Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls, Allow Them to Earn Eagle Scout Rank

Will boys being selling girl scout cookies now? Will they still be called "girl" scout cookies? Will they keep the peanut butter cookies. This is important! Does anyone know?

Girls will be selling popcorn

To force the Boy Scouts to take on gender challenges they should not be required to is wrong.

Don'tcha know the boy scouts isn't actually about male camaraderie and being outdoorsy? No, no, it's about getting them acclimated to the opposite gender so they are more prepared for mating. They won't learn that anywhere else. That's why there needs to be girls in the boy scouts. /s

:cuckoo:

Alright, what the fuck is this bullshit? I was in the boy scouts for 5 years and there was something special about getting out there with your buddies and all of their dads and doing/learning cool shit separate from the women that are involved in just about every other aspect of our lives. It wasn't sexist; it was just about male camaraderie. It won't be the same now.

Boy Scouts will admit girls and allow them to earn Eagle Scout rank

The Boy Scouts of America announced Wednesday that girls will soon be allowed to become Cub Scouts and to earn the coveted rank of Eagle Scout, the organization’s highest honor.

"We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their children," said Michael Surbaugh, chief executive of the Boy Scouts.

You do realize this will probably result in a serious decrease in Girl Scouting, right?
IDK - but I predict the boys will be scouting out more girls.

At this rate, in 20 years it will be considered sexist to call someone a man or a woman...everyone will be referred to as a person or people.....:laugh:

In the early days of this country it was "Goody". Instead of Mr. Or Mrs. everyone was Goody.
Wasn't "Goody" only for the married females?
I've seen it applied to everyone.
They were wrong. Just for your information.
Why are the females referred to as Goody?
"Goody" was a way to refer to married Puritan women. As Ulrich points out, "In seventeenth-century New England, women of ordinary status were called Goodwife, usually shortened to Goody." The idea of "Goodwife" is significant. ... They are married women and their primary function is to operate as a "Goodwife."Oct 14, 2013
Explain the frequent use of the name, "Goody." | eNotes

Alright, what the fuck is this bullshit? I was in the boy scouts for 5 years and there was something special about getting out there with your buddies and all of their dads and doing/learning cool shit separate from the women that are involved in just about every other aspect of our lives. It wasn't sexist; it was just about male camaraderie. It won't be the same now.

Boy Scouts will admit girls and allow them to earn Eagle Scout rank

The Boy Scouts of America announced Wednesday that girls will soon be allowed to become Cub Scouts and to earn the coveted rank of Eagle Scout, the organization’s highest honor.

"We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their children," said Michael Surbaugh, chief executive of the Boy Scouts.

Next, they will allow Jews to join.

This really is a bizarre decision by the scouts. I can understand the whole allowing gays or transgenders thing. They aren't called the Not Gay Scouts. But we already have a Girl Scouts.

I enjoyed the time I spent being in the Boy Scouts. That was long before they started capitulating to the left.

Finding a nearby Girl Scout camp was something we often talked about during camping trips.
Looks like they’re going to make things easier. :naughty:

At this rate, in 20 years it will be considered sexist to call someone a man or a woman...everyone will be referred to as a person or people.....:laugh:

In the early days of this country it was "Goody". Instead of Mr. Or Mrs. everyone was Goody.
Wasn't "Goody" only for the married females?
I've seen it applied to everyone.
They were wrong. Just for your information.
Why are the females referred to as Goody?
"Goody" was a way to refer to married Puritan women. As Ulrich points out, "In seventeenth-century New England, women of ordinary status were called Goodwife, usually shortened to Goody." The idea of "Goodwife" is significant. ... They are married women and their primary function is to operate as a "Goodwife."Oct 14, 2013
Explain the frequent use of the name, "Goody." | eNotes
Thank you for the insight I had often heard of men referred to as goody. The source must have been in error.

Forum List

Back