Bush Did It, Reagan Did It, What Does it Matter?

Why did the administration stonewall, dissemble, and thwart not just this investigation but every single other one?
How can you be objective when you know the president and his staff lied about Benghazi? It isnt even a question whether they did. We know they did.
Obama acts guilty so people assume he's guilty.

It's partisan politics, quit complaining, you would not have it any other way.

No it is not.
Again, I've posted this before. To Democrats everything is partisan politics. If they can make the other side look bad by opposing their bills, no matter how meritorious they are, then they'll do it. Barack Obama as senator never worked with the GOP on a single thing.
So they assume that everyone is like that.

What a joke...exactly my point...your back must be on fire carrying all that water

It's partisan politics, quit complaining, you would not have it any other way.

No it is not.
Again, I've posted this before. To Democrats everything is partisan politics. If they can make the other side look bad by opposing their bills, no matter how meritorious they are, then they'll do it. Barack Obama as senator never worked with the GOP on a single thing.
So they assume that everyone is like that.

What a joke...exactly my point...your back must be on fire carrying all that water

Darn, I knew you were too much of a liar to follow through and quit posting crap here.

Post the Reagan and Bush lies and coverups instead of talking smack.

Unless you are really young you should be familiar with the whole sorry mess, for example, remember when Cheney declared himself a fourth branch of the government and therefore not answerable the congress? Obama ain't got shit on that particular evasion of disclosure.

No, I dont recall that. I don't recall Cheney refusing to answer congressional inquriies or refusing to release documents under subpoena. Can you refresh our memories here?
But even if he did, does that make whatever Obama does OK?

Bush and Cheney did private interviews..you don't recall because you are a partisan hack

Unless you are really young you should be familiar with the whole sorry mess, for example, remember when Cheney declared himself a fourth branch of the government and therefore not answerable the congress? Obama ain't got shit on that particular evasion of disclosure.

No, I dont recall that. I don't recall Cheney refusing to answer congressional inquriies or refusing to release documents under subpoena. Can you refresh our memories here?

Bush and Cheney did private interviews..you don't recall because you are a partisan hack

Link?
Even if they did, does that make it OK?

Abraham Lincoln suspended habeas corpus. If Bush had suspended habeas corpus would that have been OK? If Obama suspends habeas corpus would that be OK?

It's so refreshing to know that someday when a Republican is president again and starts fucking up, none of his supporters on the board will be referencing Obama and Clinton for comparison.

Link?

Abraham Lincoln suspended habeas corpus. If Bush had suspended habeas corpus would that have been OK? If Obama suspends habeas corpus would that be OK?
No it doesnt and that's half the point. The other is selective outrage by the right. But you knew this already

It's so refreshing to know that someday when a Republican is president again and starts fucking up, none of his supporters on the board will be referencing Obama and Clinton for comparison.
The media will be on them like stink on shit. With Democrats they hold their noses and look the other way.

About half the posts by libs in response to any criticism of Obama consist of "BUt Bush did it!" Or "But Reagan" Or, But Abraham Lincoln!
Naturally all of those comparisons are false equivalents and there are always significant differences between whatever Bush etc did and what Obama did.But since liberals consistently rate Bush as the worst president ever, what kind of defense of Obama is it to say he is acting just like Bush?
Further, something is either right or wrong on the merits. If Bush robbed banks, would that make robbing banks OK? So why this constant moral equivalence game?

Actually they aren't.

What they do set up is precedence.

And one has to wonder, since many of these actions are "BAU", why is it important at this point?

About half the posts by libs in response to any criticism of Obama consist of "BUt Bush did it!" Or "But Reagan" Or, But Abraham Lincoln!
Naturally all of those comparisons are false equivalents and there are always significant differences between whatever Bush etc did and what Obama did.
But since liberals consistently rate Bush as the worst president ever, what kind of defense of Obama is it to say he is acting just like Bush?
Further, something is either right or wrong on the merits. If Bush robbed banks, would that make robbing banks OK? So why this constant moral equivalence game?

The three major building blocks of the Democrat party....

When they get in trouble they....

1. Play the race card.
2. Use the get out of jail free card by saying Bush did it first nah nah nah...
3. Blame everything on Bush while a Senator or running for President then when elected
as President and do the same as Bush and it hits the fan.... Refer to items 1 and 2 on
my list.

Vice President Cheney did not declare himself a fourth branch of government, he declared himself as part of congress. He was correct, and the courts agreed with him. The only constutional task assigned to the vice president is to be president of the senate. The last I heard, the senate is part of congress. Why do you loons have such serious problems with getting your facts straight.

What is a political defense? And if they did nothing wrong why do they need to defend themselves? Just let the facts speak for themselves and let the people have their say in the voting booth.

Liberals dont trust people to make the right choices. That is the over-riding theme in just about all these threads.

That's the problem, I see nothing that even resembles objectivity in republican's actions. You have already made your choice just like all the rest, in your mind Obama is already impeachably guilty, it's just a matter of making it stick. None of you have even considered the possibility of honest mistakes or unforeseeable consequences, someone must be ruined over this and it must be a democrat, none of you will accept any other outcome, no matter what.

What is in my mind is not relevant to the issue. If this administration did nothing wrong, then they can put out the information necessary to establish that. Stonewalling, and hiding documents is not the way to go. The only people who will be ruined over this, and that is not really a probability, are those who did not do their jobs properly, and those who lie to congress. We don't need either in government.

Link?

No it doesnt and that's half the point. The other is selective outrage by the right. But you knew this already

There is no selective outrage. Except on the Left. The Left swore up and down Bush was a dictator like Hitler. Obama commits obvious absuses and there is dead silence.
If the Left condemned Bush why arent they condemning Obama for even worse acts?

Liberals dont trust people to make the right choices. That is the over-riding theme in just about all these threads.

That's the problem, I see nothing that even resembles objectivity in republican's actions. You have already made your choice just like all the rest, in your mind Obama is already impeachably guilty, it's just a matter of making it stick. None of you have even considered the possibility of honest mistakes or unforeseeable consequences, someone must be ruined over this and it must be a democrat, none of you will accept any other outcome, no matter what.

What is in my mind is not relevant to the issue. If this administration did nothing wrong, then they can put out the information necessary to establish that. Stonewalling, and hiding documents is not the way to go. The only people who will be ruined over this, and that is not really a probability, are those who did not do their jobs properly, and those who lie to congress. We don't need either in government.
You talking about replacing about everyone at the top. That won't do so they have to lie their way through it and make up crap to deflect the issue.

Forum List

Back