C Ya Piers

I recall him calling the Gun Owners of America executive director Larry Pratt an "incredibly stupid man" during an on-air interview. That was very unprofessional and childish of him to be engaging in name calling, especially against a respected individual such as Mr. Pratt.

Whatever happened to the petition to deport him? I recall it had over 100,000 signatures.

Larry Pratt isn't a stupid man.

He's just a douchebag with no conscience who doesn't care about murdered children as long as the gun industry keeps signing his paycheck.
Couldn't agree more that Larry Pratt isn't a stupid man, as I recall he was calm, kept his composure and remained very professional during that interview where Piers Morgan went into an outburst. I guess that's why Larry Pratt holds an executive director job title, and Piers Morgan doesn't.

As for murdered children, you can't really blame Mr. Pratt. Guns are a part of our society, that is the reality. Criminals will always find a way to acquire them, no matter what we do. More children lose their lives in vehicle crashes versus gun related deaths. Driving is not a right, yet we still allow pretty much anyone to acquire a driver's license.

I'm waiting with baited breath for the day when some fruit loop runs over a playground full of children with his Buick. I'm sure the head of Triple A will be accused of wishing for dead kids just so he can cash the auto industry checks. Or maybe the head of the AMA can explain why we need doctors when physician mistakes alone kill 100,000 Americans per year (that's three times the death rate of firearms for those counting).

I bet you liberals will start blaming "conservative xenophobia" for his low ratings.

I had a feeling he was done after he called that tranny to task for bad mouthing him after their first talk together.

poor guy didn't know he was off script and liberals get fired over going off script and using free speech.

Fight it out with the OP -- he says it was his ratings.

Piers Morgan said he quit so which is it?

He made a mistake. He thought, as many liberals do, that the vast majority of Americans was anti gun. Just like he thought that the reality of his guest being born male would not be denied. He was wrong on both.

No one quits a pope job. They always say they they quit when they are fired.

I recall him calling the Gun Owners of America executive director Larry Pratt an "incredibly stupid man" during an on-air interview. That was very unprofessional and childish of him to be engaging in name calling, especially against a respected individual such as Mr. Pratt.

Whatever happened to the petition to deport him? I recall it had over 100,000 signatures.

He's just a douchebag with no conscience who doesn't care about murdered children as long as the gun industry keeps signing his paycheck.
Couldn't agree more that Larry Pratt isn't a stupid man, as I recall he was calm, kept his composure and remained very professional during that interview where Piers Morgan went into an outburst. I guess that's why Larry Pratt holds an executive director job title, and Piers Morgan doesn't.

As for murdered children, you can't really blame Mr. Pratt. Guns are a part of our society, that is the reality. Criminals will always find a way to acquire them, no matter what we do. More children lose their lives in vehicle crashes versus gun related deaths. Driving is not a right, yet we still allow pretty much anyone to acquire a driver's license.

Guns shouldn't be a part of our society. There's no good reason for average citizens to have them.

We have 32,000 gun deaths every year. Most of the industrialized world has next to none, because they either restrict who can own a gun or ban them outright.

The point was, Adam Lanza didn't have to "Criminally" acquire a gun. He just took some of the dozen or so guns his mom had bought legally, and after shooting her at the kitchen table, went on to kill a bunch of kids.

Yeah, I guess some guy from England where that almost never happens would be shocked and horrified.

I bet you liberals will start blaming "conservative xenophobia" for his low ratings.

I had a feeling he was done after he called that tranny to task for bad mouthing him after their first talk together.

poor guy didn't know he was off script and liberals get fired over going off script and using free speech.

I think the Tranny thing was just the straw that broke his back. He was in a downhill spiral anyway. The Brits that have brains hate him even more, after he published fake pictures of Brit troops torturing Iraqi prisoners. He is a piece of garage in every way.

Piers Morgan on fake Iraq War photos that got him fired: ?It was a moral duty?

Guns shouldn't be a part of our society. There's no good reason for average citizens to have them.

We have 32,000 gun deaths every year. Most of the industrialized world has next to none, because they either restrict who can own a gun or ban them outright.

The point was, Adam Lanza didn't have to "Criminally" acquire a gun. He just took some of the dozen or so guns his mom had bought legally, and after shooting her at the kitchen table, went on to kill a bunch of kids.

Yeah, I guess some guy from England where that almost never happens would be shocked and horrified.
A while ago, while we were asleep, we were awoken by a loud noise in our back yard. The wife called 911, and I grabbed my glock, turned on the lights and went to the back to see if an intruder was trying to break into our home. There was no one there, but whoever was there initially had apparently tried to steal our BBQ, and it was knocked over. I kept looking around the area to see if anyone was still around. After a few minutes, officers showed up. I explained what happened, and they instructed me to head back inside the home. They never found who trespassed on our property and had attempted to steal our BBQ. The assumption was the thief was scared off as soon as I turned the lights on.

Had I not had my gun, there was no way I'd head outside to confront a potentially armed intruder, and if he did decide to break into our home, we'd be sitting ducks till the cops arrived.

Last edited:

ratings will be the official reason, since they can't openly fire him for defending himself

ratings will be the official reason, since they can't openly fire him for defending himself

Ratings will usually be an official reason, if the broadcaster doesn't mind admitting low ratings. Since that impacts bottom line (ad revenue) they're more likely to come up with euphimisms ("it was time to move on ... pursue other interests... spend time with my family"). The part I don't get is why posters here are concerned with anybody's ratings, since all they do is determine how much an ad costs. I seriously doubt the OP is involved in buying and selling TV ads.

That position is fostered by wishful thinking and has nothing to do with reality. The fact is without guns there would be no United States of America. Guns are an indelible component of the American character. The Nation is flooded with them and the only way to effectively eliminate them is via totalitarian edict and enforcement. Unless one is receptive to that there is no point in protesting against the armed citizen. Because it is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have one.

Nibbling away at the edges of the Second Amendment with impotent restrictions serves no purpose other than inconveniencing legitimate gun owners. Because outlaws pay no attention to gun laws.

That position is fostered by wishful thinking and has nothing to do with reality. The fact is without guns there would be no United States of America. Guns are an indelible component of the American character. The Nation is flooded with them and the only way to effectively eliminate them is via totalitarian edict and enforcement. Unless one is receptive to that there is no point in protesting against the armed citizen. Because it is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have one.

Nibbling away at the edges of the Second Amendment with impotent restrictions serves no purpose other than inconveniencing legitimate gun owners. Because outlaws pay no attention to gun laws.

This is apparently totally off the topic, but "eliminating guns" is neither necessary nor realistic. What needs to be eliminated is the obsessive worship of them and what they represent. Achieving that, it won't matter how many guns there are. It's a change in attitude. Perhaps Mr. Morgan was at least in part aiming for that? (I don't know, I don't watch TV) -- Certainly Bob Costas was, which was the catalyst issue for my coming to this site in the first place.

Attitudes tell us a lot, and as I was posting a year ago the attitudes were:

"Bob Costas must be fired"...
"Piers Morgan must be deported"...
"David Gregory must be arrested"...
SEE the pattern. (This guy wanted Morgan not only deported but tortured.)

-- even in this thread several busybodies seem to obsess over whether this Piers Morgan guy has a show or not. Who cares? If you don't like what he's doing, change the fucking channel or better yet, turn the boob tube off and start thinking for yourself. Seems a lot of wags here are overly concerned about what somebody else might be watching. That raises a red flag for me.

Last edited:
[

Except that most gun deaths are suicides, accidents and domestic murders. A gun in the house is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy. So, no, it's not better to have a gun.

Japan had all of 11 gun murders in 2010 (the last year we have records for). IN that same year, we had over 11,000. How do guns make us better off?

Politics aside, I just watched a wonderful interview, Piers Morgan accomplished with someone I have great respect for, and that is Mark Cuban. :thup: Piers asked very good questions and Cuban had very good answers. I learned much. :clap2: Kudos to each of them.

Forum List

Back