Obama added at least 400 billion to 09 budget for the new base-line

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
We have not redone the budget base-line since
It has automatically went up 6% since

last 50% of tarp
Senate vote fails, Obama gets $350B - Jan. 15, 2009
(he does not spend it all, about 200 billion)
failed stimulus

One of the games played by democrats under this law is the passage of stimulus bills. When a stimulus is passed, it adds immediately to the budget baseline for that year and then for every succeeding year. So the Obama Pelosi Reid stimulus passed in 2009 added $787 billion of new spending to the federal budget in 2009. It then went on to add $834 billion of new spending in 2010 ($787 billion times 1.06 for the 6% yearly increase); $884 billion in 2011; and finally $937 billion in 2012. Over the last four years, this totals $3,442 billion more than would have been budgeted through the normal process – which is precisely why the democrats wanted it passed as a stimulus.

As Harry Reid’s democrat majority in the Senate has consistently refused to pass a budget for nearly three years, the continuing resolutions have simply continued the yearly automatic 6% increase in spending leading to the enormous budget deficits of the Obama years.

Interestingly enough, the 2009 Obama stimulus was not the first stimulus passed by the Reid Pelosi congresses. They passed a $152 billion stimulus in 2007 when the democrats re-took majorities in the House and the Senate. They passed another $146 billion stimulus in 2008. President Bush signed both of them. The 2007 stimulus added $1,060 billion

The Dismal Science of Baseline Budgeting | The Northern Right

Five billion dollars worth of earmarks added by Members of Congress.
A funding increase of $8.5 billion in the Labor-HHS-Education portion of the law, excluding emergency appropriations.
A $31 billion increase in nine bills funding various federal agencies over FY 2008, as totaled by the U.S. Conference of Mayor.
All told, as noted by the Canada Free Press, the omnibus increased total spending in the relevant departments by 8% over the prior year. And while $31 billion is not a large amount of money compared to the federal budget in 2009 (it was less than one percent of spending in that year), it was 22% of the $140 billion in deficit spending Nutting credits to Obama. Nutting should still have put the blame for those increases on Obama’s shoulders – as he eventually, and rightly, did with stimulus spending.

Third, Nutting cites the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) to claim FY 2013 spending is supposed to go down by 1.3%. This is extremely misleading. In citing the CBO, Nutting is looking at the its 2012 baseline report on spending. This report looks at how current law will impact spending and the deficit. However, in the same report, CBO’s alternative fiscal scenario (what I like to call the politically realistic scenario, with explanations of the likely course Congress will take regarding specific tax and spending programs) expects certain spending reductions to be delayed by Congress. These include cuts to doctor payments in Medicare and the sequestration cuts scheduled to take place in 2013. These and other examinations of fiscal reality cause the CBO to note “deficits would average 5.4 percent of GDP over the 2013–2022 period, rather than the 1.5 percent reflected in CBO’s baseline projections.” The CBO also expects the difference in deficits between the baseline report and alternative fiscal scenario to be about two percent of GDP, or over $300 billion in 2013.

Correcting the media on Obama’s spending record… again « Hot Air

GWB asked for 3.1 trillion for 2009
when the dems in congress and BHO got done with it we spent 3.7
do not forget most if the Tarp GWB allocated we got back
2009 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"the Obama Pelosi Reid stimulus passed in 2009 added $787 billion of new spending to the federal budget in 2009."

My gawd that's stupid.

Oh, and wrong.

"the Obama Pelosi Reid stimulus passed in 2009 added $787 billion of new spending to the federal budget in 2009."

My gawd that's stupid.

Oh, and wrong.

I agree
That is not what the thread stated
from above as you ignored
Obama was responsible for $140 billion in stimulus spending in 2009. Therefore, insinuating that the 2009 deficit was garnered entirely under President Bush’s watch is misleading.

My gawd that's stupid.

Oh, and wrong.

I agree
Obama was responsible for $140 billion in stimulus spending in 2009. Therefore, insinuating that the 2009 deficit was garnered entirely under President Bush’s watch is misleading.

So when your OP stated "the Obama Pelosi Reid stimulus passed in 2009 added $787 billion of new spending to the federal budget in 2009. " it didn't actually state that the stimulus added 787B of new spending to the federal budget in 2009?

OK then.

My gawd that's stupid.

Oh, and wrong.

I agree

So when your OP stated "the Obama Pelosi Reid stimulus passed in 2009 added $787 billion of new spending to the federal budget in 2009. " it didn't actually state that the stimulus added 787B of new spending to the federal budget in 2009?

OK then.

fair enough
read all of it

Forum List

Back