By creating so much debt, did Republicans throw away our future?

Watching a 60 Minutes on America's aging infrastructure and the huge cost, I wonder if Republican threw away our future.
3 trillion in debt from the ill advised Bush Tax Cuts that Obama was blackmailed into extending.
3 trillion in debt from the Iraq fiasco.
Unknown trillions into the future taking care of many tens of thousands of young Americans maimed in Iraq.
The deregulated and shattered economy that cost trillions.
The tens of thousands of factories closed costing trillions.
The millions of jobs moved to China from 2001 to 2008 that were lost.
Have Republicans made sure we are destined to become a third world country? Has their damage been that broad?
Mindless partisan bigotry at its finest.
:clap:

congress_market.jpg

Looks like the Democrats are the ones who ran the nations budget over the cliff.
deficit.gif

Hmmmm. Looks like Dem's are the ones responsible for our fiscal mess.

Watching a 60 Minutes on America's aging infrastructure and the huge cost, I wonder if Republican threw away our future.

3 trillion in debt from the ill advised Bush Tax Cuts that Obama was blackmailed into extending.

Unknown trillions into the future taking care of many tens of thousands of young Americans maimed in Iraq.

Have Republicans made sure we are destined to become a third world country? Has their damage been that broad?
Why do you guys hate talking about what Republicans have done? Doesn't it bother you?
thats not it Dean.....you have only done this thread 20x so far.....how many times are we to discuss it?....5x?....10x?.....oh and your shit about Republicans trying to make us 3rd World?...how about your party?.....S.California in many areas is just about 3rd world....and that aint because of Republicans....will you admit that?....

Of course not. The debt seems to matter very little when either party is in the majority. They when their in the minority it's a whole different fox hunt. Our debt has been rising steadily regardless of which party controls Congress or The White House.

Hang on a second now! Democrats vs Republicans isn't nearly so clear-cut as Rebels vs the Empire but that's not to say there aren't measurable differences in governing styles down through the years.

Screen+shot+2011-07-29+at+6.35.45+PM.jpg

And while yes, the government under this president has accumulated a lot of debt, it's notable that the record-high deficit he inherited (and slightly increased) has come down around 2/3 because it is so much harder to cut spending than to increase it in government. Increasing spending wins you allies; decreasing spending embitters someone toward you.
ROFL

Both parties may have thrown away our future. Over the last 60 years they have given us endless war, massive debt, bloated/intrusive government, and crony capitalism. They are the very soul avarice in my opinion.

I love it....
Democrats are never anywhere to be found when the debt goes through the roof.
They never had anything to do with that.

Approaching $18 trillion now and it's still all Bush's fault...
Well, if you look at the data, the debt tends to drop when Democrats are in charge. Any honest person would agree.

But:
Iraq three trillion
Tax cuts three trillion
tens of thousands of Americans maimed for life in Iraq unknown trillions
Part D a trillion
The collapsed economy unknown trillions
millions of jobs lost to China from 2001 to 2001 trillions lost
over 40,000 factories closed trillions lost

All that happened before Obama was even sworn in, right? You know that. And nearly all of it happened when Republicans held both houses and the presidency? Right? You know that Right? And you know that a lot of it happened from Republicans using reconciliation three times. You know that right? Tell me you know that? Tell us what Republicans used reconciliation for. For once in your pathetic and small life be honest.

Why do you guys hate talking about what Republicans have done? Doesn't it bother you?
thats not it Dean.....you have only done this thread 20x so far.....how many times are we to discuss it?....5x?....10x?.....oh and your shit about Republicans trying to make us 3rd World?...how about your party?.....S.California in many areas is just about 3rd world....and that aint because of Republicans....will you admit that?....

You said: .S.California in many areas is just about 3rd world....and that aint because of Republicans....will you admit that?...

I'll admit California's economy is rebounding.

So why won't you answer this question?

As California Bounces Back, Governor Calls For Lofty Goals
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/25/u...unding-governor-pushes-big-projects.html?_r=0

San Diego Source Commentary Declinists mostly quiet as state economy bounces back

California 8217 s bounce-back economy generates unexpected half billion more in tax revenue

662820_butthurt-salve.png

You can buy salve on the Internet for your pain. Hope you feel better.

Bush didn't pay for one thing he spent tax money for.

Obama has had to pay for his blunders.

But really, they all pale when compared to what Reagan spent.

Bush kind of paid. He will forever be known as the worst president in US history.
Even Republicans didn't want him anywhere near their last two conventions. And they never will.
Millions of jobs moved the China from 2001 to 2008.
Iraq.
After Katrina.
The deficit creating Bush Tax Cuts.
He destabilized the Middle East leading to hundreds of thousand of dead people.
He was like Midas. Only everything he touched turned to shit. He knows it. His family knows it. The GOP knows it. The country knows it and the world knows it.

congress_market.jpg

Looks like the Democrats are the ones who ran the nations budget over the cliff.
deficit.gif

Hmmmm. Looks like Dem's are the ones responsible for our fiscal mess.

Only if you toss context out the car window like an empty soda cup. What those two peaks in deficit spending have in common is that they came during times of both severe economic distress and war. Bush himself heavily ramped up spending in his final budget before leaving office - do you really think, based on the pattern of spending he'd established during good times, that a third-term Bush would have been spending less from 2008-2012?

You said: .S.California in many areas is just about 3rd world....and that aint because of Republicans....will you admit that?...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/25/u...unding-governor-pushes-big-projects.html?_r=0

San Diego Source Commentary Declinists mostly quiet as state economy bounces back

California 8217 s bounce-back economy generates unexpected half billion more in tax revenue

nice dance Dean.....you danced nicely around California becoming 3rd world to talk about the States Economy....California doing well is not going to make places like El Centro and Bell suddenly become more "American".........here let me give you one of these.....

Bush kind of paid. He will forever be known as the worst president in US history.
Even Republicans didn't want him anywhere near their last two conventions. And they never will.
Millions of jobs moved the China from 2001 to 2008.
Iraq.
After Katrina.
The deficit creating Bush Tax Cuts.
He destabilized the Middle East leading to hundreds of thousand of dead people.
He was like Midas. Only everything he touched turned to shit. He knows it. His family knows it. The GOP knows it. The country knows it and the world knows it.

Well, obviously many in the U.S. don't know it.

They just fired your ass a couple of weeks ago.

Nobody thinks Obama cleared the debt. But he did bring the country back from the economic destruction that was the Bush Administration's hallmark. The destruction of the working middle class continues because Congress has done nothing to slow the loss of good paying manufacturing jobs to Third World countries, refuses to raise the minimum wage, or deal with the illegal immigrant problem. It's far too busy voting to repeal Obamacare to deal with real issues, for fear that Obama will get the credit for anything they do.

nice dance Dean.....you danced nicely around California becoming 3rd world to talk about the States Economy....California doing well is not going to make places like El Centro and Bell suddenly become more "American".........here let me give you one of these.....

A rising tide lifts all boats. The better the state does overall, the better it will be for individual cities and counties. Still looks like you might explode.

butthurtometer.gif

It is amazing how many posters simply cannot respond to this thread sensibly.

Instead we see 'Oh bullshit!' but no one seems able to explained why.

So far, I have the score card at: rdean 10 others 0.

Let's see, Iraq war under President George W Bush $800 Billion

Obama's stimulus bill, according to the CBO - $820 Billion

Then there are the billions given to failing green corporations like Solyndra, First Solar, Sun Power, Nevada Geothermal, Beacon Power, etc.

Let's not forget the government incentives to the Chevy Volt that failed to generate enough consumers to meet GMC's initial projection goals, halting production

Even still there are all those continuing Federal Unemployment Extensions from our government revenue that will never be replaced. Extensions that continued until the Republicans regained the House.

Ooops, almost forgot the billion spent to repair all those health care glitches. These are but a few of Obama's spending habits since he took office.

A rising tide lifts all boats. The better the state does overall, the better it will be for individual cities and counties. Still looks like you might explode.

butthurtometer.gif
still dancing Dean.....California doing well is not going to make places like El Centro and Bell suddenly become more "American"......dance your way to what i said otherwise try a 2-step rumba and dance around some more questions..........

You know what annoys the ever loving HELL out of me? I've been paying a tax on every gallon of gas I put in my vehicles and every set of tires I buy for those vehicles...revenue that was supposed to go to the upkeep of our highways including bridges. So what has happened to all that tax money that we've all paid that was supposed to go towards our highways? Our politicians took it and spent it on OTHER things. So now the bridges are crumbling and those same politicians are waving their hands in the air and declaring it to be a "crisis"!

Well, if you had spent the money that you got from all those taxes on what they should have gone to in the first place...we wouldn't be having a "crisis"...would we?

Forum List

Back