Bush's Budget Expected to Be Aggressive

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA

Wed Jan 12, 9:56 AM ET Politics - washingtonpost.com
By Jonathan Weisman, Washington Post Staff Writer

The Bush administration is preparing a budget request that would freeze most spending on agriculture, veterans and science, slash or eliminate dozens of federal programs, and force more costs, from Medicaid to housing, onto state and local governments, according to congressional aides and lawmakers.

The White House also plans to reintroduce measures to stem the growth of federal health care and other entitlement programs that rise automatically each year based on set formulas, they said.

The tough budget for the fiscal year that begins in October is intended to signal President Bush (news - web sites)'s commitment to reining in the record federal deficit, and to satisfying conservative critics who note spending has soared since Bush took office.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...washpost/20050112/pl_washpost/a1953_2005jan11

--------------
About freakin' time!

Way past time for the administration to sound like the GOP on domestic side too.

gop_jeff said:

Wed Jan 12, 9:56 AM ET Politics - washingtonpost.com
By Jonathan Weisman, Washington Post Staff Writer

The Bush administration is preparing a budget request that would freeze most spending on agriculture, veterans and science, slash or eliminate dozens of federal programs, and force more costs, from Medicaid to housing, onto state and local governments, according to congressional aides and lawmakers.

The White House also plans to reintroduce measures to stem the growth of federal health care and other entitlement programs that rise automatically each year based on set formulas, they said.

The tough budget for the fiscal year that begins in October is intended to signal President Bush (news - web sites)'s commitment to reining in the record federal deficit, and to satisfying conservative critics who note spending has soared since Bush took office.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...washpost/20050112/pl_washpost/a1953_2005jan11

--------------
About freakin' time!

Finally! I hope it is true. I was tired of the way he was acting like a Dem giving away our money like it wasn't taken from us to begin with.

no1tovote4 said:
Finally! I hope it is true. I was tired of the way he was acting like a Dem giving away our money like it wasn't taken from us to begin with.

I'm hoping the social actions of his first term were only implemented to insure his election to a second term. Now he can get down to business.

Forum List

Back