By a show of "hands" how many leftists on here would give up their cars or phones for climate change

Well leftists. These leftists said they would give up their phones or cars and ban all fossil fuels.

Would you?

Btw, if burning fossil fuels is made illegal, and banning all plastics, that means we live in the stone age.

So, are you really willing? Most of you are rather incapable to answering it cause we all know the answer. We know the answer and you know the answer.

But, if you want to make a serious attempt to answer and actually not be a hypocrite, let us know if you are willing.

If so, can we assume this will be the last time we ever read a post from you?

Yes I would. About time for you rightests to get your heads out of the sand.

Prove it. Better not post here again. I will be seeing if you do and I will be hounding you.

Well leftists. These leftists said they would give up their phones or cars and ban all fossil fuels.

Would you?

Btw, if burning fossil fuels is made illegal, and banning all plastics, that means we live in the stone age.

So, are you really willing? Most of you are rather incapable to answering it cause we all know the answer. We know the answer and you know the answer.

But, if you want to make a serious attempt to answer and actually not be a hypocrite, let us know if you are willing.

Prove it. Better not post here again. I will be seeing if you do and I will be hounding you.

What in the world are you going on about?

Would you?

Here, let me attempt to spell it out.

Most global warmers, in fact every one of them I have ever met, do not sacrifice anything. Drive their cars, use their cellphones, use air conditioning, on and on and on and on. Not to mention benefit from every product made through the burning of fossil fuels.

Yet, they yell scream and kick and point and accuse how these things either need to be banned, or massive taxes need to be applied. They want us to have $10 dollars a gallon for gas, not caring how that would cause mass inflation etc. What do they care? Don't pay their own bills and life has certainly been buttered for them.

The original post asked these hypocrites if they are willing to give up their products that they use that rely on fossil fuels. Like their cellphones, cars or computers. I could get real particular and add the clothing they wear produced and shipped with the reliance on fossil fuels, but for right now I will make it real simple.

I asked if by a show of "hands" if one of these dedicated global warmers would be willing to give up their cars, cellphones and computers.

You seem to be willing. I said I will now see if that is the case. If you do give those up, suffice to say you will never post here again.

Now, if you are true to your word.....

Goodbye.

Would you?

Most global warmers, in fact every one of them I have ever met, do not sacrifice anything. Drive their cars, use their cellphones, use air conditioning, on and on and on and on. Not to mention benefit from every product made through the burning of fossil fuels.

Yet, they yell scream and kick and point and accuse how these things either need to be banned, or massive taxes need to be applied. They want us to have $10 dollars a gallon for gas, not caring how that would cause mass inflation etc. What do they care? Don't pay their own bills and life has certainly been buttered for them.

The original post asked these hypocrites if they are willing to give up their products that they use that rely on fossil fuels. Like their cellphones, cars or computers. I could get real particular and add the clothing they wear produced and shipped with the reliance on fossil fuels, but for right now I will make it real simple.

I asked if by a show of "hands" if one of these dedicated global warmers would be willing to give up their cars, cellphones and computers.

You seem to be willing. I said I will now see if that is the case. If you do give those up, suffice to say you will never post here again.

Goodbye.

Many of us are cutting back whenever possible. You do not have to be a 'global,warmer' tomes

how the ice is melting and we have to do what we can to help.

Would you?

Goodbye.

Many of us are cutting back when it is possible. You do not have to be a 'global warmer' to see how the ic

Would you?

Goodbye.

Would you?

Goodbye.

Many of us are cutting back whenever possible. You do not have to be a 'global,warmer' tomes

Would you?

Goodbye.

Many of us are cutting back when it is possible. You do not have to be a 'global warmer' to see how the ic

Would you?

Goodbye.

To see that is.

Would you?

I already have given up a regular gas car. I bought my first hybrid in 2001. The ex and I decided then to never buy a regular gas car again and I haven't. My next car will be a fully electric car.

If I could give up my phone I sure would. I got my first cell phone in 1994 or 93. I forget which year. It was the first year that the flip phone came out. It was the size of a brick with a detachable battery. I originally got it for my career. I learned in 2001 about a bee sting allergy that's lethal that I have.

If I'm stung I have less than 10 minutes before I die. An epi pen will stop the anaphylactic reaction for about 40 minutes to an hour. There is no cure for a bee sting. All doctors can do is treat the symptoms and prevent me from dying. That epi pen buys me time to get to a hospital so I don't die.

I've been advised to never go to remote places and never, ever be without a phone. In the time I learned about the allergy phone batteries came off and you could carry a second charged one. Which I was advised to do.

The last time I was stung all I was able to do was take 2 steps. The anaphylactic reaction hit hard. I couldn't even get up the stairs to get to an epi pen.

I moved us over next to Puget Sound to get away from bees. The beach is about a block from here. Bees don't like salt air. They hang out here but not much and there are no bee nest here like there is east of here.

So it's a matter of my life and death with the cell phone. I can't give that up.

Would you?

Goodbye.

Would you?

Goodbye.

Would you?

Goodbye.

Well, here you are. Tell us, what are you doing?

List the sacrifices you are making.

I am betting you have not given up your car. We all see you are not willing to give up your cellphone or computer Ipad.

You said you are willing, and here you are.

Typical.

Now, let's see that list of yours. Don't tell me how you are a decent enough socialist who hates capitalism as you benefit from it.

Tell all of us your vast sacrifices.

Oh, and please try not lying.

Thanks.

Would you?

I already have given up a regular gas car. I bought my first hybrid in 2001. The ex and I decided then to never buy a regular gas car again and I haven't. My next car will be a fully electric car.

If I could give up my phone I sure would. I got my first cell phone in 1994 or 93. I forget which year. It was the first year that the flip phone came out. It was the size of a brick with a detachable battery. I originally got it for my career. I learned in 2001 about a bee sting allergy that's lethal that I have.

If I'm stung I have less than 10 minutes before I die. An epi pen will stop the anaphylactic reaction for about 40 minutes to an hour. There is no cure for a bee sting. All doctors can do is treat the symptoms and prevent me from dying. That epi pen buys me time to get to a hospital so I don't die.

I've been advised to never go to remote places and never, ever be without a phone. In the time I learned about the allergy phone batteries came off and you could carry a second charged one. Which I was advised to do.

The last time I was stung all I was able to do was take 2 steps. The anaphylactic reaction hit hard. I couldn't even get up the stairs to get to an epi pen.

I moved us over next to Puget Sound to get away from bees. The beach is about a block from here. Bees don't like salt air. They hang out here but not much and there are no bee nest here like there is east of here.

So it's a matter of my life and death with the cell phone. I can't give that up.

What was that? 8 paragraphs saying you are unwilling to make sacrifices?

Could have just said

NO

Would have saved me some time there.

Would you?

I would give up my car in a heartbeat. So long as public transport, ride sharing, car rentals, etc., was available and cost effective. As a suburbanite, I see self-driving Ubers as the future.

I'd be willing to adjust my lifestyle to shrink my carbon footprint, I already have, but expecting people to give up their lifestyle is foolish. Substituting paper straws for plastic ones, making them optional in restaurants, etc., is something we can all do (assuming it is helpful) but doing without straws completely? No.

Wow, willing to give up straws...what a sacrifice. No cars means no cars, not use someone else's car.

So are you willing to give up straws if it will help save the planet, no matter how tiny that help?

Giving up my car doesn't mean no cars, it means a more efficient use of cars. My car sits in front of my home 10+ hours every day. Very inefficient use of the materials that went into that car.

No one has to give up straws. Just the plastic ones that are thrown away every day by the billions.

There's a fast food restaurant chain here called Taco Time. They are great by the way. They stopped using regular plastic straws years ago. No one forced them, they just did the right thing. They have been using brown heavy paper straws.

There is no difference between the plastic and paper except the paper doesn't harm the planet as much as the plastic. They look much like the ones at the link below with the only difference being the color. Brown.

Amazon.com: striped paper drinking straws

Did you have a problem with fast food burger chains stop using styrofoam to use paper containers for their products?

I mean it's not that big of a deal. A straw is a straw. All most people are looking for in a straw is to be able to drink a beverage.

Most of the places here have converted to the paper straws. It's really no big deal. You can still drink your beverage the same way as you did using a plastic straw.

Would you?

I would give up my car in a heartbeat. So long as public transport, ride sharing, car rentals, etc., was available and cost effective. As a suburbanite, I see self-driving Ubers as the future.

I'd be willing to adjust my lifestyle to shrink my carbon footprint, I already have, but expecting people to give up their lifestyle is foolish. Substituting paper straws for plastic ones, making them optional in restaurants, etc., is something we can all do (assuming it is helpful) but doing without straws completely? No.

Wow, willing to give up straws...what a sacrifice. No cars means no cars, not use someone else's car.

So are you willing to give up straws if it will help save the planet, no matter how tiny that help?

Giving up my car doesn't mean no cars, it means a more efficient use of cars. My car sits in front of my home 10+ hours every day. Very inefficient use of the materials that went into that car.

No one has to give up straws. Just the plastic ones that are thrown away every day by the billions.

There's a fast food restaurant chain here called Taco Time. They are great by the way. They stopped using regular plastic straws years ago. No one forced them, they just did the right thing. They have been using brown heavy paper straws.

There is no difference between the plastic and paper except the paper doesn't harm the planet as much as the plastic. They look much like the ones at the link below with the only difference being the color. Brown.

Did you have a problem with fast food burger chains stop using styrofoam to use paper containers for their products?

I mean it's not that big of a deal. A straw is a straw. All most people are looking for in a straw is to be able to drink a beverage.

Most of the places here have converted to the paper straws. It's really no big deal. You can still drink your beverage the same way as you did using a plastic straw.

First of all, you still are not addressing SACRIFICES. No styrofoam containers is no sweat off anyone's back.

Are you at aware of what the group you will be voting for is advocating?

I get this impression you don't. Their over the top, 93 trillion dollar bullshit is about eradicating the middle class, period.

Which ones of AOCs plan in her communist new deal, guised under concerns for the planet, are on board with?

Getting rid of all cars?
Getting rid of all plane travel?
Railways to Hawaii?
Every single building made green in this country?

You have not mentioned any sacrifice. Driving a hybrid is barely a yawn. Big deal.

Do you have any clue what is coming out of our colleges here and around the world.

My God Oxford is banning all clapping at events for the sake of the deaf. Not related to climate but that is supposed to be the best school in the world and that is the stupid shit coming out of there.

You have yet to mention a sacrifice and plastic straws aren't doing anything harmful to the planet except for one turtle. As the same ones that cry about the turtle, cheer about the banning of those straws as they applaud the rivers of human shit running down the streets and into the waterways.

Do you understand any of the facts I am presenting or not?

Would you?

First of all, you still are not addressing SACRIFICES. No styrofoam containers is no sweat off anyone's back.

I get this impression you don't. Their over the top, 93 trillion dollar bullshit is about eradicating the middle class, period.

Which ones of AOCs plan in her communist new deal, guised under concerns for the planet, are on board with?

Getting rid of all cars?
Railways to Hawaii?

You have not mentioned any sacrifice. Driving a hybrid is barely a yawn. Big deal.

Do you have any clue what is coming out of our colleges here and around the world.

My God Oxford is banning all clapping at events for the sake of the deaf. Not related to climate but that is supposed to be the best school in the world and that is the stupid shit coming out of there.

You have yet to mention a sacrifice and plastic straws aren't doing anything harmful to the planet except for one turtle. As the same ones that cry about the turtle, cheer about the banning of those straws as they applaud the rivers of human shit running down the streets and into the waterways.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

I am betting you have not given up your car. We all see you are not willing to give up your cellphone or computer Ipad.

Typical.

Now, let's see that list of yours. Don't tell me how you are a decent enough socialist who hates capitalism as you benefit from it.

Thanks.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Typical.

Thanks.

I have driven hybrids for years. I am very vigilant about recycling. I do not waste water. I would love to live without a cellphone, but my wife would not allow it, and I have teenagers. I quite often walk to the store in stead of taking the car. I wish that I could find a way to fly less, that would be next on my list. I do not assume things about people the way that you do, if you were a better person, the world would be a better place.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Typical.

Thanks.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Typical.

Thanks.

I have driven hybrids for years. I am very vigilant about recycling. I do not waste water. I would love to live without a cellphone, but my wife would not allow it, and I have teenagers. I quite often walk to the store in stead of taking the car. I wish that I could find a way to fly less, that would be next on my list. I do not assume things about people the way that you do, if you were a better person, the world would be a better place.
You don't assume things about people and you are a left winger? That, is, funny. You ought to be a comedian on TBS. You seem to believe your own bullshit.

Oh, and your bullshit sacrifices, really are not sacrifices. Sounds like stuff you enjoy. Everyone I know recycles. Your hybrid preventing whatever, is a myth and you should know that by now.

You still desperately use and rely on fossil fuels. Nothing you listed says otherwise.

Now, you have any real sacrifices or are you now on our side when we say your democrats that you will be voting for are complete morons?

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Typical.

Thanks.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Typical.

Thanks.

You don't assume things about people and you are a left winger? That, is, funny. You ought to be a comedian on TBS. You seem to believe your own bullshit.

Oh, and your bullshit sacrifices, really are not sacrifices. Sounds like stuff you enjoy. Everyone I know recycles. Your hybrid preventing whatever, is a myth and you should know that by now.

You still desperately use and rely on fossil fuels. Nothing you listed says otherwise.

Now, you have any real sacrifices or are you now on our side when we say your democrats that you will be voting for are complete morons?
And we are supposed to even pay attention to someone like you. Sorry son.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Typical.

Thanks.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Typical.

Thanks.

No, but to the facts. The facts are hate speech to you.

Thank you for showing that you are a hypocrite who like any other ignorant hypocrite will be voting for candidates that are advocating for things you are not willing to do now.

Now, go tell your little friends at the club how a mean conservative was all mean and stupid for presenting facts with rhetorical questions.

Have fun hypocrite.

Would you?

What was that? 8 paragraphs saying you are unwilling to make sacrifices?

Could have just said

NO

Would have saved me some time there.

I already have made sacrifices. I have been buying and driving hybrid cars since 2001.

I voted to raise my taxes to build one of the largest wind farms in the nation in the 90s. When it came on line it generated too much energy for the existing grid to handle. So again I, along with the rest of the state, voted to increase our taxes again to build that new grid.

We started shutting down our last operating coal fire plant in 2005 it's close to being closed. It serves a small area of farmers in the central western part of the state. None of the energy I use comes from that plant. All the energy I use comes from water, natural gas, wind and sun.

I few years ago I again with the rest of the area in the state voted to raise my taxes again. On both home and vehicle. To build a light rail system through the area. Add more mass transit in buses and other forms of mass transit that helps either lower emissions or don't spew any at all.

I live in the city that introduced curb side recycling in the 1980s. I've been recycling literally for decades.

My car runs on electricity at least half the time so my emissions are so low I don't have to get my car smog checked. In fact I haven't had to do that in nearly 2 decades because my car has such low emissions it's not necessary to measure and test. I think the regular gas cars stink badly. I can't believe I drove around in those horrible smelling things for so long and was used to it.

My next car will be fully electric so it won't even have a tailpipe.

I have my own grocery bags that I take to the store, I don't use the plastic or paper bags. I started doing that around 1990. I use eco friendly soaps and cleaners.

I barely have a carbon footprint.

Yet you expect me to die because you demand it?

Do you see how ridiculous you are? You demand I die from a bee sting because I have no way to get help and get to a hospital.

What have you done to contribute?

I notice no one here is demanding you or your far right radical extremist friends give up anything.

The fact is, you're a hypocrite and fraud.

Typical.

Thanks.

Typical.

Thanks.

No, but to the facts. The facts are hate speech to you.

Thank you for showing that you are a hypocrite who like any other ignorant hypocrite will be voting for candidates that are advocating for things you are not willing to do now.

Now, go tell your little friends at the club how a mean conservative was all mean and stupid for presenting facts with rhetorical questions.

Have fun hypocrite.
My, you are a sad little person.

Do you not realize that nearly everyone has the same reasons for not being wiling to give up modern technology that you do?

What makes you so special, that others should have to give up benefits of modern life to “save the planet”, that you are yourself unwilling to give up?

Last edited:

Do you not realize that nearly everyone has the same reasons for not being wiling to give up modern technology that you do?

What makes you so special, that others should have to give up benefits of modern life to “save the planet”, that you are yourself unwilling to give up?
They are the left. They always have the moral high ground, and from those false moral platitudes, they are able to be hypocritical and sleep soundly at night.

Their echo chambers comfort them and by the power of group think, they are tranquilized within those "safe spaces."

Me calling them hypocrites is about as bothersome as a cloudy day for them. It is just when anyone presents truth that they fall into severe cognitive dissonance and they just hammer their nails like they always do at that truth.

Would you?

Getting rid of all cars?
Railways to Hawaii?

So it's not about decreasing the carbon footprint for you. You don't give a damn about that.

What it's about for you is you want to say people are hypocrites if they don't stop using their cars or cell phones.

Which is a bunch of garbage.

No one has to give up their car. All they have to do is buy a different one. Either a hybrid or a fully electric one. The carbon emissions on an electric car are zero. The carbon emissions on a hybrid are very low. So low the car doesn't need to be smog checked.

That's the point.

Not saying someone is a hypocrite for not giving up their car. No one has to do that.

I made the change nearly 19 years ago. I'm already doing my part to decrease carbon emissions.

You just don't like the fact that I have walked the walk. I made the changes so that I don't leave much of a carbon footprint behind. That's the point.

Not forcing someone to needlessly give up their car. That's just ridiculous and shows your motives aren't about doing the right thing. Your motives are to argue, fight and call people names.

I'm sure that in time cell phones will emit lower carbon so that people don't have to give them up.

The fact that you expect me do die is ridiculous. It just further shows that you don't care about carbon emissions. You care about being able to call people you disagree with names.

Which is so childish there aren't adjectives to describe how pathetic and childish you are.

Go argue with someone else. I won't play your childish game.

Forum List

Back