Buy cheap products from China?

Widdekind, I believe all existing or proposed laws and regulations should stand upon their own merits and generalities remain unspecific until they are related to explicitly drafted laws and regulations.

I’m discussing free trade and Import Certificates policies; they’re specifically an existing and a specific proposed trade policy. Can you explicitly compare the consequences of taxes and regulations as applied to those two policies? Otherwise your response is meaningless.

Taxes and regulations are the equivalent of taxes and regulations. Your analogies are stretched too thin and fail to add meaning to your message.

Import Certificates are explained within the discussion thread
“Warren Buffett's concept to significantly reduce USA's trade deficit”
first Posted on 08-30-2009, 08:10 PM;
Last posted on 02-27-2012, 04:59 PM;
or
to www.USA-trade-deficit.Blogspot.Com .

Respectfully, Supposn

I’m discussing free trade and Import Certificates policies; they’re specifically an existing and a specific proposed trade policy.

they are nothing more than a tax on imports that Americans would pay and so be poorer. How liberal and idiotic is that?

I’m discussing free trade and Import Certificates policies; they’re specifically an existing and a specific proposed trade policy.

they are nothing more than a tax on imports that Americans would pay and so be poorer. How liberal and idiotic is that?

Edward Baiamonte, USA purchasers of imports are the cause of our annual trade deficits which are ALWAYS detrimental to our GDPs and to some extent reduce our median wages, it is reasonable that the prices of imported goods should be increased to fund the remedy.

Both the addition to prices of foreign goods sold in the USA and the reduction of USA export prices are market rather than government determined. The indirect but effective subsidy of USA exports is entirely funded by the increased prices of foreign goods sold in the USA.

Import Certificates are explained within the discussion thread
“Warren Buffett's concept to significantly reduce USA's trade deficit”
first Posted on 08-30-2009, 08:10 PM;
Last posted on 02-27-2012, 04:59 PM;
or
to www.USA-trade-deficit.Blogspot.Com .

Respectfully, Supposn

...do you?
This is the kind of country you support:

The pills, which are typically smuggled in by ethnic Koreans living in northern China, aren't just creepy, they contain "super bacteria" that is hazardous to human health, the statement said. South Korea began cracking down on the drugs last year after a television network aired a documentary accusing Chinese pharmaceutical companies of collaborating with abortion clinics to make the pills from human fetuses and the remains of dead infants, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Read more: Bizarre craze behind smuggling of pills containing the powdered flesh of babies | Fox News

Reused cooking oil from sewage.
This story rivals the dead fetuses story.

Edward Baiamonte, USA purchasers of imports are the cause of our annual trade deficits

of course thats liberal and idiotic since if we send 1 dollar to China they must spend it in the USA or burn it. Guess what they do with it?
there is no trade deficit!!

Edward Baiamonte, USA purchasers of imports are the cause of our annual trade deficits

of course thats liberal and idiotic since if we send 1 dollar to China they must spend it in the USA or burn it. Guess what they do with it?

This fool describes me as ‘idiotic”.
Transfers of wealth may or may not increase personal wealth but they are not factors within the calculation of the nation’s gross domestic product.

Corporate stocks and bond transactions, (excepting for sales of initial public offering or corporate treasuries’ stocks or bonds) contribute no additional capital to the nation’s enterprises. Except for the brokerage fees, those transactions contribute absolutely nothing to the nation’s gross domestic product.
This has been previously explained to the fool but he hangs on to his ignorant assertion.

Respectfully, Supposn

Transfers of wealth may or may not increase personal wealth but they are not factors within the calculation of the nation’s gross domestic product.

Corporate stocks and bond transactions, (excepting for sales of initial public offering or corporate treasuries’ stocks or bonds) contribute no additional capital to the nation’s enterprises. Except for the brokerage fees, those transactions contribute absolutely nothing to the nation’s gross domestic product.
This has been previously explained to the fool but he hangs on to his ignorant assertion.

Respectfully, Supposn

you said imports cause deficits; I said that was stupids. You knew you were wrong so changed the subject to 100% unrelated gibberish!!

Transfers of wealth may or may not increase personal wealth but they are not factors within the calculation of the nation’s gross domestic product.............Except for the brokerage fees, those (transfers of wealth) transactions contribute absolutely nothing to the nation’s gross domestic product.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Respectfully, Supposn

you said imports cause deficits; I said that was stupids. You knew you were wrong so changed the subject to 100% unrelated gibberish!!

I don’t know if this fool is inattentive or simply insists upon displaying his ignorance.
Nations’ trade deficits are the results of their imports exceeding their exports.

Respectfully, Supposn

They do 4 things with the American dollars they grab.
1) they buy American products
2) they buy American companies
3) they trade it on the exchange making the dollar weaker and the yuan stronger (it works the same as supply and demand)
4) they buy American debt.

to way oversimplify it and say they must buy american products is wrong. Simply wrong. Three of the 4 things they can do with American dollars, don't create jobs, and have a very limited effect on improving GDP.
Edit: p.s. in case you don't get it. The trade deficit is equal to how much of those other 3 things they are doing with the money. Which is why they say trade deficit is bad for GDP.

Last edited:

They do 4 things with the American dollars they grab.
1) they buy American products
2) they buy American companies
3) they trade it on the exchange making the dollar weaker and the yuan stronger (it works the same as supply and demand)
4) they buy American debt.

to way oversimplify it and say they must buy american products is wrong. Simply wrong. Three of the 4 things they can do with American dollars, don't create jobs, and have a very limited effect on improving GDP.
Edit: p.s. in case you don't get it. The trade deficit is equal to how much of those other 3 things they are doing with the money. Which is why they say trade deficit is bad for GDP.

1) if the deficit in bad for the economy why by companies in a bad economy

2) if they exchange dollars they get for them value based on what they ultimately will buy in the USA

3) if they buy debt the debt gets paid in dollars!! Chinese debt for example in not growing much. A trillion dollars after 30 years is trivial.

If you are middle of the road it means you lack the IQ to make a decision!!

Last edited:
Trade deficits are ALWAYS detrimental to their nations’ GDPs.

of course thats idiotic, its like saying Chicago should not run a trade deficit with NY. If they make great stuff in NYC and not in Chicago the folks in Chicago would be idiots for not buying from NY.

Does the goof liberal want a law saying you must always buy in your city or country regardless of price and quality???

Isn't trump going against what you are saying?

not sure, we think he's trying to set up free trade between USA and China which is is pretty closed. Do you understand?
Well I wish us the best

well the system was designed to be very very slow so all you get in the end is a slow drift to the left which is what the country really wants in the end. Huge central govt is the sad history of mankind. Its an addiction.

Trade deficits are ALWAYS detrimental to their nations’ GDPs.
of course thats idiotic, its like saying Chicago should not run a trade deficit with NY. If they make great stuff in NYC and not in Chicago the folks in Chicago would be idiots for not buying from NY.
Does the goof liberal want a law saying you must always buy in your city or country regardless of price and quality???
EdwardBaiamonte aka James972, on May 9, 2012, post #3, you posted this same question. It indicates a lack of knowledge or appreciation for the economic history of the United States. I don't understand how you can remember the exact wording of your question but you're unable to recall, or are unable to understand the answer within post #12?
Edward Baiamonte, under the Articles of Confederation, prior to the U.S. Constitution, tariffs had been enacted and/or were being considered by some state legislatures. It was in the better economic interests of some states.

Later there was more consideration to further consolidate state’s interests; they agreed to require some subordination of individual state interests for the benefit of the United States of America. That’s why the U.S. Constitution prohibits such economic restrictions between states.

Are you suggesting that we should more consolidate our interests with the remainder of the globe?
Would you have us further subordinate our economic sovereignty to global pacts or the United Nations?
Respectfully Supposn[/QUOTE]

not sure, we think he's trying to set up free trade between USA and China which is is pretty closed. Do you understand?
Well I wish us the best

well the system was designed to be very very slow so all you get in the end is a slow drift to the left which is what the country really wants in the end. Huge central govt is the sad history of mankind. Its an addiction.
Nonsense. You've been brainwashed by Republicans.

Read this

"You Can't Govern if You Don't Believe in Government"

[
Are you suggesting that we should more consolidate our interests with the remainder of the globe?
I'm saying we should have free trade between individuals cities states and nations. Now do you understand? The fewer with whom you trade freely the poorer you get. We call this the golden rule in economics!

Would you have us further subordinate our economic sovereignty to global pacts or the United Nations?
Respectfully Supposn
[/QUOTE]

we could have 100% sovereignty by making trade illegal.The only problem is we'd starve to death.

Well I wish us the best

Nonsense. You've been brainwashed by Republicans.

Read this

"You Can't Govern if You Don't Believe in Government"

why not tell us the point of article in your own words if you can.

I'm saying we should have free trade between individuals cities states and nations. ....
EdwardBaiamonte aka James972, PURE free trade? The kind of trade that promotes our chronic annual trade deficits, and consistently reduces our nation's production more than otherwise; the kind that drags upon our numbers of jobs, and thus, upon our median wage more than otherwise? That's what you're advocating and I'm opposed to.

I no less, and possibly more than yourself, am an advocate of independent entities competing within level marketplaces; but only to a point not net detrimental to my nation's economy or its population's median quality of life. That median quality of life is related to the purchasing power of the nation's median family income.

Respectfully, Supposn

Forum List

Back