'Bush should have died, not Reagan': Morrissey

nycflasher

Apr 15, 2004
CT
My goodness.
I've always liked the Smiths, but that's a bit extreme, Morrissey.

source
MANCHESTER music legend Morrissey sparked controversy when he announced Ronald Reagan's death live on stage during a concert - and then declared he wished it was George Bush who had died instead.

Thousands of fans at Dublin Castle, in Ireland, cheered when the ex-Smiths frontman made the announcement that the former American president, who had battled with Alzheimer's Disease, had passed away.

And an even bigger cheer followed when Morrissey - who is no stranger to controversy - then said he wished it had been the current President, George W Bush, who had died.

Fan Tony Murray said: "He commented about the death of Ronald Reagan and when he wished that it was George W instead the crowd went wild."

The Dublin concert was the latest leg of Morrissey's European tour, which began at the M.E.N. Arena last month when the ever-popular performer made his first appearance in the city for 12 years.

He is due to appear at the Move festival at Old Trafford cricket ground next month.

A spokesman for Morrissey's record label, Sanctuary Records, said: "We do not have a recording of the gig, but as far as we can tell, Morrissey was just alerting the audience to the fact that Ronald Reagan had died.

"He then simply followed that up with his comment about George Bush, which was his own opinion. He is no stranger to controversy."

I understand that same sentiment was verbalized in Cuba, as well. We really live in a hate-filled world when it comes to George W., but then he has about as many admirers/supporters as haters.

Fucking Morrissey is a has been. Should have quit when the Smiths broke up. Looks like he will stoop to any depth to drum up publicity.

Lol did the whore Madonna say something wild? I mean I know about the Dixie Traitors but I hadn't heard anything from Madonna.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
exactly! most of the has beens do this type of thing to make a little something out of nothing! kind of like that pig Madonna, or the Dixie Dykes!

Why is Madonna a pig?

He is another music entertainer who cannot keep his trap shut !

Originally posted by Avatar4321
So um who is this guy and why should i care what he thinks?

He's just a famous and controversial musician (former headman of the Smiths) who like many other celebrities say some outragous things and then have it published because...they are celebrities.

I don't think it's about what he thinks but what he said.

Originally posted by Sandy73
Hey don't care and don't buy his CD ! :D

Or do care but by his CD anyway. :D
I recommend The Queen is Dead.

No Smith's discussion would be complete without mentioning the brilliance of Johnny Marr on guitar...

Sorry he is a has been for me ! :D I have some songs burned but that is it none of my $$ will be spent on him !

I agree its not what he has in his mind it is his statement it was TOTALLY inappropriate !

Originally posted by NYCflasher:

"He's just a famous and controversial musician who, like many other celebrities, say some outrageous things and then have it published because... they are celebrities."

Pretty close. How about - *.... Celebrities say outrageous things in the fervent hope that they are published, so that they may continue being..... celebrities. *

" I don't think it's about what he thinks but what he said."

So, in Morrisey's case, the terms " thinking " and " speaking " are mutually exclusive? O.K. I'll buy that.

" Why is Madonna a pig? "

I don't know. Why is O.J. a murderer?

Originally posted by musicman

Pretty close. How about - *.... Celebrities say outrageous things in the fervent hope that they are published, so that they may continue being..... celebrities. *

------lol, I think we're both right

So, in Morrisey's case, the terms " thinking " and " speaking " are mutually exclusive? O.K. I'll buy that.

------what he thinks is moot, when he says he wishes GW were dead, that's an issue

" Why is Madonna a pig? "

I don't know. Why is O.J. a murderer?

--------comparing OJ and Maddonna, jeez
well I think she's damn sexy, does everyone hate her becasue she is rich, hot and famous and practices Kabala or whatever the hell you call it?

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Hmmm, dont remeber her video that came out were in the end she throw's a grenade in GW's lap? I am so out of connection to MTV and them kind of channels that I dont even know if it was released! In any event the very thought of doing something like that make's her scum in my book!

Yeah, MTV sucks now don't blame ya. Watching it now makes one long for 1980.

Never heard of that video...

Forum List

Back