating in activities alongside a local Boy Scout troop.

News of the girls' participation reached the local Boy Scout council, which last month, barred them from further scouting activities.

"They're just being discriminatory and not nice," said Jacobs. "Because we're girls, they're saying because we're a different gender we shouldn't be allowed to do the same things boys can."

But boy scouts isn't a sport.

Just be ready for boys to want into the girl scouts. You woman want it one way...Talk about sexist.

you are a wimp Matthew

you are total yuck

sorry but true

"I got jealous of what my brother got to do because he's a Boy Scout ...,"

After further questioning the girl admitted that she had a life long but secret wish to pee standing up.

Who said they wish they could be California girls?:eek:

Did her parents inform her that there's girl scouts?

The mother is at the bottom of all this.

"Jacobs' mom, Danielle - herself a Boy and Girl Scout leader - helped the girls formally apply to become Boy Scouts. Last week, they were rejected.

"I don't think that having girls join and having a co-ed program necessarily destroys that tradition," Danielle said."

I'm ok with this unisex stuff as long as we're consistent. That means letting boys play on girls basketball teams and swim teams and golf teams. Same with the pros. Let men play the WNBA and LPGA.

Four months after the Boy Scouts of America made history by allowing gay adults to become leaders, its local chapter in Northern California is facing new pressure from girls, asking to become full members.

They call their group "The Unicorns." The six young girls teach themselves things they didn't learn in the Girl Scouts, like building a campfire.

"I got jealous of what my brother got to do because he's a Boy Scout ...," said 10-year-old Ella Jacobs.

Jacobs and her friend, Allie Westover, decided they were more interested in what the boys were doing. So last fall, they started participating in activities alongside a local Boy Scout troop.

News of the girls' participation reached the local Boy Scout council, which last month, barred them from further scouting activities.

"They're just being discriminatory and not nice," said Jacobs. "Because we're girls, they're saying because we're a different gender we shouldn't be allowed to do the same things boys can."

Just be ready for boys to want into the girl scouts. You woman want it one way...Talk about sexist.

You are generalizing this is some screwed up mother pushing her daughter to be boyish

I don't really care too much, TBH. Scouting is not a sport, so I don't see how it really matters at all. What do you do in the boy scouts? Go camping? Make a fire? Big deal.

why would idiotic girls demand to be boy scouts????

I tell you

that is so moronic!

beyond words!

You are generalizing this is some screwed up mother pushing her daughter to be boyish

yes Alex ..I agree!

The thing that gets me is if Ella Jacobs or shootspeeders goes camping, pees in the woods and gets it stuck in the zipper all they have to do is unstrap and put another one on, after which they can prance and frolic with the real boys.

That just ain't fair to the male born Boy Scouts.

I don't really care too much, TBH. Scouting is not a sport, so I don't see how it really matters at all. What do you do in the boy scouts? Go camping? Make a fire? Big deal.
You don't know much about scouting.

I don't like it when it is one sided...Girls always demand men to give up things we have but they call us names if a boy wanted to get into the girl scots [sic].

It is insane.

The Girl Scouts do, in fact, allow boys to join and participate…

What is Girl Scouts' position on serving transgender youth?

Girl Scouts is proud to be the premiere leadership organization for girls in the country. Placement of transgender youth is handled on a case-by-case basis, with the welfare and best interests of the child and the members of the troop/group in question a top priority. That said, if the child is recognized by the family and school/community as a girl and lives culturally as a girl, then Girl Scouts is an organization that can serve her in a setting that is both emotionally and physically safe.​

In other words, if a boy claims to “identify” as a girl, the Girl Scouts will recognize him as such, and allow him to join.

Forum List

Back