By a show of "hands" how many leftists on here would give up their cars or phones for climate change

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

Well leftists. These leftists said they would give up their phones or cars and ban all fossil fuels.

Would you?

Btw, if burning fossil fuels is made illegal, and banning all plastics, that means we live in the stone age.

So, are you really willing? Most of you are rather incapable to answering it cause we all know the answer. We know the answer and you know the answer.

But, if you want to make a serious attempt to answer and actually not be a hypocrite, let us know if you are willing.

If so, can we assume this will be the last time we ever read a post from you?

in 20 years, cars will be electric, no longer spewing C02. So no need to give up the car. Just change it to be more environmentally friendly. Which is being done.
Why would I have to give up my phone? (I don't have one, but if I did?)

in 20 years, cars will be electric, no longer spewing C02. So no need to give up the car. Just change it to be more environmentally friendly. Which is being done.
Can someone let old lady know what the climate changers are claiming about cell phones?

Also, I am thinking since the earth only has 11 years left, that stuff about electric cars in 20 years does little.

Unless old lady, you think aoc and fonda are full of crap. Is that your claim with your 20 years comment?

You do realize that creating those electric cars spews co2, as well as the batteries and power stations must spew co2? -

A separate study from the Union of Concerned Scientists found that, depending on the type of plug-in being built, manufacturing a battery-powered car generates anywhere from 15% to 68% more CO2 emissions than a conventional gas-powered car. The reason is that producing the batteries is incredibly energy intensive.

Over the lifetime of a car, then, a plug-in could, depending on where one lives, contribute more to global warming than those nasty gasoline powered cars.
Electric Cars Can Produce More CO2 Emissions Than Gas Cars: Report | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD
[URL="https://sciencepost.uk/2019/05/electric-cars-co2-emissions/"]Electric cars don’t reduce CO2 emissions according to study[/URL]

You do realize that creating those electric cars spews co2, as well as the batteries and power stations must spew co2? -

A separate study from the Union of Concerned Scientists found that, depending on the type of plug-in being built, manufacturing a battery-powered car generates anywhere from 15% to 68% more CO2 emissions than a conventional gas-powered car. The reason is that producing the batteries is incredibly energy intensive.

Over the lifetime of a car, then, a plug-in could, depending on where one lives, contribute more to global warming than those nasty gasoline powered cars.
Electric Cars Can Produce More CO2 Emissions Than Gas Cars: Report | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD
Electric cars don’t reduce CO2 emissions according to study

Simple answer to that would be to not use those types of plug-in that produce all that excessive CO2. Now that we got that out of the way, what next?

And.... Electricity will come from Unicorn farts?

The power grid is about 97% now. Where so you plan to plug your Barbie Big Girl Car?

Have you seen how much damage those batteries do the environment? It dwarfs fossil fuels.

And where does electricity come from, moron?

You give up your internet right now or you are complicit in the destruction of the planet.

A partial list of items requiring fossil fuels in their construction-

Solvents Diesel fuel Motor Oil Bearing Grease
Ink Floor Wax Ballpoint Pens Football Cleats
Upholstery Sweaters Boats Insecticides
Bicycle Tires Sports Car Bodies Nail Polish Fishing lures
Dresses Tires Golf Bags Perfumes
Cassettes Dishwasher parts Tool Boxes Shoe Polish
Motorcycle Helmet Caulking Petroleum Jelly Transparent Tape
CD Player Faucet Washers Antiseptics Clothesline
Curtains Food Preservatives Basketballs Soap
Vitamin Capsules Antihistamines Purses Shoes
Dashboards Cortisone Deodorant Shoelace Aglets
Putty Dyes Panty Hose Refrigerant
Percolators Life Jackets Rubbing Alcohol Linings
Skis TV Cabinets Shag Rugs Electrician’s Tape
Tool Racks Car Battery Cases Epoxy Paint
Mops Slacks Insect Repellent Oil Filters
Umbrellas Yarn Fertilizers Hair Coloring
Roofing Toilet Seats Fishing Rods Lipstick
Denture Adhesive Linoleum Ice Cube Trays Synthetic Rubber
Speakers Plastic Wood Electric Blankets Glycerin
Tennis Rackets Rubber Cement Fishing Boots Dice
Nylon Rope Candles Trash Bags House Paint
Water Pipes Hand Lotion Roller Skates Surf Boards
Shampoo Wheels Paint Rollers Shower Curtains
Guitar Strings Luggage Aspirin Safety Glasses
Antifreeze Football Helmets Awnings Eyeglasses
Clothes Toothbrushes Ice Chests Footballs
Combs CD’s & DVD’s Paint Brushes Detergents
Vaporizers Balloons Sun Glasses Tents
Heart Valves Crayons Parachutes Telephones
Enamel Pillows Dishes Cameras
Anesthetics Artificial Turf Artificial limbs Bandages
Dentures Model Cars Folding Doors Hair Curlers
Cold cream Movie film Soft Contact lenses Drinking Cups
Fan Belts Car Enamel Shaving Cream Ammonia
Refrigerators Golf Balls Toothpaste Gasoline

Like the liberal guy (who just lost his re-election bid for local office) said:

It's not important that I give up my SUV.
It IS important that you give up yours. And, Oh, stop heating your house.
The typical ‘do as I say, not as I do’.

Where will the electricity come from?

Well leftists. These leftists said they would give up their phones or cars and ban all fossil fuels.

Would you?

Btw, if burning fossil fuels is made illegal, and banning all plastics, that means we live in the stone age.

So, are you really willing? Most of you are rather incapable to answering it cause we all know the answer. We know the answer and you know the answer.

But, if you want to make a serious attempt to answer and actually not be a hypocrite, let us know if you are willing.

I would give up my car in a heartbeat. So long as public transport, ride sharing, car rentals, etc., was available and cost effective. As a suburbanite, I see self-driving Ubers as the future.

I'd be willing to adjust my lifestyle to shrink my carbon footprint, I already have, but expecting people to give up their lifestyle is foolish. Substituting paper straws for plastic ones, making them optional in restaurants, etc., is something we can all do (assuming it is helpful) but doing without straws completely? No.

Dang, do you have any clue whatsoever where electricity comes from? Out of the wall is not a valid answer.

Would you?

I would give up my car in a heartbeat. So long as public transport, ride sharing, car rentals, etc., was available and cost effective. As a suburbanite, I see self-driving Ubers as the future.

I'd be willing to adjust my lifestyle to shrink my carbon footprint, I already have, but expecting people to give up their lifestyle is foolish. Substituting paper straws for plastic ones, making them optional in restaurants, etc., is something we can all do (assuming it is helpful) but doing without straws completely? No.

Wow, willing to give up straws...what a sacrifice. No cars means no cars, not use someone else's car.

Would you?

Wow, willing to give up straws...what a sacrifice. No cars means no cars, not use someone else's car.

So are you willing to give up straws if it will help save the planet, no matter how tiny that help?

Giving up my car doesn't mean no cars, it means a more efficient use of cars. My car sits in front of my home 10+ hours every day. Very inefficient use of the materials that went into that car.

If the Libs are that concerned about globull warming, maybe they should consider TOTALLY ELIMINATING their carbon footprint!!!

Would you?

So are you willing to give up straws if it will help save the planet, no matter how tiny that help?

Giving up my car doesn't mean no cars, it means a more efficient use of cars. My car sits in front of my home 10+ hours every day. Very inefficient use of the materials that went into that car.

Giving up straws will not save the planet.

Giving up burning fossil fuels means your car can be turned into a planter 24 hours/day.

Forum List

Back