C.I.A. Had Evidence Of Russian Effort To Help Trump Earlier Than Believed

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
07trumprussia-master768.jpg

John O. Brennan in July when he was the C.I.A. director. Mr. Brennan was said to be so concerned about increasing evidence of Russia’s election meddling that in late August he began a series of individual briefings for eight top members of Congress. CreditAl Drago/The New York Times

WASHINGTON — The C.I.A. told senior lawmakers in classified briefings last summer that it had information indicating that Russia was working to help elect Donald J. Trump president, a finding that did not emerge publicly until after Mr. Trump’s victory months later, former government officials say.

The briefings indicate that intelligence officials had evidence of Russia’s intentions to help Mr. Trump much earlier in the presidential campaign than previously thought. The briefings also reveal a critical split last summer between the C.I.A. and counterparts at the F.B.I., where a number of senior officials continued to believe through last fall that Russia’s cyberattacks were aimed primarily at disrupting America’s political system, and not at getting Mr. Trump elected, according to interviews.

The former officials said that in late August — 10 weeks before the election — John O. Brennan, then the C.I.A. director, was so concerned about increasing evidence of Russia’s election meddling that he began a series of urgent, individual briefings for eight top members of Congress, some of them on secure phone lines while they were on their summer break.

It is unclear what new intelligence might have prompted the classified briefings. But with concerns growing both internally and publicly at the time about a significant Russian breach of the Democratic National Committee, the C.I.A. began seeing signs of possible connections to the Trump campaign, the officials said. By the campaign’s final weeks, Congress and the intelligence agencies were racing to understand the scope of the Russia threat.

In an Aug. 25 briefing for Harry Reid, then the top Democrat in the Senate, Mr. Brennan indicated that Russia’s hackings appeared aimed at helping Mr. Trump win the November election, according to two former officials with knowledge of the briefing.

The officials said Mr. Brennan also indicated that unnamed advisers to Mr. Trump might be working with the Russians to interfere in the election. The F.B.I. and two congressional committees are now investigating that claim, focusing on possible communications and financial dealings between Russian affiliates and a handful of former advisers to Mr. Trump. So far, no proof of collusion has emerged publicly.

Mr. Trump has rejected any suggestion of a Russian connection as “ridiculous” and “fake news.” The White House has also sought to redirect the focus from the investigation and toward what Mr. Trump has said, with no evidence, was President Barack Obama’s wiretapping of phones in Trump Tower during the presidential campaign.

The C.I.A. and the F.B.I. declined to comment for this article, as did Mr. Brennan and senior lawmakers who were part of the summer briefings.

Much More: C.I.A. Had Evidence Of Russian Effort To Help Trump Earlier Than Believed - The New York Times

Very interesting news. This should be valuable information to all the investigations.

Yet no one ever presented tangible evidence to congress, while the meat puppet faggot's acolytes are covering their asses because they leaked non-evidence circumstantial bullshit to the press.

I'll bet some democrooks end up in handcuffs pretty soon.

MakeItCount.gif

John O. Brennan in July when he was the C.I.A. director. Mr. Brennan was said to be so concerned about increasing evidence of Russia’s election meddling that in late August he began a series of individual briefings for eight top members of Congress. CreditAl Drago/The New York Times

WASHINGTON — The C.I.A. told senior lawmakers in classified briefings last summer that it had information indicating that Russia was working to help elect Donald J. Trump president, a finding that did not emerge publicly until after Mr. Trump’s victory months later, former government officials say.

The briefings indicate that intelligence officials had evidence of Russia’s intentions to help Mr. Trump much earlier in the presidential campaign than previously thought. The briefings also reveal a critical split last summer between the C.I.A. and counterparts at the F.B.I., where a number of senior officials continued to believe through last fall that Russia’s cyberattacks were aimed primarily at disrupting America’s political system, and not at getting Mr. Trump elected, according to interviews.

The former officials said that in late August — 10 weeks before the election — John O. Brennan, then the C.I.A. director, was so concerned about increasing evidence of Russia’s election meddling that he began a series of urgent, individual briefings for eight top members of Congress, some of them on secure phone lines while they were on their summer break.

It is unclear what new intelligence might have prompted the classified briefings. But with concerns growing both internally and publicly at the time about a significant Russian breach of the Democratic National Committee, the C.I.A. began seeing signs of possible connections to the Trump campaign, the officials said. By the campaign’s final weeks, Congress and the intelligence agencies were racing to understand the scope of the Russia threat.

In an Aug. 25 briefing for Harry Reid, then the top Democrat in the Senate, Mr. Brennan indicated that Russia’s hackings appeared aimed at helping Mr. Trump win the November election, according to two former officials with knowledge of the briefing.

The officials said Mr. Brennan also indicated that unnamed advisers to Mr. Trump might be working with the Russians to interfere in the election. The F.B.I. and two congressional committees are now investigating that claim, focusing on possible communications and financial dealings between Russian affiliates and a handful of former advisers to Mr. Trump. So far, no proof of collusion has emerged publicly.

Mr. Trump has rejected any suggestion of a Russian connection as “ridiculous” and “fake news.” The White House has also sought to redirect the focus from the investigation and toward what Mr. Trump has said, with no evidence, was President Barack Obama’s wiretapping of phones in Trump Tower during the presidential campaign.

The C.I.A. and the F.B.I. declined to comment for this article, as did Mr. Brennan and senior lawmakers who were part of the summer briefings.

Much More: C.I.A. Had Evidence Of Russian Effort To Help Trump Earlier Than Believed - The New York Times

Very interesting news. This should be valuable information to all the investigations.
Another political hack like Brennan attacking Trump. Who would have thought?

Which officials made these claims? The same CIA clowns that backed the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt?

Funny, the FBI said they were investigating in July, so I guess August wasn't earlier than believed. But when are you ignorant regressives going to accept the fact that they were out to hurt the bitch whoever her opponent might have been.

The investigations continue...
Paying people not to work using other people's money and asinine investigations sums up the Democrat party.

Funny. Bet you sure didn't mind all those Hillary investigations...or Bill Clinton's BJ investigations...
Oh... did the DNC turn over the servers? Remember, you are the clown that backed an old turd that transferred top secret and above to her unsecured home brewed bathroom server. After that she allowed that same info to flow to an insane pedophile.

The Russian Postal and Federal Customs Services intercepted a radioactive parcel at a logistics center at Moscow's Vnukovo Airport and sent it to a special facility for disposal on Thursday. The discovery was made "during a check of mail to be delivered outside Russia," the Russian Post's press-service told TASS news agency. As the Yantar radiation control system was scanning one of the parcels, it registered "gamma rays exceeding the maximum permissible radiation background by dozens of times," it said. The source of dangerous emissions was immediately removed from the rest of the packages and placed in a protective container. The parcel contained "an aeronautic measuring device with a built-in dial piece," the press service said, adding that the radioactive cargo had been sent to a specialized facility for disposal. "The radiation level of the remaining postal items was at standard level," it stressed. The radioactive parcel had been sent by a female Muscovite to an addressee in the UK, according to TASS's police source......

RSOE EDIS - HAZMAT event in Russia [Asia] on April 07 2017 03:26 AM

Forum List

Back