Bush debt vs. Obama debt: The issue is settled!!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Scroll down to highlighted sentence............YIKES!!! This effectively puts to rest the threads posted by the 21%ers who talk about "Bush's debt"!!!! The Bush debt is like a snowball compared to the Obama debt which is camparatively the size of a Thanksgiving Day parade float!!!

Drowning in Debt: What the Nation's Budget Woes Mean for You
Economists Predict Cutbacks, Tax Increases That 'Aren't Even Imaginable'

By DEVIN DWYER
WASHINGTON, Feb. 17, 2010
650 comments Font Size PrintRSSE-mailShare this story with friendsFacebookTwitterRedditStumbleUponMore
American political and economic leaders have sounded the alarm for years about the red ink rising in reports on the federal government's fiscal health.

David Muir looks into how the deficit has become so large.But now the problem of mounting national debt is worse than it ever has been before with -- potentially dire consequences for taxpayers, according to a report by the nonpartisan Peterson-Pew Commission on Budget Reform.

"It keeps me awake at night, looking at all that red ink," said President Obama in Nashua, N.H., on Feb. 2. "Most of it is structural and we inherited it. The only way that we are going to fix it is if both parties come together and start making some tough decisions about our long-term priorities."

Obama will sign an executive order tomorrow that establishes a bipartisan National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform to make recommendations on how to reduce the country's debt.

Over the past year alone, the amount the U.S. government owes its lenders has grown to more than half the country's entire economic output, or gross domestic product.

Even more alarming, experts say, is that those figures will climb to an unprecedented 200 percent of GDP by 2038 without a dramatic shift in course.

k00k fAiL:lol:

I'm actually surprised it has taken this long. Democrats had a super majority but they have to play politics and make us believe that they can spend more and shrink the debt if we just give them a little more on everything. They did already start with cigarettes.......There are plenty more hikes to come.

I'm actually surprised it has taken this long. Democrats had a super majority but they have to play politics and make us believe that they can spend more and shrink the debt if we just give them a little more on everything. They did already start with cigarettes.......There are plenty more hikes to come.

I say keep those staggering taxes coming.............soon enough, liberal public policy will be on display in all the local museums..........propped up in a big glass case, displayed like a relic of former era!!!

Wont have to deal with these mental cases for generations............

why is anyone surprised that taxes will go up, the fucking moron got us into 2 wars and cut taxes by a tril dollars, now you stupid fucks want to bitch , name we one Pres that cut taxes in a time of war, only Jr

Last edited:
why is anyone surprised that taxes will go up, the fucking moron got us into 2 wars and cut taxes by a tril dollars, now you stupid fucks want to bitch , name we one Pres that cut taxes in a time of war, only Jr

So while we are at war and in a recession is the time to add 200,000 people to the federal payroll, increase the debt even more and raise taxes? I don't think that is how you control the debt.

did I say that , no! Do I like what he is doing no, but you assholes seem to think this fucking mess only happened in the last year , which is total bull shit

Ummm............fAiL s0n................

The article kinda spells it out............you fcukking dummy. ( see red highlight )

Kinda stings to be the part of the political spectrum thats sinking like a stone in water, huh??!!:funnyface:

Anyone who attempts to defend Obama and the Democrat leadership's utter fiscal insanity is unworthy of the term unworthy.

Stop breeding - dig a hole, and die...

All the way back in 2006:

WASHINGTON, Feb. 6 — On paper, President Bush's budget seems to meet his promise of cutting the federal deficit in half by the time he leaves office.

But in practice, the budget is much less realistic than it appears because it omits nearly a half-trillion dollars in costs that are likely to be incurred over the next five years.

The omissions include any costs for the war in Iraq after 2007, any additional reconstruction costs for New Orleans after 2006 and any plan for preventing a huge expansion in the alternative minimum tax after the end of this year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/07/politics/07deficit.html?pagewanted=print

kook I quit reading your 3 rd grade bullshit and crappy photoshop years ago, I was talking to Sarg asswipe

Scroll down to highlighted sentence............YIKES!!! This effectively puts to rest the threads posted by the 21%ers who talk about "Bush's debt"!!!! The Bush debt is like a snowball compared to the Obama debt which is camparatively the size of a Thanksgiving Day parade float!!!

By DEVIN DWYER
650 comments Font Size PrintRSSE-mailShare this story with friendsFacebookTwitterRedditStumbleUponMore
American political and economic leaders have sounded the alarm for years about the red ink rising in reports on the federal government's fiscal health.

David Muir looks into how the deficit has become so large.But now the problem of mounting national debt is worse than it ever has been before with -- potentially dire consequences for taxpayers, according to a report by the nonpartisan Peterson-Pew Commission on Budget Reform.

"It keeps me awake at night, looking at all that red ink," said President Obama in Nashua, N.H., on Feb. 2. "Most of it is structural and we inherited it. The only way that we are going to fix it is if both parties come together and start making some tough decisions about our long-term priorities."

Obama will sign an executive order tomorrow that establishes a bipartisan National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform to make recommendations on how to reduce the country's debt.

Over the past year alone, the amount the U.S. government owes its lenders has grown to more than half the country's entire economic output, or gross domestic product.

Even more alarming, experts say, is that those figures will climb to an unprecedented 200 percent of GDP by 2038 without a dramatic shift in course.

Though I agree that the deficit is becoming a serious problem, Bush's last budget deficit was $1.2 trillion.

So what is your point?

did I say that , no! Do I like what he is doing no, but you assholes seem to think this fucking mess only happened in the last year , which is total bull shit

And all you piss holes forget that it was not Bush or Clinton or Obama or Lincoln or FDR or any president who created the debt. IT WAS THE FREAKING CONGRESS. I do blame Bush for not putting his thumb down on the Republicans when they started spending but it is CONGRESS who spends the money, not the executive branch. Same with Obama for not chastising the Democrats. The big difference between Busth and Obama and Clinton is they only suggest what should be spent and Obama has suggested tons more than any president before him. If you look at the budgets submitted by each of these presidents and what actually ended up in the official budget you will find that almost every time CONGRESS actually increased the amounts being spent.

So blame your congressmen/women. They are the culprits.

By DEVIN DWYER

Though I agree that the deficit is becoming a serious problem, Bush's last budget deficit was $1.2 trillion.

So what is your point?

Except he didn't include the cost of either war. That has been extensively reported even on Fox. So who knows what the "real" budget was? We know those wars cost more than ten dollars. Maybe 1 and a half "TRILLION" more?

200 billion of this year's deficit are lost revenues from Obama's tax cuts. You cons should love that.

I think it was close to a third of the entire package. What it proves is that "tax cuts" don't do the job. "Tax cuts" - the Republican mantra on how to fix all things. Except it doesn't work. Should that be a surprise? Considering all their success for the last decade. Hear anything from Bin Laden? A postcard from New Orleans? Well, at least they started preparations for some new nuclear power plants. Oh, wait, that was Obama. Oops, sorry. For a second, I thought they succeeded at something. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

By DEVIN DWYER

So what is your point?

Obviously, the narrative didnt light any kind of spark here...................

Perhaps this will >>>>>>>>>

FLATCHEST-1.jpg

OBAMA deficits >>>>
bigboobs.gif

getting it now s0n????

Forum List

Back