Bush's Initial Reaction To The News on 9/11 Was Perfect

Dat BOOOOOOOOOSH aint handle nothin right. He was too busy bein a RAAAAAAAACEEEEEST and da HEEEEEEEETLER. He also hated babies and little kittens. BOOOOOOOOOOOSH! YOO BASTID!! :)

Dat BOOOOOOOOOSH aint handle nothin right. He was too busy bein a RAAAAAAAACEEEEEST and da HEEEEEEEETLER. He also hated babies and little kittens. BOOOOOOOOOOOSH! YOO BASTID!! :)

Exhibit A.

49izadw.gif

So what do you recommend he should have done?

Fly up off the chair in front of the kids and storm off?

Tell the kids..."Sorry, the country's being bombed and I have to attend to it?"

Put a more worried expression on his face?

What would have been your response?
The primary purpose of the Office of President is to make critical decisions, such as how to respond to an apparent enemy attack on our homeland, which happens to be the most important decision a Commander In Chief can be called on to make. Bush's lapse into catatonic pause at a most critical moment showed him to be a brain-damaged incompetent who was absolutely incapable of performing the most important function of a President.

bushf11_2.jpg

The fact that you believe his only alternative to doing nothing was to "fly up off the chair in front of the kids and storm off" reveals your strong tendency for denial -- or something much worse. It doesn't require much skill at inductive reasoning to realize there was a behavioral option to panicked hysteria. For example, suppose Bush's breakfast had included stewed prunes and he was suddenly imposed on by an urge to shit in his pants. Do you think he should have -

a) Shit in his pants and kept reading.

b) Lept off the chair shouting "I have to shit!" and ran out of the room.

c) Calmly said; "Excuse me, children, I must attend to something and will be back shortly.

Presuming that a President of The United States should have enough reasoning skill to select the most prudent choice from the above, why do you suppose Mr. Bush chose to leave the most important function of his Office to others to perform?

In case you're having trouble with the answer it's really very simple. George W. Bush is a brain-damaged alcoholic and cocaine addict who was totally incompetent to serve the Office he was installed in by the right-wing shadow government. What you and others in this thread are desperately trying to do is deny the obvious.

You all know my position(s) on Georgie Boy, so you can take what I just stated more seriously.

I don't know if you guys have been or even knew about the specials that The History Channel has been playing all weekend, since about Thursday night concerning that day, but I taped them all and just one earlier and am watching another one that's 2 hours now entitlled "9/11 State of Emergency" it features Interviews with Condoleeza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, Richard Myers and Andrew Card discussing Sept. 11, 2001.

Well, about 15 mins ago I just saw some footage I haven't seen before of when and how GW got the news in the school and his guy giving him the news and him telling us exactly what he said and why he said it. He said "We're under attack", he then explained that he wanted to be as clear as possible, as concise as possible, didn't want Bush to have to ask any questions, as they were in front of kids and the press and didn't want to cause any necessary fear. They kept the camera running, so you saw the ENTIRE footage of how it went down.

I have to say...Bush handled it PERFECTLY. They even showed his face up close, you could see his facial concern, ever so slightly, but he was trying to keep his cool, for the kids...you could see all that from his expression. On top of that, shortly after reading and getting up, some AHOLES from the Press started asking him if he heard about the 2nd plane hitting the building in NYC, and Bush replied "We'll talk about that later." Again...perfectly.

I have to say.

That he handled well, dare I say perfectly. The RESPONSE to the attacks on that day, however...not so much.

:clap2:

The primary purpose of the Office of President is to make critical decisions, such as how to respond to an apparent enemy attack on our homeland, which happens to be the most important decision a Commander In Chief can be called on to make. Bush's lapse into catatonic pause at a most critical moment showed him to be a brain-damaged incompetent who was absolutely incapable of performing the most important function of a President.

The fact that you believe his only alternative to doing nothing was to "fly up off the chair in front of the kids and storm off" reveals your strong tendency for denial -- or something much worse. It doesn't require much skill at inductive reasoning to realize there was a behavioral option to panicked hysteria. For example, suppose Bush's breakfast had included stewed prunes and he was suddenly imposed on by an urge to shit in his pants. Do you think he should have -

a) Shit in his pants and kept reading.

b) Lept off the chair shouting "I have to shit!" and ran out of the room.

c) Calmly said; "Excuse me, children, I must attend to something and will be back shortly.

Presuming that a President of The United States should have enough reasoning skill to select the most prudent choice from the above, why do you suppose Mr. Bush chose to leave the most important function of his Office to others to perform?

In case you're having trouble with the answer it's really very simple. George W. Bush is a brain-damaged alcoholic and cocaine addict who was totally incompetent to serve the Office he was installed in by the right-wing shadow government. What you and others in this thread are desperately trying to do is deny the obvious.

This is the most incoherant buch of bable I have seen in a while.... great job of making a total jack ass outta yourself for all of us to see.

Oh, and thanks for the glempse inside the mind of a lieral retard.

It was fun to watch

you clown!

RWers...you guys really don't know how to defend any argument...good or bad, this is why your party is such a pile of cowdung.

The questions being asked by those on the Left who say Bush did the wrong things in his initial response are valid...why not TRY to answer t hem instead of getting PMS and emotional about the thing, pout and scream "I'm not gonna answer you stupid!" then yell expetives.

Here, I'll show you how its done.

LOL!!!

How serious are we supposed to take you? All you do is regurgitate left-wing nonsense that has been repeatedly proved to be false, which indicates you are probably mentally ill.

We give you all the consideration you are due there Beavis.

Heh. I forgot about this. His initial reaction was right on, where he didn't get an "oh I just shit my pants" look on his face after hearing the news; he had a stern, stoic expression. I can't imagine what was going through his gut and his head while absorbing those words.

People are different, though. If I were in that position, I think there'd be so many questions running through my head that I couldn't just stay seated there. I'd just get up, smile and wave at the class, then leave for AF1.

Who knows. Only one person will really know what it's like to be told "we're under attack" as President.

RWers...you guys really don't know how to defend any argument...good or bad, this is why your party is such a pile of cowdung.

The questions being asked by those on the Left who say Bush did the wrong things in his initial response are valid...why not TRY to answer t hem instead of getting PMS and emotional about the thing, pout and scream "I'm not gonna answer you stupid!" then yell expetives.

LOL!!!

How serious are we supposed to take you? All you do is regurgitate left-wing nonsense that has been repeatedly proved to be false, which indicates you are probably mentally ill.

in this case he wasnt doing anything of the sort
but others came in and shit all over what he had said

LOL!!!

I've read posts from this guy whereby he spews the theories Bush and Cheney were behind the attacks B.S. He's a fruitcake. Sorry, but he is.

LOL!!!

x2

I've read posts from this guy whereby he spews the theories Bush and Cheney were behind the attacks B.S. He's a fruitcake. Sorry, but he is.

But you have to give credit where credit is due... and this case.... if someone sees the light on a matter... you applaud it, and move on.

Thats all

this is worthy of a thread?

I have bashed Bush as much as anybody alive. Trust me on that.

But looking back on it Bush's response seems to have been absolutely on cue. Considering that his admin was likely complicit in allowing the attack to occur for political reasons.

Cannonfullofpuke,

If an arsehole like you would have acquainted himself of the facts regarding the procedures involved in ferreting out the facts of the situation you wouldn't make your serious character annihilating fucking comments with a qualification "likely" , you contemptible crunt.

Thanks, you bombastic trollop!

This is the most incoherant buch of bable I have seen in a while.... great job of making a total jack ass outta yourself for all of us to see.

It was fun to watch

you clown!
It's incoherent, not ant. And it's babble (two bs). And jackass is one word, not two.

Also, keepers at NYC's Bronx Zoo have installed plexiglas barriers beyond the bars of some cages in the primate exhibit because the monkeys there are known to defecate into their hands and throw it when something upsets them. The monkeys do this when they are frustrated because all that a monkey in a cage can do when he doesn't like something is throw shit.

Ignorance and stupidity are metaphorical cages. Personal insults and empty ad hominem comments are analogous to handfuls of shit to be tossed out in place of intelligent, reasoned, logical arguments.

It was fun to watch

you clown!
It's incoherent, not ant. And it's babble (two bs). And jackass is one word, not two.

Also, keepers at NYC's Bronx Zoo have installed plexiglas barriers beyond the bars of some cages in the primate exhibit because the monkeys there are known to defecate into their hands and throw it when something upsets them. The monkeys do this when they are frustrated because all that a monkey in a cage can do when he doesn't like something is throw shit.

Ignorance and stupidity are metaphorical cages. Personal insults and empty ad hominem comments are analogous to handfuls of shit to be tossed out in place of intelligent, reasoned, logical arguments.

Thats all you have is speeling arrears and monkeys throwing shit.

How about defending your statement with some real factseszz (oopsie speeling arror :razz: )

Oh... and yes, your still nuttin' but a clown

Thanks for proving me right.

Now go back and spellcheck everybody..... thats all your good at!

Oh wait.... no your not, b/c I mispelled liberal and bunch.

No, guess your good for nothing... so go play in traffic somewhere.

Last edited:
It was perfect. Rather than create a panic by running out the door. He finished what he was doing and awaited more information.

It's what most real leaders do.

Bush was frozen while America was under attack and Americans were dying. It was a total failure of what a leader must do.

During that 15 minutes, NO ONE knew the scope of the attack. It was very possible Bush AND that school were also targets. Bush endangered those school children and FAILED this nation.
If a plane were headed to the school, how would the hijackers have known if Bush had left or not?

Take your time. I can tell you haven't given this any thought.

You read this thread and is there any wonder why lefty idea's are going to get blown to shit at the polls in November???:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface: Because its all a bunch of phoney BS.........

Go over to DRUDGE any time in the past week and its hysterical.........these assholes are getting decimated YET STILL, the best shit they can come up with is talking about George Bush!!!

tokyo-4-festival-p-073_3.jpg

You all know my position(s) on Georgie Boy, so you can take what I just stated more seriously.

I don't know if you guys have been or even knew about the specials that The History Channel has been playing all weekend, since about Thursday night concerning that day, but I taped them all and just one earlier and am watching another one that's 2 hours now entitlled "9/11 State of Emergency" it features Interviews with Condoleeza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, Richard Myers and Andrew Card discussing Sept. 11, 2001.

Well, about 15 mins ago I just saw some footage I haven't seen before of when and how GW got the news in the school and his guy giving him the news and him telling us exactly what he said and why he said it. He said "We're under attack", he then explained that he wanted to be as clear as possible, as concise as possible, didn't want Bush to have to ask any questions, as they were in front of kids and the press and didn't want to cause any necessary fear. They kept the camera running, so you saw the ENTIRE footage of how it went down.

I have to say...Bush handled it PERFECTLY. They even showed his face up close, you could see his facial concern, ever so slightly, but he was trying to keep his cool, for the kids...you could see all that from his expression. On top of that, shortly after reading and getting up, some AHOLES from the Press started asking him if he heard about the 2nd plane hitting the building in NYC, and Bush replied "We'll talk about that later." Again...perfectly.

I have to say.

That he handled well, dare I say perfectly. The RESPONSE to the attacks on that day, however...not so much.

Marc? Today has been a Red-Letter day for me. I have some new found respect.

I concur with your synopsis. The response could have been handled better...but then the NORAD defenses were geared for External threats coming in off the oceans, and over other landmasses.

NEVER what had happened using Domestic flights. So a chink in our armour was found. Sad lesson learned.

I again concur with you.

It was perfect. Rather than create a panic by running out the door. He finished what he was doing and awaited more information.

Bush was frozen while America was under attack and Americans were dying. It was a total failure of what a leader must do.

During that 15 minutes, NO ONE knew the scope of the attack. It was very possible Bush AND that school were also targets. Bush endangered those school children and FAILED this nation.

bushf11_2.jpg

You are a partisan HACK with zero objectivity and totally out of line.

bushf11_2.jpg

Are there any choices other than sitting there clueless or causing a scene by storming off? Let's try to think like an adult here Marc. He could have calmly told the teacher there was an emergency and he had to leave, then let her tell the children. OR, he could have said to the whole classroom that he had important 'president' business and excused himself from the room.

Instead, what did the Commander in Chief do with the knowledge that the United States was under attack?

He did nothing.

Bush did not say one word. He did not ask Card any questions. He did not give any orders. He did not know who (or which country) was attacking, whether there would be more attacks, what military plans had been taken, what military actions should be taken—indeed, he knew virtually nothing about what was going on outside the room. He just sat there. Bush later recalled: “There was no time for discussion or anything.” [Fighting Back: The War on Terrorism—From Inside the Bush White House, by Bill Sammon, 10/02, pp. 83-84] Even stranger, as one newspaper put it, although the nation was under terrorist attack, “for some reason, Secret Service agents [did] not bustle him away.” [Globe and Mail, 9/12/01]

Military pilots must have “permission from the White House because only the president has the authority to order a civilian aircraft shot down.” [CNN, 10/26/99] But if retaliatory strikes needed to the authorized, Bush was not available. If one of the planes had to be shot down to save more lives on the ground, Bush was not available. Although several fighters had been dispatched to defend New York City, the pilot of one of the planes flying to catch Flight 175 later noted that it wouldn’t have mattered if he caught up with it, because only Bush could order a shootdown, and Bush could not be reached in the classroom. [Cape Cod Times, 8/21/02]

Hijackers could have crashed a plane into Bush’s publicized location and his security would have been completely helpless to stop it. Remember, Bush’s schedule had been announced on September 7 and two of the 9/11 hijackers came to Sarasota that same day. [White House, 9/7/01, Longboat Observer, 11/21/01, Washington Post, 1/27/02] Furthermore, the Secret Service was aware of the strange request for an interview a few hours earlier and the previous night’s report of a person in town who had made violent threats against Bush.

Indeed, a few days after 9/11, Sarasota’s main newspaper reported, “Sarasota barely skirted its own disaster. As it turns out, terrorists targeted the president and Air Force One on Tuesday, maybe even while they were on the ground in Sarasota and certainly not long after. The Secret Service learned of the threat just minutes after Bush left Booker Elementary.” [Sarasota Herald-Tribune, 9/16/01]

An Interesting Day: President Bush's Movements and Actions on 9/11

bushf11_2.jpg

Are there any choices other than sitting there clueless or causing a scene by storming off? Let's try to think like an adult here Marc. He could have calmly told the teacher there was an emergency and he had to leave, then let her tell the children. OR, he could have said to the whole classroom that he had important 'president' business and excused himself from the room.

Instead, what did the Commander in Chief do with the knowledge that the United States was under attack?

He did nothing.

Bush did not say one word. He did not ask Card any questions. He did not give any orders. He did not know who (or which country) was attacking, whether there would be more attacks, what military plans had been taken, what military actions should be taken—indeed, he knew virtually nothing about what was going on outside the room. He just sat there. Bush later recalled: “There was no time for discussion or anything.” [Fighting Back: The War on Terrorism—From Inside the Bush White House, by Bill Sammon, 10/02, pp. 83-84] Even stranger, as one newspaper put it, although the nation was under terrorist attack, “for some reason, Secret Service agents [did] not bustle him away.” [Globe and Mail, 9/12/01]

Military pilots must have “permission from the White House because only the president has the authority to order a civilian aircraft shot down.” [CNN, 10/26/99] But if retaliatory strikes needed to the authorized, Bush was not available. If one of the planes had to be shot down to save more lives on the ground, Bush was not available. Although several fighters had been dispatched to defend New York City, the pilot of one of the planes flying to catch Flight 175 later noted that it wouldn’t have mattered if he caught up with it, because only Bush could order a shootdown, and Bush could not be reached in the classroom. [Cape Cod Times, 8/21/02]

Hijackers could have crashed a plane into Bush’s publicized location and his security would have been completely helpless to stop it. Remember, Bush’s schedule had been announced on September 7 and two of the 9/11 hijackers came to Sarasota that same day. [White House, 9/7/01, Longboat Observer, 11/21/01, Washington Post, 1/27/02] Furthermore, the Secret Service was aware of the strange request for an interview a few hours earlier and the previous night’s report of a person in town who had made violent threats against Bush.

Indeed, a few days after 9/11, Sarasota’s main newspaper reported, “Sarasota barely skirted its own disaster. As it turns out, terrorists targeted the president and Air Force One on Tuesday, maybe even while they were on the ground in Sarasota and certainly not long after. The Secret Service learned of the threat just minutes after Bush left Booker Elementary.” [Sarasota Herald-Tribune, 9/16/01]

An Interesting Day: President Bush's Movements and Actions on 9/11

So what? Bush was dead on accurate in his response, sir. YOU are outta line as the Partisan HACK that you are.

Forum List

Back