Bush Still Says, Iraq A Necessary War

Wasn't an option. The UN mandate prevented coalition forces from occupying any Iraqi soil.

Pretty much. What WAS an option was 'supporting' the uprisings that came immediately after. And by supporting it I don't mean arming them, but doing what was perfectly legal: enforce the no-fly zone. The total failure to simply ENFORCE the no-fly zone allowed Hussein to obliterate the rebels, which would've taken him out of power. You gotta wonder why, especially considering that George I had encouraged it right before it happened.

Last edited:
I thought the mission was accomplished?

This might be a necessary occupation, but a war?

What nation are we at war with, exactly?

"I agree with Bush. It was time someone finally confronted radical islamists with force."

Crock of consevative recycled spin: Saddam was a secularist. He hated Al Quaeda and the religious nut jobs.

True believers will still believe even when proved wrong by their own eyes.

I think if we declared war on the UN the world would be a better place, myself. Their meddling, stupidity and corruption are 2/3 of the problem in the Middle East and Africa.

Crock of consevative recycled spin: Saddam was a secularist. He hated Al Quaeda and the religious nut jobs.

True believers will still believe even when proved wrong by their own eyes.

He hated everyone. He was a psychopath. But it's fun to watch lefties paint him as some sort of martyr and national hero.

I thought the mission was accomplished?

You still don't understand this? How many missions are there in a war? The mission of removing Saddam from power WAS completed. The subsequent missions (notice the plural) continued.

Forum List

Back