Businessmen As US Presidents Just. Doesn't. Work.

Jimmy Carter was a businessman.

Horrible President.

Really? Your response is MORE lies?

Get a clue batch...

List of Presidents of the United States by occupation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look for the keywords "investor" and "businessman"

Then get a clue on the DISMAL history of self-proclaimed and actual businessman in Office...

The Myth of the Businessman-President - NYTimes.com

Carter was a peanut farmer. Farmers are businessmen.

Carter was a businessman.

Horrible President.

Ahhhh...for your shat to stick...you have to smear down Carter as a businessman although he's a farmer.

So all farmers are businessmen now?

I get it.

:rolleyes:

Horrible President.

Get a clue batch...

List of Presidents of the United States by occupation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then get a clue on the DISMAL history of self-proclaimed and actual businessman in Office...

Jimmy Carter

Sailor (Navy Lieutenant),[1] peanut farmer,[2] writer

Moron alert.

The term businessman is to broad.

Just like Obama is a "Constitutional Lawyer" :lol: :lol: :lol: (in what universe), an example of a term misued.

Romney is a leader who knows how to pull a team together and get the job done.

The NYT just torpedoed Obama by calling him, in so many words, an arrogant, self abosorbed moron.
You shove their face in the FACTS and watch them ATTEMPT to walk-back their own meme about Businessmen being the best thing for a President. All of a sudden the term is too broad, simultaneously having the need to include everything from farmers to be seen as businessmen.

LoLing @ the crazy RW Republicans. :lol:

Community Organizers don't work either.
You know what's the funniest part of this....?

The fact that you people caved so IMMEDIATELY on the fact that the meme "businessmen make better Presidents" by saying "either."

BTW...I don't believe that community organizers make bad Presidents. On the contrary, they make the BEST Presidents. But it's crystal clear that you agree that businessmen make terrible Presidends.

:lol:
lol

Community Organizers don't work either.
You know what's the funniest part of this....?

The fact that you people caved so IMMEDIATELY on the fact that the meme "businessmen make better Presidents" by saying "either."

BTW...I don't believe that community organizers make bad Presidents. On the contrary, they make the BEST Presidents. But it's crystal clear that you agree that businessmen make terrible Presidends.

lol

name another or do u just mean obama. solider

Community Organizers ROCK as Presidents!

Period. End of story.

The last and only two Presidents we've had that were actual and self-proclaimed businessmen were Herbert Hoover and George Walker Bush. And how did they turn out?

Both their Presidency's were COLOSSAL FAILURES.

We have to face it, the modern-day Republican meme that says that "we need a businessman to run the country" just. doesn't. work. Running a country is NOTHING like running a business.

When will the hard RWers get this through their thick skulls? I don't know.

*shrug*
Business man?.....Politician?......Lawyer?.....if they cant lead they aint worth a shit......this Country is fragmenting ...its getting worse every week.......we need a leader and we need one now........we haven't had one since the 90's......Obama ...Romney.....in over their heads....bottom of the barrel stuff.....

The last and only two Presidents we've had that were actual and self-proclaimed businessmen were Herbert Hoover and George Walker Bush. And how did they turn out?

We have to face it, the modern-day Republican meme that says that "we need a businessman to run the country" just. doesn't. work. Running a country is NOTHING like running a business.

*shrug*

You left out Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Harding, Polk, Lincoln, Truman, Carter, Johnson, and Dubya. Is there a reason for that, or are you just completely ignorant about history? Personally, I am betting on ignorance, but I am willing to admit you might actually have an agenda.

if they were democrats we'd be reading

"businessmen as presidents work"

Horrible President.

Get a clue batch...

You don't think farming is a business? You better tell the IRS they have been getting that wrong for years.

*shrug*

You left out Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Harding, Polk, Lincoln, Truman, Carter, Johnson, and Dubya. Is there a reason for that, or are you just completely ignorant about history? Personally, I am betting on ignorance, but I am willing to admit you might actually have an agenda.

They don't fit his Narrative.

*shrug*

They don't fit his Narrative.

He read the NYT article, and thought the reporter knew what he was talking about. Even then, he got it wrong. Like most progressives, he doesn't know history.

Horrible President.

Get a clue batch...

So how do Community Organizers stand up next to business men?
Define community organizer.

*shrug*

Running a country is unlike any other enterprise, except possibly for running a state. Did that simple fact escape your logic train? Romney has run a state, Obama has not. In fact, Obama has never run anything in his life. He is an empty chair with a good gift of gab. The attribute that all con men study.

The skill set necessary for a successful president is the same as for a successful businessman. Find the right people for the job, provide them adequate guidance, and hold them accountable for their results. In business, the CEO needs to build bridges to get cooperation from suppliers and customers. The president needs to build bridges to get cooperation from both parties in congress.

You don't get that cooperation when you tell the other party to get to the back of the bus.

i see more conservatism with liberals than i do liberalism with conservatives. open ur eyes and really see the middle and poor class.
That much is true, liberals, certainly Obama, today are far more conservative than actual self-proclaimed, modern-day Conservatives.

These self-proclaimers are simply hardcore, rightwing reactionaries. Nothing more, nothing less.
Warrior102 said:
Hi, you have received -1079 reputation points from Warrior102.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
wow / what an inbred Obama ass-lover. How\'s it taste down there?

Regards,
Warrior102

Note: This is an automated message.
lol
Warbler is obsessed with man on man sex.

*shrug*

Ehem, what did Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Harding, Polk, Lincoln, Truman, Carter, Johnson, and Dubya proclaim themselves as?

*shrug*

Ehem, what did Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Harding, Polk, Lincoln, Truman, Carter, Johnson, and Dubya proclaim themselves as?

Do you really want to try and argue that they weren't businessmen simply because you are too stupid to understand that, by proclaiming themselves to be whatever they were, they also proclaimed that they were businessmen? Do you understand that owning or running a business means you proclaim yourself a businessman?

Do you really want to try and argue that they weren't businessmen simply because you are too stupid to understand that, by proclaiming themselves to be whatever they were, they also proclaimed that they were businessmen? Do you understand that owning or running a business means you proclaim yourself a businessman?

Why would I want to argue what a businessman is? It's not up to you or me to make the call, read the OP. The OP asks which Presidents were "self proclaimed" businessmen -- your definition, or mine, of a businessman is meaningless. The Presidents have the final word, whatever they "self proclaimed" is...

Get a clue batch...

Carter was a peanut farmer. Farmers are businessmen.

Carter was a businessman.

Horrible President.

Ahhhh...for your shat to stick...you have to smear down Carter as a businessman although he's a farmer.

So all farmers are businessmen now?

I get it.

:rolleyes:
Yes..Farming is a business.
Buy seed..Plant crop. Grow crop. Harvest crop. Sell crop...
Farms are food "factories"..Is it your contention that factories are not businesses?

*shrug*

Are there penalty points for ignorant?

George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were both businessmen, for example.

Total Thread Failure

Forum List

Back