Bush Speech Supports the Troops

Discussion in 'Military' started by rayboyusmc, Feb 10, 2008.

1. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Unfortunately, his actions don't. Get the credit on national television and then just fluff it off. The strength of the military family is the foundation of the strength of our military. [​IMG] Thank you again, Lt. Gets In The Guard Ahead of Others and then gets out early to work in a political campaign. You have shared the rigors of military service -- NOT!

It will be intersting to see if any of the Dems have the balls/balletes to push this issue.

http://tinyurl.com/ysffd3

2. nibor

nibor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    What a piece of lip service, I hope he doesn't get too much on his dress............:eusa_drool: :eusa_whistle:

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    TO push WHAT issue? Seems Dems along with Kerry tried to do just THAT and y'all STILL haven't gotten the egg off your faces.:eusa_whistle:

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    SO the first question is of course... Where you EVER in the National Guard? I was. I was a personnel clerk in one of the highest headquarters in the State of Washington at the time. I maintained and controlled the personnel files of ANY member in school, on temporary duty or not with his parent unit.

It was and as far as I know still IS standard practice for ANY member to ask for early separation , especially if their MOS is being phased out and they do not plan to reup. It was and as far as I know still is, common practice to allow serving members to transfer to other commands if the losing unit and the gaining unit agreed, this can be for almost any reason. More importantly if a member has completed all the required hours up to that point such requests were almost always honored. This included buck privates to the highest ranking officer that might wish to leave service.

Add to that the fact that Bush flew one of the most DANGEROUS aircraft in the US military and FLEW more hours then required calling him anything other than what the National Guard called him when they discharged him with an HONORABLE Discharge is a disservice to every National Guardsman anywhere.

5. nibor

nibor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13

I don't think the Guard's in question.....................as much as tweedle dum's commitment TO MY KID'S FAMILY AND THE REST OF THE MILITARY FAMILIES ON FREAKIN' FOOD STAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

6. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Got any idea how many military families are on food stamps? Any idea what military pay and benefits are? Any idea who determines that?

I didn't think so.

7. nibor

nibor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    THE FACT THAT ANY OF THEM ARE NO MATTER HOW MANY IS A FUCKING DISGRACE>>>>>>>>>>>!:eusa_doh: :rolleyes:

8. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I ask again...where do you get the numbers? Where are the "facts" that ANY military member is on food stamps????

By the way, your caps lock is stuck in the "on" position.

9. nibor

nibor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13

http://www.alternet.org/story/18313

http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/2006/10/supporting-troops.html

http://www.fas.org/news/usa/1999/12/991207-mccain.htm

http://www.military.com/opinion/0,15202,82088,00.html

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2007/05/military_foodstamps_070508w/

UM so I'm halucinating..................again??????? :rolleyes:

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    yup....must be the drugs you are taking.

All the articles you cite refer to data from the late 1990's.

Are there military members on food stamps ....yes there are. Significantly less than (percentage wise) than there are in an equivalent civilian population, particularly since the military is now using a different calculations for determining what counts as "income".

Interestingly enough, the largest number of personnel on food stamps are in the National Guard and Reserves ... not the active duty. Many of our reservists are living from paycheck to paycheck in their civilian life and then get deployed which places additional financial hardship. That is mostly because they are young with larger families. The point here is they were on the edge anyway (whether or not they were military) and their call to duty pushed them over the edge.

Here is another news flash for you. NOBODY joins the military to get rich.

By the way, your last link with the story of the bill in 2007 submitted to alleviate some of the problem .... you are of course going to credit "the administration" for addressing the problem....aren't you???