Bush The Food Stamp President

Saying that Dems took control of the country in 2007 is dittohead idiocy. Bush vetoed EVERYTHING the Dems passed but a ridiculously overdue raise of the minimum wage. Dems have blue dogs who made their majority a fiction half the time anyway.

Bush and the deregulatin' fool Pubs caused the DEPRESSION that has caused the rise in food stamps- the dupes are ADHD and have no knowledge of history, even last year, the brainwashed morons. That would be total Pub paralysis of congress and the recovery...see sig, dumbos.

Could you get your facts straight at least once before the month is out?

More Americans died on US soil under Bush from Terrorism than any other president.

Bush the Americans Died on his watch President.

Is that how this works?

Bush the Housing collapse President...No?

Yes thank you democrats for making that possible.

Dems weren't the pres when 9/11, Katrina and the housing bubble collapsed.

The housing bubble and 9/11 were in play when Clinton was in office....
Katrina was just an F up all the way around....

More people were put on Food Stamps by GWB than any president in history.

14.6 million people were added to the Food Stamp rolls during George Bush's presidency.

13.8 million have been added during the Obama administration.

Considering that most of the Bush increases were done during the non recession years.

I guess that makes the GOP the real party of food stamps.

Link

MATH PROBLEM

White man put 14.6 million on food stamps.
Black man put 13.8 million on food stamps.
Who put the most people on food stamps, the white man or the black man?
Answer; White man put more people on food stamps.

14.6 over 8 years, equals 1.825 per year
13.8 over 3 years equals 4.6 per year.

Obama has added more people per year than Bush.
If Obama were to win a 2nd term, he'd end up with 36.8 million on food stamps.

Obama beats Bush in adding people to food stamps, hands down.

Saying that Dems took control of the country in 2007 is dittohead idiocy. Bush vetoed EVERYTHING the Dems passed but a ridiculously overdue raise of the minimum wage. Dems have blue dogs who made their majority a fiction half the time anyway.

Bush and the deregulatin' fool Pubs caused the DEPRESSION that has caused the rise in food stamps- the dupes are ADHD and have no knowledge of history, even last year, the brainwashed morons. That would be total Pub paralysis of congress and the recovery...see sig, dumbos.

Could you get your facts straight at least once before the month is out?

why should he start now?

Turns out 11,000,000 folks signed up for food stamps during Bush's terms. Anyone earning $18,000 per year for a family of three is eligible and the end of Bush's term presented economic conditions worse than at any time since the great depression. Obama has just had to live with it.

lmao.........the spin crap from the k00ks might change the perception of 7 or 8 people on this forum...........

Nationally. however, Obama now owns the moniker of Food Stamp President.

Oh......and this is a POLITICS forum s0n.........nobody cares about George Bush.

Except, of course, that's not what Newt said.

This would be true if the numbers being added were still rising. They aren't.

So if you democrats believe Bush put more people on food-stamps & food-stamps are job creating stimulus, then why did you not write in vote him back in or draft his brother Jeb to run?

So if you democrats believe Bush put more people on food-stamps & food-stamps are job creating stimulus, then why did you not write in vote him back in or draft his brother Jeb to run?

Food stamps are beneficial to the economy and the country during times of high unemployment and weak economic growth. During good times, the numbers should drop, not rise.

Food stamps are beneficial to the economy and the country during times of high unemployment and weak economic growth. During good times, the numbers should drop, not rise.

Yes, because taking from productive people and giving to unproductive ones is a real game winner.
Heck, let's just get the whole country on food stamps and we'l really take off.

Except, of course, that's not what Newt said.

This would be true if the numbers being added were still rising. They aren't.

I did not claim Newt or anyone else said anything, go back and read my post.

I used the numbers provided by the poster I was responding to.

Food Stamp Usage Continues Climbing To Highest Level Ever
The number of people using food stamps hit an all-time high in May 2011. According to the USDA, 45,753,078 Americans and 21,581,234 households use Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), more commonly known as food stamps.

Zero Hedge notes that much of the 1.1 million increase from April 2011 comes from the state of Alabama, in which food stamp usage shot up from 868,000 to 1,762,000.

The past three fiscal years have show a tremendous growth of SNAP usage. In 2008, about 28.2 million people used food stamps compared to about 33.5 million in 2009 and 40.3 million in 2010. In order to be eligible for SNAP, a person must make less than $1,174, among other requirements.

The population of the United States is around 311,907,122, meaning that almost 15 percent of U.S. residents use food stamps.
I love it when libtard sites like huffPo come back to bite them in the ass :rofl:

Bush isn't black, so "Food Stamp President" doesn't have the same connotation for the racist white conservative crowd.

Turns out 11,000,000 folks signed up for food stamps during Bush's terms. Anyone earning $18,000 per year for a family of three is eligible and the end of Bush's term presented economic conditions worse than at any time since the great depression. Obama has just had to live with it.

over forty-six million Americans are on food stamps now.

Yes, because taking from productive people and giving to unproductive ones is a real game winner.
Heck, let's just get the whole country on food stamps and we'l really take off.

If the "productive" people are slashing jobs in order to pocket more money, then yes, it is a game winner.

over forty-six million Americans are on food stamps now.

The vast majority of "conservatives" don't care about remedying this. They only want to blame Obama.

Shhhhhhhhhh.....the "conservatives" don't like facts about their Presidents. And PLEASE, don't mention the fact that Reagan granted immunity to millions of illegal immigrants while he was POTUS....

I'm just fine with "facts", VaYank...it's the bullshit I have a problem with. When are you guys going to stop blaming Bush and take responsibility for your own actions?

Chill out on the "you guys" grouping attempt. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the recession begin way before Bush left office? Didn't the financial melt down and the lay offs of thousands of financial institution employees occur while Bush was in office? How did Obama do this?

You nailed it! The Bush leftovers were bleeding 250,000 lost jobs each month when Obama took over. The worst mess since the depression. Obama also assumed reponsibility for an annual interest payment on the existing national debt of $450,000,000,000...second annual expense only to the defense budget.

I was hoping one of you would take the bait. and you muffed oit to but you're not very bright anyway and in the end this is a loser for slobbering partisans sooo, keep up the bad work.
party.gif

bush added 1.6 million a year over 8 years to 10.9 million.

obama has added 18 million in 3.

so you're stuck. if food stamps is a good thing, and bush did relax the standards you have to give him, a Rep. credit for not starving da po' people.

IF NOT then, obama is completely inept and we are suffering very very badly, quite the conundrum eh? ....:lol:

go ahead, I cannot wait to see how ya'll have your cake and eat it too.

I will now go ahead and read the thread, I wanted to answer this straight away first. amusement is sure to follow.

yea, I thought so. :eusa_whistle:

I was hoping one of you would take the bait. and you muffed oit to but you're not very bright anyway and in the end this is a loser for slobbering partisans sooo, keep up the bad work.
party.gif

so you're stuck. if food stamps is a good thing, and bush did relax the standards you have to give him, a Rep. credit for not starving da po' people.

IF NOT then, obama is completely inept and we are suffering very very badly, quite the conundrum eh? ....:lol:

I will now go ahead and read the thread, I wanted to answer this straight away first. amusement is sure to follow.

Asked and answered.

Food stamps increasing during recession = good.
Food stamps increasing during expansion = bad.

party.gif

Asked and answered.

:lol:cop out city

further, so bush DID have an expansion? things were good? not one more person that when he was sworn in needed or required foodstamps?

Asked and answered.

:lol:cop out city

further, so bush DID have an expansion? things were good? not one more person that when he was sworn in needed or required foodstamps?

What cop out? It's sound economics. It's the same reason deficits during recession are good.

Maybe you should take an Econ class and get back to us.

Forum List

Back