Bush The Food Stamp President

Turns out 11,000,000 folks signed up for food stamps during Bush's terms. Anyone earning $18,000 per year for a family of three is eligible and the end of Bush's term presented economic conditions worse than at any time since the great depression. Obama has just had to live with it.

over forty-six million Americans are on food stamps now.

The vast majority of "conservatives" don't care about remedying this. They only want to blame Obama.
Which is the greater number? And who is blaming whom?
Turns out 11,000,000 folks signed up for food stamps during Bush's terms

over forty-six million Americans are on food stamps now

over forty-six million Americans are on food stamps now.

The vast majority of "conservatives" don't care about remedying this. They only want to blame Obama.
Turns out 11,000,000 folks signed up for food stamps during Bush's terms

No one should be blaming Bush for the number we have right now. Just like no one should be blaming Obama for the number we have right now. What matters, is we have a lot of our fellow citizens who need help and need jobs. What are we going to do about it?

I see no "conservatives" answering that question and certainly no possible GOP presidential candidates answering it.

Last edited:
Bush left a massive and still-deteriorating economic mess of historic proportions that, yes, was enabled in part by the likes of Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. Not to mention a few million greedy and pig-headed consumers who sucked the equity out of their homes to buy big screens and laptops.

But anyone who is trying to treat this as just another run-of-the-mill recession is either ignorant or lying, and my guess would be the latter. Consumers and financial institutions are still unwinding from this ungodly mess, which is PRECISELY what was PREDICTED. And this could easily take another two or three years, if not longer.

I realize intellectual honesty is currently frowned upon, but it really doesn't help anything.

No one should be blaming Bush for the number we have right now. Just like no one should be blaming Obama for the number we have right now. What matters, is we have a lot of our fellow citizens who need help and need jobs. What are we going to do about it?

I see no "conservatives" answering that question and certainly no possible GOP presidential candidates answering it.

So no one should blame bush now for the numbers now, But I am willing to bet you sure as hell blamed Bush then for the numbers back then.

Bush left a massive and still-deteriorating economic mess of historic proportions that, yes, was enabled in part by the likes of Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. Not to mention a few million greedy and pig-headed consumers who sucked the equity out of their homes to buy big screens and laptops.

But anyone who is trying to treat this as just another run-of-the-mill recession is either ignorant or lying, and my guess would be the latter. Consumers and financial institutions are still unwinding from this ungodly mess, which is PRECISELY what was PREDICTED. And this could easily take another two or three years, if not longer.

I realize intellectual honesty is currently frowned upon, but it really doesn't help anything.

Bush and a democratic controlled congress with obama as senator.

LOL

Bush started two wars.....one totally by choice. We'll forgive him. He had to have vengeance for Saddam Hussein trying to assassinate his daddy in 1993. Bible thumpers have gone out and slaughtered millions at the drop of a hat all the way back to primitive times. Bush was no exception to the rule.

What the hell......all it cost was 4400 young American lives, 32,000 seriously wounded, 150,000 innocent Iraqis, etc. 'Course after the first suicide bombings in the history of their country began about 2 million Iraqis fled to Syria or Jordon. No big deal....Bush and Kenny Boy were having picnic bar b ques down in Crawford.

Last edited:
Food stamps are beneficial to the economy and the country during times of high unemployment and weak economic growth. During good times, the numbers should drop, not rise.

Yes, because taking from productive people and giving to unproductive ones is a real game winner.
Heck, let's just get the whole country on food stamps and we'l really take off.

If the "productive" people are slashing jobs in order to pocket more money, then yes, it is a game winner.

Wow - I had it all wrong. By working I am taking someone else's job & harming the economy. If I quit my job, collect unemployment, snap, welfare & food-stamps, I become a stimulating job creator. Instead of going to work tomorrow, I will go to the social services office & pick up a hand full of stimulus & go create some jobs to get this country going. :salute:

Yes, because taking from productive people and giving to unproductive ones is a real game winner.

If the "productive" people are slashing jobs in order to pocket more money, then yes, it is a game winner.

Wow - I had it all wrong. By working I am taking someone else's job & harming the economy. If I quit my job, collect unemployment, snap, welfare & food-stamps, I become a stimulating job creator. Instead of going to work tomorrow, I will go to the social services office & pick up a hand full of stimulus & go create some jobs to get this country going. :salute:

You are a good American :clap2::clap2:

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3901-images.jpg

"Bush The Food Stamp President"
If I could get them, I would.
That would be about the only thing I ever got for the insane amount of taxes I've paid.

LOL

Bush started two wars.....one totally by choice. We'll forgive him. He had to have vengeance for Saddam Hussein trying to assassinate his daddy in 1993. Bible thumpers have gone out and slaughtered millions at the drop of a hat all the way back to primitive times. Bush was no exception to the rule.

What the hell......all it cost was 4400 young American lives, 32,000 seriously wounded, 150,000 innocent Iraqis, etc. 'Course after the first suicide bombings in the history of their country began about 2 million Iraqis fled to Syria or Jordon. No big deal....Bush and Kenny Boy were having picnic bar b ques down in Crawford.

and that all has to do with food stamps... how?

I sincerely hope your stomach cancer isn't too painful.

LOL

What does that have to do with your OP with over 11 million people on food stamps when Bush was President
And what I said with over forty-six million Americans on Food stamps now and obama being president?

Let's also not forget democrats were supportive of Bushes action if not they would never have allowed him to do what he did,

Ah, we've got almost 46,000,000 people on food stamps now...the highest number ever. The number has DOUBLED since Bush left office. Obama hasn't just "lived with it"...his policies have produced an economy where long term unemployment has turned millions of Americans into "wards of the State" dependent on handouts to survive.

Put up or shut the fuck up. You people thing just because you say something it's fact. You don't bother to fact check. Too fucking lazy to do the googling your selves.

3rd GRADER SMARTER THEN HANNITY AND GINGRICH.

We asked the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition service for month-by-month figures going back to January 2001. And they show that under President George W. Bush the number of recipients rose by nearly 14.7 million. Nothing before comes close.

And under Obama, the increase so far has been 14.2 million. To be exact, the program has so far grown by 444,574 fewer recipients during Obama's time in office than during Bush's.
The number getting food stamps declined by 43,528 in October. And the economy has improved since then.

Fact check: Gingrich's faulty food-stamp claim

The fiscal year 2001 agriculture appropriations bill included two significant changes to the FSP. The legislation increased the excess shelter cap to $340 in fiscal year 2001 and then indexed the cap to changes in the Consumer Price Index for All Consumers each year beginning in fiscal year 2002. The legislation also allowed States to use the vehicle limit they use in a TANF assistance program, if it would be result in a lower attribution of resources for the household. To date, only two States have not taken advantage of this option.

Early 2000s - The Farm Bill of 2002

Participation declined throughout the late 1990s, even more so than expected based on the changes in PRWORA and falling unemployment. Program access and simplification of program rules were a major focus of proposed legislation and of major regulations promulgated by the Department. In May 2002, the Food Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 was enacted, including reauthorization of the Food Stamp Program. Major changes to the FSP included:
restoration of eligibility for food stamps to qualified aliens who have been in the United States at least five years;
restoration of eligibility for immigrants receiving certain disability payments and for children, regardless of how long they have been in the country;
adjusting the standard deduction to vary by household size and indexed each year for inflation;
reforming the quality control (QC) system by basing financial sanctions on consecutive years of high error rate;
replacing enhanced funding for States with low error rates with a performance bonus system based on several different measures of performance;
providing States with several options to simplify the program, including aligning the definition of income and/or resources to that used in TANF or Medicaid, adopting a simplified reporting system, and providing transitional benefits for clients leaving TANF;
cutting E&T funding while eliminating the requirements of targeting those funds toward ABAWDs; and
eliminating the cost neutrality requirement for EBT systems.

Food stamp participation increased from about 17.2 million in fiscal year 2000 to 26 million people in July 2006. The rate of payment accuracy in the FSP improved 34 percent between FY2000 and FY2004 and the 94.12 percent overall payment accuracy rate was the highest achieved since the inception of the program. USDA awarded $48 million to 24 States for their exemplary administration of the program in fiscal year (FY) 2005.

This improvement in payment accuracy is a result of strong partnerships with States administering the program as well as implementation of program simplifications and policy options provided in the 2002 Farm Bill. These options which include aligning the definition of income and/or resources to that used in TANF or Medicaid, adopting a simplified reporting system, and providing transitional benefits for clients leaving TANF, were well received by State agencies. Forty-one of these have aligned income and 36 have aligned resource exclusions to those used in TANF or Medicaid. 47 States have adopted simplified reporting which has reduced the program error rate.

The Department continues to work with States to implement the various provisions of the 2002 Farm Bill, through guidance and regulations.

Late 2000s - The Farm Bill of 2008

By August 2008, participation had reached an all-time (non-disaster) high of 29 million people per month. The participation increases occurred at a time when eligibility for food stamp benefits expanded as a result of the 2002 Farm Bill. Moreover, there was a consistent focus on outreach and improved access to FSP benefits. Some of the most recent increase in participation may be caused by the current economic slowdown and the recent rise in unemployment rates. During this time, payment accuracy continued to improve and the program set a new payment error rate record for fiscal year 2007 of 5.64.

The 2008 farm bill (H.R. 2419, the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008) was enacted May 22, 2008 through an override of the President’s veto. The new law increased the commitment to Federal food assistance programs by more than $10 billion over the next 10 years. In efforts to fight stigma, the law changed the name of the Federal program to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP as of Oct. 1, 2008, and changed the name of the Food Stamp Act of 1977 to the Food and Nutrition Act of 2008. States maintained flexibility to name the program on their own but were encouraged to change the name to SNAP or another alternate name. In fact, more than ten States had already changed the names of their programs by this time.

Significantly, the 2008 Farm Bill also institutionalized priorities that FNS had focused on for many years including strengthening integrity; simplifying administration; maintaining State flexibility; improving health through nutrition education; and improving access.

Benefits were augmented for most households on Oct. 1, 2008, due to the increase in the minimum benefit and standard deduction and elimination of the cap on the deduction for child care expenses. The new law also expanded eligibility by indexing the asset limits to inflation and excluding combat pay, and most retirement and education accounts as countable resources. The law modernized the program by acknowledging EBT as the standard issuance vehicle and de-obligating coupons one year from enactment. The Farm Bill also provided $20 million in mandatory funding for a project to test point-of-purchase incentives for healthful foods and authorized appropriations for other similar projects.

Other important changes included:
Extended simplified reporting to all households
Extended of transitional benefits to those leaving a State-funded cash assistance program
Allowed use of E&T funds for job retention expenses
Clarified the E&T volunteers are not subject to a participation limit
Stipulated that State agencies must issue monthly benefit allotments to individuals in one lump sum unless a benefit correction is necessary
Sets standards for expungement of benefits and for moving benefits off line
Clarified that interchange fees may not apply to EBT transactions
Required USDA to set standards for major changes in program design
Required USDA to require proper testing as a condition of Federal financial participation in State automation systems.
Allowed USDA to prohibit State agencies from collecting claims from a household and to assert a claim against a State in cases of major systems failure
Offered States the option of implementing a telephonic signature process
Codified regulations regarding bilingual access, civil rights requirements and nutrition education
Allowed for disqualification for clients who intentionally obtain cash by purchasing and then discarding a product to obtain the deposit or intentionally sells food purchased with SNAP benefits
Gave USDA more flexibility in setting disqualification periods and fines for certain retailer violations.

About SNAP

This enormous fiasco was started by George W. Bush because he really never had gotten over Saddam Hussein trying to assassinate his father in 1993.

You are confused again old retard. Bill Clinton attacked Iraq to avenge Saddam Hussein trying to assassinate Daddy Bush. But hey - Don't let the facts stand in the way of a perfectly good lie. BDS - (Bush Derangement Syndrome). As for Kenny Boy you forgot to mention Bill Clinton's $125,000 pay-off from Ken Lay to pressure Indonesia into Enron's $3 billion P.T. East Java Power Corp.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mpWa7wNr5M&feature=player_embedded"]Bill Clinton AVENGED Saddam's attempted attack on Bush Sr[/ame]

Last edited:
Ah, we've got almost 46,000,000 people on food stamps now...the highest number ever. The number has DOUBLED since Bush left office. Obama hasn't just "lived with it"...his policies have produced an economy where long term unemployment has turned millions of Americans into "wards of the State" dependent on handouts to survive.

Put up or shut the fuck up. You people thing just because you say something it's fact. You don't bother to fact check. Too fucking lazy to do the googling your selves.

We asked the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition service for month-by-month figures going back to January 2001. And they show that under President George W. Bush the number of recipients rose by nearly 14.7 million. Nothing before comes close.

And under Obama, the increase so far has been 14.2 million. To be exact, the program has so far grown by 444,574 fewer recipients during Obama's time in office than during Bush's.
The number getting food stamps declined by 43,528 in October. And the economy has improved since then.

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

46,997,225 Americans are on food stamps as of today.

More people were put on Food Stamps by GWB than any president in history.

14.6 million people were added to the Food Stamp rolls during George Bush's presidency.

13.8 million have been added during the Obama administration.

Considering that most of the Bush increases were done during the non recession years.

I guess that makes the GOP the real party of food stamps.

Link

MATH PROBLEM

White man put 14.6 million on food stamps.
Black man put 13.8 million on food stamps.
Who put the most people on food stamps, the white man or the black man?
Answer; White man put more people on food stamps.

14.6 over 8 years, equals 1.825 per year
13.8 over 3 years equals 4.6 per year.

Obama has added more people per year than Bush.
If Obama were to win a 2nd term, he'd end up with 36.8 million on food stamps.

Obama beats Bush in adding people to food stamps, hands down.

bump

Forum List

Back