Middle Class Tax Cut

All tax cuts are good for the economy.

Any tax cut that I benefit from is really good for the economy because I get to spend the money on what I want rather than giving the money to a stupid bureaucrat to spend for me. .

Tax cuts and deficit spending is using borrowed money.
Putting $23T on the credit card is going to be a disaster in a few years when the interest rates climb.
I'd rather see a balanced budget amendment than keep adding to the Debt.
I'd support a 3% federal sales tax, aka a VAT to pay as we go.

Putting $23T on the credit card is going to be a disaster in a few years when the interest rates climb.
I agree we need to balance the budget. We have a number of problems with that tough.
First off you would need to convince congress to rewrite tax code to add more tax to themselves. They are the ones that have put in all the loopholes.
Second the current crop of Dems are running on giveaways which will not only add exponentially to the debt but in most cases will crash the economy.
Third you would have to do away with most welfare/social programs which would be labeled as attempting to punish or kill off the poor.

Feelings out does thought every time.

I agree we need to balance the budget. We have a number of problems with that tough.
First off you would need to convince congress to rewrite tax code to add more tax to themselves. They are the ones that have put in all the loopholes.
Second the current crop of Dems are running on giveaways which will not only add exponentially to the debt but in most cases will crash the economy.
Third you would have to do away with most welfare/social programs which would be labeled as attempting to punish or kill off the poor.

They are the ones doing alll the spending. Maybe time to attend rehab for their addiction to other peoples money.

unless we get over the welfare state mentality, this will never change and eventually the country will have to declare bankruptcy and start over. The nanny state cannot sustain itself.

How about just spending less money?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/11/12/trump-advisers-exploring-tax-proposal-that-would-lower-middle-class-rate-percent/?outputType=amp

Predictably, the Liberals are going to trash, tear, and smear this plan. But, it’s not like they are coming to the table with a plan to cut spending or an alternative to help the Middle Class besides expanding the criteria of “the wealthy” to include a good chunk of the Middle Class.
McConnell killed it because of the …. wait for it...… wait the punchline is really good ….. wait …. DEFICITS. LOL

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/11/12/trump-advisers-exploring-tax-proposal-that-would-lower-middle-class-rate-percent/?outputType=amp

Predictably, the Liberals are going to trash, tear, and smear this plan. But, it’s not like they are coming to the table with a plan to cut spending or an alternative to help the Middle Class besides expanding the criteria of “the wealthy” to include a good chunk of the Middle Class.
McConnell killed it because of the …. wait for it...… wait the punchline is really good ….. wait …. DEFICITS. LOL

All debt is bad no matter who does it. It is just as bad for Trump to run up the debt as it was for Obama to do it.

However, there is a difference.

All we got for Obama's enormous debt was increased poverty, decreased family income, increased income disparity and dismal economic growth. A shitty President who put us $10 trillion in debt and got nothing for it. Typical record for a Liberal.

At least with Trump's debt we are getting a booming economy, more family income and record low unemployment. We actually got the same thing with Reagan's debt.

Spend less money? Great idea. The problem is where do you cut. Here's the Budget. please tell me where you'd cut at least $1,000,000,000,000 ($one trillion). I recommend an audit by another "Grace Commission" and to actually follow their recommendations.
A. Hire another "Grace Commission" to audit and fix the Federal budget deficit

B. B. Cut Spending: [CUT $625b a year]
1. Cut defense to 2017 levels of $600b until the Debt is reduced, saving $150b
2. Cut foreign aid $55b (until Debt is paid we can't borrow to give money away)
3. Cut Welfare $200b & Medicaid $200b (about half)
4. Cut education $20b (state responsibility)

US Government Defense Spending History with Charts - a www.usgovernmentspending.com briefing
Current US Defense Spending:
Year Military Veterans Foreign Aid Total Defense
2017 $598.70 billion $178.00 billion $46.30 billion $823.00 billion
2018 $631.20 billion $180.40 billion $49.00 billion $860.50 billion
2019 $684.60 billion $202.10 billion $54.30 billion $941.00 billion
2020 $737.90 billion $219.20 billion $53.10 billion $1.00 trillion

C. To cover the $900b budget deficit the following taxes need to be raised:
1. Raise the top tax rate about 7% above 2016 levels +$400b
2. Implement a new 3% Fed sales tax +$400b
3. Implement a new transaction tax on all stocks & bonds Impose a Tax on Financial Transactions | Congressional Budget Office +$100b
4. Implement a new remittances tax/fee on all money sent out of the US https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/05/tax_remittances_can_build_the_wall.html 2% of $140b is +$3b a year

D. Reform entitlements, Medicare & Social Security, currently projected to be insolvent:

All tax cuts are good for the economy.

Any tax cut that I benefit from is really good for the economy because I get to spend the money on what I want rather than giving the money to a stupid bureaucrat to spend for me. .

Since 70% of the economy is poor with credit spending, wage increases will do more good than tax cuts.

On what?

Elimination of all tax expenditures would put 1.4 trillion dollars into paying off debt per year. Get rid of the expenditures, pay off debt and then everyone can get a sizable tax cut.

All debt is bad no matter who does it. It is just as bad for Trump to run up the debt as it was for Obama to do it.

All we got for Obama's enormous debt was increased poverty, decreased family income, increased income disparity and dismal economic growth. A shitty President who put us $10 trillion in debt and got nothing for it. Typical record for a Liberal.

At least with Trump's debt we are getting a booming economy, more family income and record low unemployment. We actually got the same thing with Reagan's debt.

tRumps booming economy is massive credit card spending by the poor with credit.

Why do you hate the Dem base?

Why do you hate the Dem base?

I don't. I'm calling a pig, a pig.

Is Trump going to cut spending to help pay for this tax cut?

Magic-8-Ball-featured.jpg

On what?

All welfare, subsidies, bailouts, entitlements, grants and foreign aid.

Get rid of about 2/3rds of the filthy agencies that don't do a damn thing of value.

Stop spending federal money on education.

Do away with the Departments of Energy, HUD and half a dozen more.

Ron Paul came up with a great plan in 2011 to cut Federal spending a trillion a year and still keep Social Security, Medicare and Defense spending. Hell, he even included some welfare in it.

Ron Paul's Plan to Cut the Deficit, End Parts of the Government

Ron Paul's Plan to Cut the Deficit, End Parts of the Government

Some highlights of Paul's plan:

• Cuts $902 billion in spending during the first year of a Paul presidency compared to current spending levels, or $981 billion compared to President Obama's budget request
  • Eliminates five federal departments: Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce, Interior, and Education
  • Lowers the corporate tax rate to 15 percent
  • Makes a 10 percent reduction in the federal workforce
  • Eliminates all U.S. foreign aid
  • Allows younger citizens to opt out of Social Security
  • Converts the federal Medicaid program into block-grants distributed to states
  • Over its first four years, Paul's plan would cut over $4.1 trillion in spending while bringing in $2.9 trillion less revenue, reducing the projected deficit by $783 billion according to the Paul campaign's own comparison to the Congressional Budget Office's baseline projections of current spending levels
Here is Paul's complete plan to Restore America. That plan is a great start to get back to fiscal responsibility and to start working on the debt.

http://c3244172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/RestoreAmericaPlan.pdf

Forum List

Back