Bush's Speech

Hit the nail on the head.

We have seen our discourse degraded by casual cruelty. At times, it can seem like the forces pulling us apart are stronger than the forces binding us together. Argument turns too easily into animosity. Disagreement escalates into dehumanization. Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions – forgetting the image of God we should see in each other.

"We've seen nationalism distorted into nativism – forgotten the dynamism that immigration has always brought to America. We see a fading confidence in the value of free markets and international trade – forgetting that conflict, instability, and poverty follow in the wake of protectionism.

"We have seen the return of isolationist sentiments – forgetting that American security is directly threatened by the chaos and despair of distant places, where threats such as terrorism, infectious disease, criminal gangs and drug trafficking tend to emerge.

"In all these ways, we need to recall and recover our own identity. Americans have a great advantage: To renew our country, we only need to remember our values.

George W. Bush Slams 'Bigotry,' Politics Of Populism That Led To Trump, Sanders
/—-/ Liberals will never give up their agenda of hatred and division. Never.
Bush is not a liberal. Holy God, he's not.

He hit the nail on the head if you are into the UN and a takeover of the Constitution. He did a good job of it, using the 911 crisis to remove our rights. He is a chip off the old block:

Get over the Repub/Demo divide. There is none. It is us against them. Period.

We have seen our discourse degraded by casual cruelty. At times, it can seem like the forces pulling us apart are stronger than the forces binding us together. Argument turns too easily into animosity. Disagreement escalates into dehumanization. Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions – forgetting the image of God we should see in each other.

"We've seen nationalism distorted into nativism – forgotten the dynamism that immigration has always brought to America. We see a fading confidence in the value of free markets and international trade – forgetting that conflict, instability, and poverty follow in the wake of protectionism.

"We have seen the return of isolationist sentiments – forgetting that American security is directly threatened by the chaos and despair of distant places, where threats such as terrorism, infectious disease, criminal gangs and drug trafficking tend to emerge.

"In all these ways, we need to recall and recover our own identity. Americans have a great advantage: To renew our country, we only need to remember our values.

How is this divisive? Seens rather the opposite to me.

W. was all for open borders and NAFTA. Clinton was more anti-illegal than W. was.

Both were not really good for everybody.

Remember when gas was $4.26/gallon? That was W.

Price of diesel shoots through the roof? Also W.

Invading Iraq? W.

Housing bubble that burst? W.

I'm not a fan, sorry. He can tell it to the hand. :eusa_hand:
Im not a Bush fan, not of his policies but I will give credit where it is due. He is a fundamentally decent person who believes in public service and the institutions that support democracies. He also handled 911 really well and he took the Presidency seriously, and treated both colleagues and critics with respect.
i can agree with a lot of that but people are taking a 2016 speech - even if recycled - and applying it where they like. from what i understand, bush tee'd off on both sides of the aisle for acting like kids but as usual, the left doesn't pay attention to their responsibility in this, just yells at the other side who doesn't do a very good job of it either.

Bush is not a liberal. Holy God, he's not.

He is as anti-America and pro NWO as the come. Asking Bushy daddy..

W. was all for open borders and NAFTA. Clinton was more anti-illegal than W. was.

Invading Iraq? W.

Im not a Bush fan, not of his policies but I will give credit where it is due. He is a fundamentally decent person who believes in public service and the institutions that support democracies. He also handled 911 really well and he took the Presidency seriously, and treated both colleagues and critics with respect.
\

Oh! Here comes reality knocking. He was warned about potential threats and did nothing. No, he did not handle 9/11 well. He was warned about potential threats and ignored them, and that's how it happened. He was in some elementary school classroom at the time.

What did he do?

Expand government 3x? Oh that's a brilliant plan! Not!

Set up the TSA where they grope people and rip 80 year old ladies' 30-year dressing cases silk linings out for why not?

With crap like that going on, the terrorists won. :blowup:

Look, if the government agencies that were at the time didn't stop it, more government damn sure isn't.
/—-/ all lies and distortions

Invading Iraq? W.

i can agree with a lot of that but people are taking a 2016 speech - even if recycled - and applying it where they like. from what i understand, bush tee'd off on both sides of the aisle for acting like kids but as usual, the left doesn't pay attention to their responsibility in this, just yells at the other side who doesn't do a very good job of it either.

Yes he teed off on both sides and it was noted in the article I linked to. It is not a partisan speech, it is a wake up America speech. Trump is the symptom not the cause.

Invading Iraq? W.

Annnnd that has nothing to do with what he just said but as always people like you seek reasons to stay in your bubble and most times those reasons have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Its like saying he's left handed and you cant trust the left handed people

It has everything in the world to do if I give a fuck what he says, and I don't. Do I think he was a good president? Hell no, I don't. His word=Jack shit to me.

How 'bout da?

Calm down sweetheart. The issue never is and never will be if you CARE. The issue is that what you said has nothing to do with what he said. Him being a good President has dick to do with what he said.

But people like you will use any handy dandy excuse to stay in your bubble. So, yeah....who can trust left handed people anyways?

Invading Iraq? W.

Annnnd that has nothing to do with what he just said but as always people like you seek reasons to stay in your bubble and most times those reasons have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Its like saying he's left handed and you cant trust the left handed people

It has everything in the world to do if I give a fuck what he says, and I don't. Do I think he was a good president? Hell no, I don't. His word=Jack shit to me.

How 'bout da?

Calm down sweetheart. The issue never is and never will be if you CARE. The issue is that what you said has nothing to do with what he said. Him being a good President has dick to do with what he said.

But people like you will use any handy dandy excuse to stay in your bubble. So, yeah....who can trust left handed people anyways?

Him being a good president (which he was terrible) has everything to do with if someone should listen to him.

:eusa_snooty:

Invading Iraq? W.

Yes he teed off on both sides and it was noted in the article I linked to. It is not a partisan speech, it is a wake up America speech. Trump is the symptom not the cause.

Trump is the solution, you will come to realize this in time.

That's a one-two punch. Obama did the same yesterday. Coming from Bush, that's really gotta hurt.
Barack Obama just destoryed Trump and everything he stands for without even mentioning his name

LOL. You shouldn't speak from your heart based on prejudices. It just makes you say stupid things lady.
Whatever. A former Republican President talking about the unraveling of our values? Trump's gonna be bummed. Twitter storm approaching.
...and yet millions of Americans think the two parties are diametrically opposed....what total BS.
images

Invading Iraq? W.

I'll agree that Trump is the symptom, but his being there is the result of all of these things bush is talking about being perceived as the cause of people's woes that propelled populism to the forefront.

telling people to run around the same old track that they feel got them into this mess isn't going to work out all that well.

these guys need a new message if they don't like Trump or what brought him to office. This message, and the massive disconnect between these guys and the people effected by these policies, is what gave us Trump in the first place, IMO...

That's a one-two punch. Obama did the same yesterday. Coming from Bush, that's really gotta hurt.
Barack Obama just destoryed Trump and everything he stands for without even mentioning his name

what was beautiful, was watching the two speeches intertwined.

because every other president who has ever had the office...whether you liked their politics or not... understood its seriousness and what it represents...

and then there was the orange sociopath
To think BO and W, two of the most heinous criminals of the century are admired, shows ignorance is prevalent.

....but I will always LOVE Silly Jilly.

Invading Iraq? W.

I'll agree that Trump is the symptom, but his being there is the result of all of these things bush is talking about being perceived as the cause of people's woes that propelled populism to the forefront.

telling people to run around the same old track that they feel got them into this mess isn't going to work out all that well.

these guys need a new message if they don't like Trump or what brought him to office. This message, and the massive disconnect between these guys and the people effected by these policies, is what gave us Trump in the first place, IMO...
The ruling class has lost their minds...and of course they are disgusting criminals. This is why Trump won and why the ruling class is at war with the people and pushing back. Sadly...run of the mill leftists and other fools will side with the criminal ruling class every time.

Invading Iraq? W.

trump would be a symptom
the antifa would be a symptom

hell, when you get right down to it, we're *all* a symptom of this and the biggest reason to me falls to the fact we can't agree even to disagree. someone must win and someone must lose and if we don't agree, the other side is killing the country.

somewhere along the line being right became more important than working together and admitting you are wrong about something became a sign of weakness.

we're *all* to blame for that and we see it in here every day.

Forum List

Back