'Bush should have died, not Reagan': Morrissey

Now who wants to be in agreement with Willie? Show of hands?

I like the effects of marijuana, but I was never one of those who knew how to get it. To me, that was like buying a carton of cigarettes: an indication you were really committed to it. In law school, it occurred to me that buying pot meant you were dealing with a felon. This did not slow our valedictorian, however.

Then, when the FBI recruiter came 'round, they said you couldn't have done drugs for a certain number of years (was it five years?), and since I had a mind to apply, I kept up the abstinence. I never did apply, though.

Today I'm married and drink Budweiser to alter my mental state.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Yep, learned twenty years ago that the stuff does'nt make you any smarter! how long has it been for you?:smoke:

Not THAT long... but shit I was only 8 when you quit.

Originally posted by nycflasher
My goodness.
I've always liked the Smiths, but that's a bit extreme, Morrissey.

source
MANCHESTER music legend Morrissey sparked controversy when he announced Ronald Reagan's death live on stage during a concert - and then declared he wished it was George Bush who had died instead.

Thousands of fans at Dublin Castle, in Ireland, cheered when the ex-Smiths frontman made the announcement that the former American president, who had battled with Alzheimer's Disease, had passed away.

And an even bigger cheer followed when Morrissey - who is no stranger to controversy - then said he wished it had been the current President, George W Bush, who had died.

Fan Tony Murray said: "He commented about the death of Ronald Reagan and when he wished that it was George W instead the crowd went wild."

The Dublin concert was the latest leg of Morrissey's European tour, which began at the M.E.N. Arena last month when the ever-popular performer made his first appearance in the city for 12 years.

He is due to appear at the Move festival at Old Trafford cricket ground next month.

A spokesman for Morrissey's record label, Sanctuary Records, said: "We do not have a recording of the gig, but as far as we can tell, Morrissey was just alerting the audience to the fact that Ronald Reagan had died.

"He then simply followed that up with his comment about George Bush, which was his own opinion. He is no stranger to controversy."

I know I'm late on this one,but this piece of no talent crap needs to take a leap off a bridge. Some of the comments these people make are just ridiculos. What a washed up piece of shit!!!!!!

:eek2: trying to say I'm old Flasher?

lol, no....just that there is a generational gap, so it hasn't been 20 years for me

Originally posted by krisy
I know I'm late on this one,but this piece of no talent crap needs to take a leap off a bridge. Some of the comments these people make are just ridiculos. What a washed up piece of shit!!!!!!

lol, never to late to join the execution

Thank you Sir! Sorry I spelled ridiculous wrong!! When I read stuff like this,it gets me so fired up that I start typing too fast and all hell breaks loose!!!

This really is a sad comment. Puke on this guy-literally!

Hello, NYC flasher!

Had to leave for a bit. Just to recap, you asked why Madonna was a pig. I replied, " I don't know. why is O.J. a murderer?"

You then jumped to the erroneous conclusion that I was comparing O.J. to Madonna. You missed my point. I was simply pointing out that the statements, " Madonna is a pig " and " O.J. is a murderer " are comparable in that they are both facts.

Madonna is wealthy. I don't begrudge her that. I leave the politics of envy to those who are past masters at it - liberals. What I resent is that she made her fortune by telling the youth of America - especially the young girls who so idolized her - " Follow me! Be an unspeakable slut! To hell with your parents - sleep with so many men that your very name becomes a rude joke. Then move on to lesbianism - what the hell, it's all good! "

But when SHE had a daughter - well, that was an entirely different thing ! It was private schools, armed guards, and NO MTV ! She couldn't have little Lourdes being corrupted, now, could she?

It reminds me of Ms. gun control - Rosie O'Donnel. She could preach to the rest of us on the evils of guns, but when it came down to HER kid going to school, armed guards were just fine.

So, actually, you're right. Hypocritical pigs aren't murderers. They're just hypocritical pigs.

I'm even later comment of the subject of the thread. But thankfully I won't have to krisy, YOU'VE SAID IT FOR ME!

Thanks.

Thank you Sir! Sorry I spelled ridiculous wrong!! When I read stuff like this,it gets me so fired up that I start typing too fast and all hell breaks loose!!!

This really is a sad comment. Puke on this guy-literally!

Hey, you're still spelling rediculous wrong I think.:D

Originally posted by musicman
Hello, NYC flasher!

Had to leave for a bit. Just to recap, you asked why Madonna was a pig. I replied, " I don't know. why is O.J. a murderer?"

You then jumped to the erroneous conclusion that I was comparing O.J. to Madonna. You missed my point. I was simply pointing out that the statements, " Madonna is a pig " and " O.J. is a murderer " are comparable in that they are both facts.

Madonna is wealthy. I don't begrudge her that. I leave the politics of envy to those who are past masters at it - liberals. What I resent is that she made her fortune by telling the youth of America - especially the young girls who so idolized her - " Follow me! Be an unspeakable slut! To hell with your parents - sleep with so many men that your very name becomes a rude joke. Then move on to lesbianism - what the hell, it's all good! "

But when SHE had a daughter - well, that was an entirely different thing ! It was private schools, armed guards, and NO MTV ! She couldn't have little Lourdes being corrupted, now, could she?

It reminds me of Ms. gun control - Rosie O'Donnel. She could preach to the rest of us on the evils of guns, but when it came down to HER kid going to school, armed guards were just fine.

So, actually, you're right. Hypocritical pigs aren't murderers. They're just hypocritical pigs.

You didn't compare them, you're right.
But OJ is most likely a murderer, I don't think Madonna is a pig.

She grew up poor and is self-made. Plus, she's hot and at 45 looks like 25. You're just jealous.:p:

I see you and NewGuy have similar ideas as to what qualifies as fact...

She grew up I believe in Detroit,Poses nude with her hairy armpits in Playboy, Makes the video already discussed (American Life), now lives in London,and badmouth's US!

SHE'S A PIG! but hey, I can see why you would like her!

lol, okay whatever
I certainly have better things to do than defend Madonna anymore.
I just think she's sexy, had a crush on her since I was a little children:p:

originally posted by NYC flasher :

" .....[ Madonna's] hot and at 45 looks like 25. You're just jealous."

One day, God willing, Madonna and I will be in our twilight years, and we'll both look it. I won't mind - I wasn't any great shakes to begin with. But it'll just KILL her!

Originally posted by musicman
originally posted by NYC flasher :

" .....[ Madonna's] hot and at 45 looks like 25. You're just jealous."

One day, God willing, Madonna and I will be in our twilight years, and we'll both look it. I won't mind - I wasn't any great shakes to begin with. But it'll just KILL her!

lol, I was just reading an article on Kabala and celebrities in New Republic.

It seems the overall goal is eternal youth. And I agree, Madonna isprobably petrified at the idea of wrinkles, sags, etc.

I guess that's what happens when you build a career/life around appearances.

Forum List

Back