Bush's Initial Reaction To The News on 9/11 Was Perfect

It was perfect. Rather than create a panic by running out the door. He finished what he was doing and awaited more information.

It's what most real leaders do.

Bush was frozen while America was under attack and Americans were dying. It was a total failure of what a leader must do.

During that 15 minutes, NO ONE knew the scope of the attack. It was very possible Bush AND that school were also targets. Bush endangered those school children and FAILED this nation.

bushf11_2.jpg

You are a partisan HACK with zero objectivity and totally out of line.

Out of line? The Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces on the United States of America was told "America is under attack"...and he just sat there. He didn't know who (or which country) was attacking, whether there would be more attacks, what military plans had been taken, what military actions should be taken—indeed, he knew virtually nothing about what was going on outside the room. He didn't know if HE was a target, AND He just sat there...

It was the biggest failure of leadership in history...

Bush was frozen while America was under attack and Americans were dying. It was a total failure of what a leader must do.

During that 15 minutes, NO ONE knew the scope of the attack. It was very possible Bush AND that school were also targets. Bush endangered those school children and FAILED this nation.

bushf11_2.jpg

Out of line? The Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces on the United States of America was told "America is under attack"...and he just sat there. He didn't know who (or which country) was attacking, whether there would be more attacks, what military plans had been taken, what military actions should be taken—indeed, he knew virtually nothing about what was going on outside the room. He didn't know if HE was a target, AND He just sat there...

You JACKASS. He completed what he was doing as not to panic people and didn't kneejerk as you would have liked him to do.

You are just a sad and pathetic piece of protoplasm.

You JACKASS. He completed what he was doing as not to panic people and didn't kneejerk as you would have liked him to do.

Sitting there clueless and comatose is the only option other than panic and kneejerk?

Maybe Bush could have acted like an adult and told the teacher there was an emergency and he had to leave, then let her tell the children. OR, he could have said to the whole classroom that he had important 'president' business and excused himself from the room.

Your typical right wing pea brain polarized option is childish.

what a dipshit

YES, Bush is a dip shit.

Hey asshole, if a commercial airliner with American citizens on board was needed to be shot down during Bush's total failure of leadership, WHO would have given that order? Bush was too busy learning about pet goats.

I'd love to hear what you would have done to not create panic...christ, what a moron

Either tell the teacher there was an emergency and he I had to leave, then let her tell the children. OR, get up and tell the whole classroom that I had important 'president' business and excused myself from the room.

It is the kind of things competent adults do, something that would be totally foreign to pea brains like you.

Sitting there clueless and comatose is the only option other than panic and kneejerk?

Maybe Bush could have acted like an adult and told the teacher there was an emergency and he had to leave, then let her tell the children. OR, he could have said to the whole classroom that he had important 'president' business and excused himself from the room.

Your typical right wing pea brain polarized option is childish.
''The man acted ADULT. Perhaps he could give you lessons? :eusa_hand::eusa_think:

You speak of being adult? YOU have a long way to go.

YES, Bush is a dip shit.

Hey asshole, if a commercial airliner with American citizens on board was needed to be shot down during Bush's total failure of leadership, WHO would have given that order? Bush was too busy learning about pet goats.

I'd love to hear what you would have done to not create panic...christ, what a moron

Either tell the teacher there was an emergency and he I had to leave, then let her tell the children. OR, get up and tell the whole classroom that I had important 'president' business and excused myself from the room.

It is the kind of things competent adults do, something that would be totally foreign to pea brains like you.

So YOU propose to tell a grown man...the leader of the free Western Culture HOW to act?

Dude? YOU while removing that splinter from his eye refuse to remove the very PLANK in front of yours.

Oh darn it to heck...I'm a pea brain too....

I'm so glad that BFGRN knows me so well. I love the "scolding of adults" we have just been given by a name calling know-it-all.

I'm just gonna sit here and wonder why it is that BFGRN hasn't run for POTUS. Sounds like he/she/it has all the answers and knows exactly how to handle the most heinous terrorist attack on American soil in history. By God, I want some answers!!! WHY THE HELL DIDN'T BFGRN CALL THE WHITEHOUSE AND TELL THEM HOW TO HANDLE THIS!?!?!?!

So what do you recommend he should have done?

Fly up off the chair in front of the kids and storm off?

Tell the kids..."Sorry, the country's being bombed and I have to attend to it?"

Put a more worried expression on his face?

What would have been your response?

Are there any choices other than sitting there clueless or causing a scene by storming off? Let's try to think like an adult here Marc. He could have calmly told the teacher there was an emergency and he had to leave, then let her tell the children. OR, he could have said to the whole classroom that he had important 'president' business and excused himself from the room.

Instead, what did the Commander in Chief do with the knowledge that the United States was under attack?

He did nothing.

Bush did not say one word. He did not ask Card any questions. He did not give any orders. He did not know who (or which country) was attacking, whether there would be more attacks, what military plans had been taken, what military actions should be taken—indeed, he knew virtually nothing about what was going on outside the room. He just sat there. Bush later recalled: “There was no time for discussion or anything.” [Fighting Back: The War on Terrorism—From Inside the Bush White House, by Bill Sammon, 10/02, pp. 83-84] Even stranger, as one newspaper put it, although the nation was under terrorist attack, “for some reason, Secret Service agents [did] not bustle him away.” [Globe and Mail, 9/12/01]

Military pilots must have “permission from the White House because only the president has the authority to order a civilian aircraft shot down.” [CNN, 10/26/99] But if retaliatory strikes needed to the authorized, Bush was not available. If one of the planes had to be shot down to save more lives on the ground, Bush was not available. Although several fighters had been dispatched to defend New York City, the pilot of one of the planes flying to catch Flight 175 later noted that it wouldn’t have mattered if he caught up with it, because only Bush could order a shootdown, and Bush could not be reached in the classroom. [Cape Cod Times, 8/21/02]

Hijackers could have crashed a plane into Bush’s publicized location and his security would have been completely helpless to stop it. Remember, Bush’s schedule had been announced on September 7 and two of the 9/11 hijackers came to Sarasota that same day. [White House, 9/7/01, Longboat Observer, 11/21/01, Washington Post, 1/27/02] Furthermore, the Secret Service was aware of the strange request for an interview a few hours earlier and the previous night’s report of a person in town who had made violent threats against Bush.

Indeed, a few days after 9/11, Sarasota’s main newspaper reported, “Sarasota barely skirted its own disaster. As it turns out, terrorists targeted the president and Air Force One on Tuesday, maybe even while they were on the ground in Sarasota and certainly not long after. The Secret Service learned of the threat just minutes after Bush left Booker Elementary.” [Sarasota Herald-Tribune, 9/16/01]

An Interesting Day: President Bush's Movements and Actions on 9/11

So what? Bush was dead on accurate in his response, sir. YOU are outta line as the Partisan HACK that you are.

T bro............the only thing to do with mental cases like BFgrn is mock him. On the political spectrum, his views are shared with a sliver of the population.....the few thousand per night that tune into that Olbermann show. Think of it this way............tune in that Olbermann show any night this coming week around 8:50EST and watch his monologue. What do you see? Somebody who is miserable and bitchin' angry:lol::lol: And the reason is, these people cant comprehend whatsoever that there is a view that differs from theirs........and the anger comes from knowing their views will never be accepted by society at large........not even close. You'd be miserable and angry too bro............

Go check out Rasmussen.com and see the poll which asks, "Is the US heading in the right direction?". Over 70% say no.........but asshats like BFgone and Olbermann see an government controlled by liberal Dems and they are in the vast minority who think its hunky dorey...........and then you realize the asshats are like 10% of the 30% = those who think our country would be best off with state control of everything in our lives. So..........their fcukking k00ks who will stand on the sidelines of life being the fcukking oddballs!!! What can you do???? There are the lepor-like in every society...............

Think of it this way T.................you line up 100 people in a line and one or two are going to look like this..........................

prod_227_5922.jpg

THATS always the way I think when I watch a monologue from Olbermann or a post from BFGrone!!!! It is what it is..............thats why I have such a hysterical time on this forum publically humiliating them with shit that highlights the absurdity of their shit.............

Last edited:

So YOU propose to tell a grown man...the leader of the free Western Culture HOW to act?

Dude? YOU while removing that splinter from his eye refuse to remove the very PLANK in front of yours.

YES Dude...Bush FAILED miserably. Andrew Card whispered in Bush's ear that 'America is under attack' The teacher and the classroom of 2nd graders did not hear it and they were not privy to that information, so there is no credible reason Bush couldn't have excused himself without causing alarm, panic or suspicion. OR you know, he could have just LIED, something he was good at; he could have said he had to take an important phone call in the hallway and not returned.

What I find fascinating is all you right wing pea brains constantly disavow Bush as a RINO and that none of you thought he was a good president...UNTIL someone calls him out, THEN you defend this poor excuse for a leader with every cell in your pathetic little bodies.

Last edited:
YES, Bush is a dip shit.

tell the children what exactly? They are SECOND GRADERS!!!!! Sorry...you're just not on the right side of the ball here.

Do you really think they were planning to dive a plane into an elementary school? There were reasons why the WTC, Pentagon and Whitehouse were targeted. That school didn't meet their criteria. If they were gonna take out GWB and AF1 they would have had to have targeted the airfield. But it wouldn't have happened. They would have been taken out. As for the president giving the order to shoot down a civilian aircraft, that could have been accomplished at any moment. All he has to do is give a nod. Contact with the president was maintained at all times. Just because he was conducting himself in a controlled manner in a class room full of kids doesn't mean he can't take a phone call. God forbid we should have to deal with an attack like this while Obama was on the golf course...how would he have handled it...FROM A PHONE!!! Of course he would have duffed his 7th shot on the 9th hole first...but still, he would have had the same options as Bush did. All he had to do was listen to the situation and say the word "YES" and the order would be given.

YES Dude...Bush FAILED miserably. Andrew Card whispered in Bush's ear that 'America is under attack' The teacher and the classroom of 5th graders did not hear it and they were not privy to that information, so there is no credible reason Bush couldn't have excused himself without causing alarm, panic or suspicion. OR you know, he could have just LIED, something he was good at; he could have said he had to take an important phone call in the hallway and not returned.

What I find fascinating is all you right wing pea brains constantly disavow Bush as a RINO and that none of you thought he was a good president...UNTIL someone calls him out, THEN you defend this poor excuse for a leader with every cell in your pathetic little bodies.
there is a difference, moron, Bush made a lot of mistakes, his response on 9/11 wasnt one of them

T bro...........back about 20 yers ago, I hung with a bunch of people every weekend at the same ocean beach. And that was this one guy.............short guy, stood about 5' 5". Pissed people off almost every time he opened his mouth because he had to say stupid shit to get attention..........the oddball syndrome.............
I remember he'd come back from swimming and had sand all over his feet and would walk directly over the clean beach blanket and get verbally abused. Never stopped him from doing it though.............

Thats the way people like BFGone are........they take anti-social shit to every social forum they happen upon....prefer looking like an asshole than looking like nothing at all.

Funny thing that guy.............ost touch with him about 10 years ago ans saw he got married on Facebook. The woman is butt ugly and about 80 pounds overweight!!!

bushf11_2.jpg

It's obvious to me that your claim of "But if retaliatory strikes needed to the authorized, Bush was not available. If one of the planes had to be shot down to save more lives on the ground, Bush was not available," is false since he was right there. I don't see any reason for him to have acted any different but I suppose he would have if Card had also said, "we need some decisions, Gen. Shelton is on the phone."

It's reasonable for me to think that there already were contingency plans in place for something like this, such as a prescribed set of actions. Maybe Cheney had the control since the President was currently in a situation where he was personally being targeted.

tell the children what exactly? They are SECOND GRADERS!!!!! Sorry...you're just not on the right side of the ball here.

Do you really think they were planning to dive a plane into an elementary school? There were reasons why the WTC, Pentagon and Whitehouse were targeted. That school didn't meet their criteria. If they were gonna take out GWB and AF1 they would have had to have targeted the airfield. But it wouldn't have happened. They would have been taken out. As for the president giving the order to shoot down a civilian aircraft, that could have been accomplished at any moment. All he has to do is give a nod. Contact with the president was maintained at all times. Just because he was conducting himself in a controlled manner in a class room full of kids doesn't mean he can't take a phone call. God forbid we should have to deal with an attack like this while Obama was on the golf course...how would he have handled it...FROM A PHONE!!! Of course he would have duffed his 7th shot on the 9th hole first...but still, he would have had the same options as Bush did. All he had to do was listen to the situation and say the word "YES" and the order would be given.

WHERE do you come up with this fairy tale? A 'nod'? Watch the fucking video...Bush just sat there with a clueless glaze on his face for more than 5 minutes after being told "AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK"...He talked to NO ONE, he didn't 'nod' of even look at his staff...

He was frozen...his incompetence overwhelmed him.

I'm pretty sure any airspace around the President was being patrolled heavily. I didn't have a flight tracker on and I wasn't near Sarasota at the time so I don't know directly, but I remember seeing the civilian air traffic around Atlanta get diverted when Clinton flew in. I saw the fighter jets circling the entire area around Atlanta when he was on the ground. I think we can assume the same procedure was in place this time too. The safest place on the planet at that time was that classroom in my opinion.

WHERE do you come up with this fairy tale? A 'nod'? Watch the fucking video...Bush just sat there with a clueless glaze on his face for more than 5 minutes after being told "AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK"...He talked to NO ONE, he didn't 'nod' of even look at his staff...

What should he have done again? Nobody asked him for any authorization so there was nothing for him to do.

There is nothing he could have done that you would not have objected to. Nothing. Stop pretending otherwise.

He could cure cancer and irrational haters like you would complain that he didn't do anything about gum disease.

Forum List

Back