Businessmen As US Presidents Just. Doesn't. Work.

The last and only two Presidents we've had that were actual and self-proclaimed businessmen were Herbert Hoover and George Walker Bush. And how did they turn out?

Both their Presidency's were COLOSSAL FAILURES.

We have to face it, the modern-day Republican meme that says that "we need a businessman to run the country" just. doesn't. work. Running a country is NOTHING like running a business.

When will the hard RWers get this through their thick skulls? I don't know.

*shrug*

Are there penalty points for ignorant?

George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were both businessmen, for example.

Total Thread Failure
These people on the left bitch and moan about politicians. When a non politician ( businessman first) runs for office, they run to the hills looking to vote for.....A politician.
That's retarded.

Running a country is unlike any other enterprise, except possibly for running a state. Did that simple fact escape your logic train? Romney has run a state, Obama has not. In fact, Obama has never run anything in his life. He is an empty chair with a good gift of gab. The attribute that all con men study.

The skill set necessary for a successful president is the same as for a successful businessman. Find the right people for the job, provide them adequate guidance, and hold them accountable for their results. In business, the CEO needs to build bridges to get cooperation from suppliers and customers. The president needs to build bridges to get cooperation from both parties in congress.

You don't get that cooperation when you tell the other party to get to the back of the bus.
Here's where your response fails and devolves into total and complete lies...

Romney ISN'T nor HAS he been running and campaigning as a Statesman. In fact, he's quite SILENT on his time and tenure running the great state of Massechusettes. I suspect because he knows his tenure there wasn't so hot, and that his biggest accomplishment while in Office was healthcare, the same healthcare that Obama based his ACA on and the same healthcare that Mittens is now TRYING to attack and bash Obama for.

You can't have it both ways Republican. Cut it out!

Why would I want to argue what a businessman is? It's not up to you or me to make the call, read the OP. The OP asks which Presidents were "self proclaimed" businessmen -- your definition, or mine, of a businessman is meaningless. The Presidents have the final word, whatever they "self proclaimed" is...
Thank you!!

It's crystal clear to see that these modern-day and self-proclaimed Conservatives are picking and choosing what they hear, see and believe, and thus respond to. Business as usual in today's GOP.

*SMH*

Running a country is unlike any other enterprise, except possibly for running a state. Did that simple fact escape your logic train? Romney has run a state, Obama has not. In fact, Obama has never run anything in his life. He is an empty chair with a good gift of gab. The attribute that all con men study.

The skill set necessary for a successful president is the same as for a successful businessman. Find the right people for the job, provide them adequate guidance, and hold them accountable for their results. In business, the CEO needs to build bridges to get cooperation from suppliers and customers. The president needs to build bridges to get cooperation from both parties in congress.

You don't get that cooperation when you tell the other party to get to the back of the bus.

Romney ISN'T nor HAS he been running and campaigning as a Statesman. In fact, he's quite SILENT on his time and tenure running the great state of Massechusettes. I suspect because he knows his tenure there wasn't so hot, and that his biggest accomplishment while in Office was healthcare, the same healthcare that Obama based his ACA on and the same healthcare that Mittens is now TRYING to attack and bash Obama for.

Why would I want to argue what a businessman is? It's not up to you or me to make the call, read the OP. The OP asks which Presidents were "self proclaimed" businessmen -- your definition, or mine, of a businessman is meaningless. The Presidents have the final word, whatever they "self proclaimed" is...
Thank you!!

It's crystal clear to see that these modern-day and self-proclaimed Conservatives are picking and choosing what they hear, see and believe, and thus respond to. Business as usual in today's GOP.

*SMH*

To funny, not only do self described members of the modern Republican party have reading comprehension problems illustrated by overlooking "self proclaimed" in the OP but they make ridiculous broad brushed claims, illustrated by defining 'businessman' so broadly that even someone who might sell an old 8-track tape on Craig's list qualifies as a businessman/businesswoman. SMH at Republicans -pewsh!-

Stop crying because your Republican and self-proclaimed conservative policies DO. NOT. WORK.

MAN UP!!!

i see more conservatism with liberals than i do liberalism with conservatives. open ur eyes and really see the middle and poor class.
That much is true, liberals, certainly Obama, today are far more conservative than actual self-proclaimed, modern-day Conservatives.

These self-proclaimers are simply hardcore, rightwing reactionaries. Nothing more, nothing less.

yeah, that's why 58% of the people don't believe he should be re-elected, he's too conservative:eusa_shifty:

You wake up every morning trying to be dumber than the previous day.

Drink Liquid Drano to quit your habit of stupidity.

The last and only two Presidents we've had that were actual and self-proclaimed businessmen were Herbert Hoover and George Walker Bush. And how did they turn out?

Both their Presidency's were COLOSSAL FAILURES.

We have to face it, the modern-day Republican meme that says that "we need a businessman to run the country" just. doesn't. work. Running a country is NOTHING like running a business.

When will the hard RWers get this through their thick skulls? I don't know.

*shrug*

Out of the last three Democratic Presidents we have had one Jimmy Carter was a peanut framer his tenure a epic fail the next was Bill Clinton who was on course for a epic fail until he wised up after his midterm thumping and moved to the center and even adopted some Republican ideas the era of big government is over sounds Republican came from Clinton's 1996 State of the Union speech then we get to the community organizer who wants to return to the era of big Government and even after his midterm thumping has doubled down on that goal. Given this I'm willing to risk the businessman as President George Bush may not have known how to use a checkbook but President Obama acts like he doesn't know what one is.

Out of the last three Democratic Presidents we have had one Jimmy Carter was a peanut framer his tenure a epic fail the next was Bill Clinton who was on course for a epic fail until he wised up after his midterm thumping and moved to the center and even adopted some Republican ideas the era of big government is over sounds Republican came from Clinton's 1996 State of the Union speech then we get to the community organizer who wants to return to the era of big Government and even after his midterm thumping has doubled down on that goal. Given this I'm willing to risk the businessman as President George Bush may not have known how to use a checkbook but President Obama acts like he doesn't know what one is.
This entire paragraph can be summed up in three words...

Lies and excuses.

Lies and excuses.

Whereas you are just an idiot?

Lies and excuses.
And your response can be summed up in two words.
Can't refute.

Ehem, what did Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Harding, Polk, Lincoln, Truman, Carter, Johnson, and Dubya proclaim themselves as?

Do you really want to try and argue that they weren't businessmen simply because you are too stupid to understand that, by proclaiming themselves to be whatever they were, they also proclaimed that they were businessmen? Do you understand that owning or running a business means you proclaim yourself a businessman?

Read the title of the fracking thread which clams that business men do not make good presidents. If The idiot that started the thread can't defend his own words why do you?

Thank you!!

*SMH*

Your thread title.

usinessmen As US Presidents Just. Doesn't. Work.

Why is it that people calling out your stupid words picking and choosing what I see and hear? Perhaps you should stop picking and choosing from what you say.

I know one thing - a radical Marxist for a President DEFINITELY DOES NOT WORK!!!

We've never seen epic failure like this in the White House - not even from Jimmy Carter.

I know one thing - a radical Marxist for a President DEFINITELY DOES NOT WORK!!!

We've never seen epic failure like this in the White House - not even from Jimmy Carter.

I see. Losing 750,000 jobs a month, such as the GOP was doing in Jan2009 is so much better than the slow recovery that we are making at present.

You want to look at a failure, look no further than the years 2001 to 2009.

I will take either one of those businessmen over the community disorganizer we currently have.

Immie

Forum List

Back