Boy scouts lose 425,000 boys 1 week after announcing name change

It is a good thing they are changing their name. As an Eagle Scout, I wanted nothing to do with what they have become in the last ten years. This way it preserves the high level of achievement and honor that an Eagle Scout denotes.

Great news. I was afraid many parents would be fine with this 'New Scouting' rubbish. IF the org is going to cave in to these scumbag tactics and PC fascists, they're too weak and timid to be able to provide real leadership and character to young males.

Boy Scouts Lose 425,000 Boys 1 Week After Announcing Name Change
One week after the century-old Boy Scouts of America announced it was changing its name and its mission to accept girls at all levels of scouting, its single biggest participant announced Tuesday that it was cutting ties to the Scouts.
==================================

LOL , it didn't take a rocket scientist to have known this was going to happen.
LoL!

Of course--the membership loss is at least partially due to the LDS church pulling out..odd that you didn't point that small tidbit out, eh?

Mormon church to sever its 105-year-old ties to the Boy Scouts at end of 2019
Mormon Church pulls older teens out of Boy Scouts

"The BSA and LDS have enjoyed a long, symbiotic relationship. Ties with the Scouts helped the Mormon church in its effort to "mainstream" its image during the 20th century, and "Mormon troops were a backbone component for Scouting," the Deseret News reported.

Mormon teenagers ages 14-18 were already not participating in the BSA as of Jan .1, 2018 when a decision to pull the older boys out of scouting that was approved the year before took effect. According to the Deseret News, that change dropped the number of Mormon boys in the Scouts from 470,000 to about 280,000.

The church said the decision was not in response to the Boy Scouts policy change in 2015 to allow gay troop leaders. At the time that sparked a monthlong debate within the church, but LDS leaders decided to stay because the BSA said religious groups could pick troop leaders in line with their faith. "

One week after the century-old Boy Scouts of America announced it was changing its name and its mission to accept girls at all levels of scouting, its single biggest participant announced Tuesday that it was cutting ties to the Scouts.

LoL!

Of course--the membership loss is at least partially due to the LDS church pulling out..odd that you didn't point that small tidbit out, eh?

"The BSA and LDS have enjoyed a long, symbiotic relationship. Ties with the Scouts helped the Mormon church in its effort to "mainstream" its image during the 20th century, and "Mormon troops were a backbone component for Scouting," the Deseret News reported.

Mormon teenagers ages 14-18 were already not participating in the BSA as of Jan .1, 2018 when a decision to pull the older boys out of scouting that was approved the year before took effect. According to the Deseret News, that change dropped the number of Mormon boys in the Scouts from 470,000 to about 280,000.

The church said the decision was not in response to the Boy Scouts policy change in 2015 to allow gay troop leaders. At the time that sparked a monthlong debate within the church, but LDS leaders decided to stay because the BSA said religious groups could pick troop leaders in line with their faith. "

So, no big deal losing 425,000 in a week. :auiqs.jpg:

LoL!

So, no big deal losing 425,000 in a week. :auiqs.jpg:
It was a stroke of the pen thing. LDS church said go..and they went. If the membership continues to decline..after opening up the rolls to girls--they might be in trouble. I do know that my grand-daughters are excited to join..they think the Girl Scouts are lame.

It was a stroke of the pen thing. LDS church said go..and they went. If the membership continues to decline..after opening up the rolls to girls--they might be in trouble. I do know that my grand-daughters are excited to join..they think the Girl Scouts are lame.

Not enough lesbian leaders?

BTW, your math stinks. There are still a lot of unaccounted for scouts that left.

Not enough lesbian leaders?
Lol! You are a sick pup...but hey...as long as you stay away from my kids..is all good.

BTW..they like the Boy Scouts because they think the Girl Scouts feminine BS is uncool..they like to hunt and fish and learn survival skills.

Lol! You are a sick pup...but hey...as long as you stay away from my kids..is all good.

BTW..they like the Boy Scouts because they think the Girl Scouts feminine BS is uncool..they like to hunt and fish and learn survival skills.

They prefer masculine gay leaders?

They prefer masculine gay leaders?
Another one..sheesh..get your mind out of the gutter!

They would prefer to do what interests them..and sewing, cooking and inane chatter does not.

They want to learn outdoors skill and go camping. Is that somehow bad?

You people's minds...must be some pretty nasty places..hope you never infect any children I love with your hatred and bigotry..never mind your sexual dysfunctions.

Scouts seem to be in a panic mode as they look to reshape themselves for a new generation

To me, I don’t see many girls joining Scouts
Most troops will remain boys with maybe an occaisional girl

The draw may be for girls to make Eagle Scout
Gold Scout just doesn’t equate

Another one..sheesh..get your mind out of the gutter!

They would prefer to do what interests them..and sewing, cooking and inane chatter does not.

They want to learn outdoors skill and go camping. Is that somehow bad?

You people's minds...must be some pretty nasty places..hope you never infect any children I love with your hatred and bigotry..never mind your sexual dysfunctions.

You realize Girl Scouts have a camping merit badge correct? Also a fishing badge AND outdoor skills badge.

Forum List

Back