CA Ranked Worst in Country for Business Another YEAR IN A ROW!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Their streak of winning the dubious aware of Worst State in the Union to do business is breaking records!

California named worst state for business in magazine survey - latimes.com
In an annual survey, executives ranked California as the worst place to do business for the eighth year in a row.

Also to point out, 1/3 of the entire country's welfare receiptants live in this once great state!

A third of U.S. welfare recipients live in California, the report noted. High state taxes and bundles of red tape make operating a business in the state unaffordable to many companies, critics say.

How many people are fleeing the Business Hell Hole:
2001 through 2009. California has lost 1.5 million people over the same period

I bet you can guess the other liberal shit holes that round out the top five:
California narrowly edged out New York in what the survey called "the ninth circle of business hell," sharing the bottom five spots with Illinois, Massachusetts and Michigan.

(1) CA
(2) NY
(3) IL
(4) MA
(5) MI

Last edited:
That's what France wants to be!

France allready is. Now they want to get worse. Soon France is going to collapse and a new Napoleon will arrive. Then it's Katey bar the door!

California is fucked.

I am not sure how CA makes it, honestly.

(1) 1.5 million people vacated CA since 2001!
(2) They have such a deficit it's sick and disgusting that they still spend
(3) 8 years in a row voted worst place to do business. For a long time they were consider the PLACE to do business. That is how they built up their great infrastructure. How times have changed
(4) Illegal immigration is bankrupting the schools, hospitals and welfare system.
(5) They have some HUGE teacher shortage, show of the highest student per teacher ratios and are doing horrible. The UNIONS, tenure, unfunded outragenous pensions and free healthcare are to blame. Instead of taking on the Unions and reforming pensions and the tenure system, they give more to the Unions, increase pensions and fire teachers by the hundreds!
(6) Insane business taxation and regulation are causing and exodus of businesses and NONE are starting up to take their place!
(7) Cost of living is so high, I can't see how anyone can afford to live there.

California is fucked.

yes we are, and the least they can do is get me a date with your avatar FFS....:doubt:

cali has been conned into adding referendums to raise taxes to the ballot to get around the legislature ( that requires 2/3's for approval of new taxes).....know why?

the unions need money for their pension funds, which a major portion of those taxes would fund if they win the referendums.......yup. the hype of course says different but it is as usual BS.

California is fucked.

(3) 8 years in a row voted worst place to do business. For a long time they were consider the PLACE to do business. That is how they built up their great infrastructure. How times have changed
(4) Illegal immigration is bankrupting the schools, hospitals and welfare system.
(5) They have some HUGE teacher shortage, show of the highest student per teacher ratios and are doing horrible. The UNIONS, tenure, unfunded outragenous pensions and free healthcare are to blame. Instead of taking on the Unions and reforming pensions and the tenure system, they give more to the Unions, increase pensions and fire teachers by the hundreds!
(6) Insane business taxation and regulation are causing and exodus of businesses and NONE are starting up to take their place!

dude, I worked for a landmark silicon valley co. that they chased out, got laid off in April 2009, I had survived several layoffs ( worked there 18 years) before that but this time, they had a bullet with my name on it....why? becasue they closed the whole fucking biz arm that they had running here from the 70's....

I don't blame the co. at all, when they let us go, the CEO told us straight up, they just could not continue to lose the money they had been losing on our plant which they had kept running partly out of/for memories sakes becasue they had pioneered this biz....... I would have done exactly the same thing, folded tents, pulled up stakes and moved on.

California is fucked.

dude, I worked for a landmark silicon valley co. that they chased out, got laid off in April 2009, I had survived several layoffs ( worked there 18 years) before that but this time, they had a bullet with my name on it....why? becasue they closed the whole fucking biz arm that they had running here from the 70's....

I don't blame the co. at all, when they let us go, the CEO told us straight up, they just could not continue to lose the money they had been losing on our plant which they had kept running partly out of/for memories sakes becasue they had pioneered this biz....... I would have done exactly the same thing, folded tents, pulled up stakes and moved on.

And yet, California's population continues to grow and-----and is projected to continue to grow well into the future.

California is fucked.

I lived in California for 3 years when I was in the Military, I don't see how regular people afford to live there, the cost of living is through the roof and there are very little jobs available and the jobs they do have don't pay much more than they would anywhere else in the country, my girlfriend is from Santa Barbara and her and her family had to move out of there when SB became a tourist destination and basically tripled the rent overnight back in the late 90's, California belongs to the rich and the illegals not normal people.

And yet, California's population continues to grow and-----and is projected to continue to grow well into the future.

Of course its growing, those illegals aliens are having kids left and right, most of the people moving to California are illegal aliens not normal hard working Americans.

Rising population and collapsing economy.... do the math.

Los Angeles wants to ban single use plastic bags and close the plastic bag factory. 163 people will be put out of work.

It's for the health of the planet. If the bag makers are smart they will shift their sales. The law bans stores from using plastic bags. There is nothing to stop bag makers from selling directly to the public.

Los Angeles wants to ban single use plastic bags and close the plastic bag factory. 163 people will be put out of work.

It's for the health of the planet. If the bag makers are smart they will shift their sales. The law bans stores from using plastic bags. There is nothing to stop bag makers from selling directly to the public.

Typical California business.

Troll!

California demographic shift: More people leaving than moving in - Los Angeles Times
Recent census figures show the state is losing more Californians like McCluer than it is attracting from other parts of the U.S. And the trend toward out-migration is looking less like a blip than a long-term condition.

The proportion of Californians who had moved here from out of state reached a 100-year low of about 20% in 2010, and the decade measured by the most recent census was the first in a century in which the majority of Californians were native-born.

The demographics of California today more closely resemble those of 1900 than of 1950: It is a mostly home-grown population, whose future depends on the children of immigrants and their children, said William Frey, a demographer and senior fellow at the Brookings Institution.

"We used to say California, here we come," said Frey. "That now has flipped."

Troll!

California demographic shift: More people leaving than moving in - Los Angeles Times
Recent census figures show the state is losing more Californians like McCluer than it is attracting from other parts of the U.S. And the trend toward out-migration is looking less like a blip than a long-term condition.

The proportion of Californians who had moved here from out of state reached a 100-year low of about 20% in 2010, and the decade measured by the most recent census was the first in a century in which the majority of Californians were native-born.

The demographics of California today more closely resemble those of 1900 than of 1950: It is a mostly home-grown population, whose future depends on the children of immigrants and their children, said William Frey, a demographer and senior fellow at the Brookings Institution.

"We used to say California, here we come," said Frey. "That now has flipped."

I put down Vandenberg Air Force Base in California as a Base of Preference when I was in the Military and it was the biggest mistake of my life, the base was in the middle of nowhere 15 minutes drive to the nearest town Lompoc, an isolated small town with nothing to offer, it was the most miserable 3 years of my life, I couldn't wait until my date of separation so I could get out of there. California isn't so bad if you live in a big city like San Diego or Oakland but even than it is soooo expensive, the illegals live about 10 people to a 2 bedroom to keep up.

California is fucked.

I lived in California for 3 years when I was in the Military, I don't see how regular people afford to live there, the cost of living is through the roof and there are very little jobs available and the jobs they do have don't pay much more than they would anywhere else in the country, my girlfriend is from Santa Barbara and her and her family had to move out of there when SB became a tourist destination and basically tripled the rent overnight back in the late 90's, California belongs to the rich and the illegals not normal people.

I agree I don't know how people can afford it. It's the same with downtown Chicago. Taxes through the roof, property has come down, but still very high (especially with all the vacancies), if you have children you need to put them in private school (more expensive than rent or the mortgage), gas is $4.65 TODAY (Highest next to SF and HI), but food, water, UTILITIES, garbage, Associations, Fees, PARKING are insanely high. Honestly, you need a combined income around $120K to be the middle class.

Da Goose has it right when he calls people living so close to the city suckers. You can get a much larger house, with everything costing less the further away from Chictown you go. My buddy moved out to Rockford fromt he city, best decision he could have made.

Rising population and collapsing economy.... do the math.

And the issue is? LOL

I agree I don't know how people can afford it. It's the same with downtown Chicago. Taxes through the roof, property has come down, but still very high (especially with all the vacancies), if you have children you need to put them in private school (more expensive than rent or the mortgage), gas is $4.65 TODAY (Highest next to SF and HI), but food, water, UTILITIES, garbage, Associations, Fees, PARKING are insanely high. Honestly, you need a combined income around $120K to be the middle class.

Da Goose has it right when he calls people living so close to the city suckers. You can get a much larger house, with everything costing less the further away from Chictown you go. My buddy moved out to Rockford fromt he city, best decision he could have made.

Why is the cost of living in Chicago so high? Hawaii and San Francisco are popular tourist spots so those places are usually pretty pricey.

Forum List

Back