Bush--Man of the Year

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
Posted 12/19/2004 8:37 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2004-12-19-time-person-year_x.htm?csp=24&RM_Exclude=Juno

'Time' names Bush named Person of 2004
NEW YORK (AP) — After winning re-election and "reshaping the rules of politics to fit his 10-gallon-hat leadership style," President George Bush for the second time was chosen as Time magazine's Person of the Year.

This Time magazine issue will be on newsstands for two weeks beginning December 20.
AP

The magazine's editors tapped Bush "for sharpening the debate until the choices bled, for reframing reality to match his design, for gambling his fortunes — and ours — on his faith in the power of leadership."

dilloduck said:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2004-12-19-time-person-year_x.htm?csp=24&RM_Exclude=Juno

NEW YORK (AP) — After winning re-election and "reshaping the rules of politics to fit his 10-gallon-hat leadership style," President George Bush for the second time was chosen as Time magazine's Person of the Year.

This Time magazine issue will be on newsstands for two weeks beginning December 20.
AP

The magazine's editors tapped Bush "for sharpening the debate until the choices bled, for reframing reality to match his design, for gambling his fortunes — and ours — on his faith in the power of leadership."

Unfortuantely, the head beneath that "ten-gallon hat" contains a mind inadequate to the task before it.

Bullypulpit said:
Unfortuantely, the head beneath that "ten-gallon hat" contains a mind inadequate to the task before it.
hey Bully--doesn't mean he's great--just FAMOUS ! LOL

dilloduck said:

AP

I think President Bush deserves this. He has managed to win re election,bring a strong sense of morals back to this country and oversee the war on terror. Whether you lke him or not,he works hard and deals with a lot of pressure. You have to give him that.

krisy said:
I think President Bush deserves this. He has managed to win re election,bring a strong sense of morals back to this country and oversee the war on terror. Whether you lke him or not,he works hard and deals with a lot of pressure. You have to give him that.

He has no morals...He's a politician.

nakedemperor said:
Most. Vacation days. Ever.

Quite literally =)[/QUOTE

I don't think a President ever has a "literal" vacation day. They are still making decisions,and just because Bush is at his ranch or wherever,doesn't mean he still isn't getting briefed everyday and making decisions. I thought I saw on the news somewhere that he has an office in his ranch. Anyway,they all work hard and what President has had to deal with what Bush has anyway? He deserves a few vacation days. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
krisy,

You are right. A quick search can quickly find you most of the daily schedules of the President over the past few years (especially those in the months prior to 9/11).

Those who spread the "more vacation days" nonsense are simply towing the Michael Moore line of giving people a little bit of truth, hoping like hell that they are too stupid to find the rest of the it.

"Bush has taken more "vacation" days than anyother President"....ooooh, sounds terrible and irresponsible...but when you actually look at what he was DOING during those "vacation days," you realize that the President's definition of "vacation" would fit most of our descriptions of "the most busy time at work we'd ever had". He meets with advisors, works on policies, receives updates and briefings just like he would in Washington, etc.

But when you look at the whole picture...it just isn't as shocking...and the President doing his job from Texas isn't going to win anyone an Oscar, fame, and of course, lots and lots of money.

fuzzykitten99 said:
uh, HELLO! HE RUNS A COUNTRY! He makes bigger decisions and has a longer schedule that you will ever have. I could not care less how many days he has off. He still works harder than me. I would never want his job.

If you think you can do better, you run for Prez.

Unfortunately, most rational, sane people don't want to get into politics anyways. It has to do with little things like maintaining personal integrity and moral values. Dubbyuh sold his soul long ago.

fuzzykitten99 said:
uh, HELLO! HE RUNS A COUNTRY! He makes bigger decisions and has a longer schedule that you will ever have. I could not care less how many days he has off. He still works harder than me. I would never want his job.

If you think you can do better, you run for Prez.

No thank you. When I was quite young I watced Toxic Avengers and the bad guys sometimes tried to lower pollution standards so they're companies could make more money. That's what Dubya does, and it kills puppies and kittens. And babies. And smiles.

nakedemperor said:
Most. Vacation days. Ever.

Quite literally =)

Fewest. Blowjobs. In years.

There's a difference between a vacation and a working vacation. The President is the President no matter where he is. Just because he goes to Crawford instead of Camp David doesn't mean he's working less than Clinton, H.W. Bush, Reagan, Carter, or any other president.

Forum List

Back