Bush debt vs. Obama debt: The issue is settled!!

200 billion of this year's deficit are lost revenues from Obama's tax cuts. You cons should love that.

I think it was close to a third of the entire package. What it proves is that "tax cuts" don't do the job. "Tax cuts" - the Republican mantra on how to fix all things. Except it doesn't work. Should that be a surprise? Considering all their success for the last decade. Hear anything from Bin Laden? A postcard from New Orleans? Well, at least they started preparations for some new nuclear power plants. Oh, wait, that was Obama. Oops, sorry. For a second, I thought they succeeded at something. My bad.

It's a hoot.

The Republicans say tax cuts are THE answer to creating jobs.

One third of Obama's stimulus package was tax cuts.

The Republicans claim the stimulus created NO jobs...

...thus, at least by their own 'logic', they claim their own idea, their ONLY idea, won't work.

Please tell us about the 1/3 of the Stimulus that were tax cuts and who they were given to.

I think it was close to a third of the entire package. What it proves is that "tax cuts" don't do the job. "Tax cuts" - the Republican mantra on how to fix all things. Except it doesn't work. Should that be a surprise? Considering all their success for the last decade. Hear anything from Bin Laden? A postcard from New Orleans? Well, at least they started preparations for some new nuclear power plants. Oh, wait, that was Obama. Oops, sorry. For a second, I thought they succeeded at something. My bad.

It's a hoot.

The Republicans say tax cuts are THE answer to creating jobs.

One third of Obama's stimulus package was tax cuts.

The Republicans claim the stimulus created NO jobs...

...thus, at least by their own 'logic', they claim their own idea, their ONLY idea, won't work.

No matter how many times links are posted showing that Bush refused to include the cost of either war, which makes his "budgets" pure fantasy, Republicans will ignore that fact. If the shout the same nonsense loud and long enough, they assume it will become fact. Only, in the "real" world, it doesn't happen that way. Besides, do they really want the American public to believe a lie? Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot. "Iraq".

And I thought lying was against their religion or something. My bad.

Hint fo the terminally stupid like rdean.....Bush is no longer President and therefore is no longer a valid argument when discussing Obama's utter failure as the leader of our Nation. When you libtards pursue the "Well Bush did it, so we can do it too." or the "We inherited this mess...it's not our fault." line of thinking you just alienate yourselves from the American people as we see with Obama's plunging poll numbers and Congresses absolute shit poll numbers.

When will you clowns ever learn that once you take that oath....YOU OWN IT!

Now instead of blaming Republicans for all of the world's ills why don't you focus your boundless energy on seeing what you can do to fix the mess we're in and send your Lord and Master Obama a few suggestions.

Novembers coming s0ns.............

then we'll see how much people care anymore about George Bush!!!!

Go ahead..........somebody ask me how much Im looking forward to election day??? LMAO.........already Im getting together my gay MSPaint Photobucket Classics to roll out on here on election night..........

I can hardly wait s0ns...................:party:

why is anyone surprised that taxes will go up, the fucking moron got us into 2 wars and cut taxes by a tril dollars, now you stupid fucks want to bitch , name we one Pres that cut taxes in a time of war, only Jr

So is anything positive in the last year attributable to bush also, like the millions of jobs obama says have been saved?

$3 Trillion Price Tag Left Out As Bush Details His Agenda (washingtonpost.com)

Funny, I was reading this article from all the way back in 2004. That's right, 2004.

The expansive agenda President Bush laid out at the Republican National Convention was missing a price tag, but administration figures show the total is likely to be well in excess of $3 trillion over a decade.

Yea, that number was "THREE TRILLION".

I've said this before. Bush spent money like a sailor on a three day leave. The Big 0 is spending money like a pimp with three days to live.

With tax revenues rolling into Washington, there is no excuse for the debt being so high. I'ts time to pay the piper. We're just about about two more Obama decisions away from becoming a banana republic.

I wonder if Europe can defend itself when the Jolly Greens have been called home due to lack of funds.

Pax Americana ends during The Big 0's folly.

200 billion of this year's deficit are lost revenues from Obama's tax cuts. You cons should love that.

Why would cons love that? Cons were angry at bush for cutting taxes without cutting spending. Why would they be happy that Obama is continuing this Bush economic stupidity?

How much spending could have been realistically cut to offset the cost of the two military excursions, especially the one in Iraq?

He shouldn't have cut taxes period. Personally, I don't even think it was a good idea for the current Prez to give out any tax cuts (as small as they were) with the way things are right now.

obama_budget_deficit_chart.jpg

Oooooooooooooooooooops!!!!!!

The 09 figure is Bush's last budget.

The US government's fiscal year begins in September of the previous year. This means that the 2009 budget began in September 2008, the last budget President Bush signed into law.

why is anyone surprised that taxes will go up, the fucking moron got us into 2 wars and cut taxes by a tril dollars, now you stupid fucks want to bitch , name we one Pres that cut taxes in a time of war, only Jr

Lyndon B. Johnson who cut taxes in 1964, Vietnam, although one must also give credit to John F. Kennedy as well for said tax cut (Kennedy's plan was passed after his death by Johnson).

Why would cons love that? Cons were angry at bush for cutting taxes without cutting spending. Why would they be happy that Obama is continuing this Bush economic stupidity?

Yep. And it got W's Daddy into trouble, and why Clinton got elected.

obama_budget_deficit_chart.jpg

Oooooooooooooooooooops!!!!!!

The 09 figure is Bush's last budget.

The US government's fiscal year begins in September of the previous year. This means that the 2009 budget began in September 2008, the last budget President Bush signed into law.

What you say is true...however...Obam's projected budget deficit for 2010 is 1.7 trillion dollars and is not reflected on that chart.

Suburban homeless: Rising tide of women, families
Feb 16 02:53 PM US/Eastern
By FRANK ELTMAN
Associated Press Writer

Chart shows rise in homelessness outside of U.S. cities and among families

ROOSEVELT, N.Y. (AP) - Homelessness in rural and suburban America is straining shelters this winter as the economy founders and joblessness hovers near double digits—a "perfect storm of foreclosures, unemployment and a shortage of affordable housing," in one official's eyes.
"We are seeing many families that never before sought government help," said Greg Blass, commissioner of Social Services in Suffolk County on eastern Long Island.

"We see a spiral in food stamps, heating assistance applications; Medicaid is skyrocketing," Blass added. "It is truly reaching a stage of being alarming."

The federal government is again counting the nation's homeless and, by many accounts, the suburban numbers continue to rise, especially for families, women, children, Latinos and men seeking help for the first time. Some have to be turned away.

"Yes, there has definitely been an increased number of turnaways this year," said Jennifer Hill, executive director of the Alliance to End Homelessness in suburban Cook County, Illinois. "We're seeing increases in shelter use along the lines of 30 percent or more."

like I said............reality is 95% peception s0ns!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol: And America now see's Obama and Co as the masters of spin!!!!

spinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!

Hey, the Republicans solution to that is, "Don't feed 'em, and they won't breed".

Starving children make the best students.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpb4nwfiaPY]YouTube - Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer : "Don't feed the poor. They'll 'breed.'" FULL AUDIO[/ame]

Notice how Republicans demand we put up links, but they rarely do. And when they do, many times the link has nothing to do with their accusation. Odd that.

meh...........go google it yourself s0n. Straw man FTL............:lol:

Not to worry, this new debt commission the obama is going to hide behind will fix all of our debt problems. Just prepare for a tax hike on everyone like America has never seen before.

Fuckin' change indeed:evil:

Your so right. This commission is nothing but cover. If things go well OL'BO will take the credit for being the genious who set it up. If they don't go well he will say, "Hey Folks I tried". The commision failed, not me. Whatta guy.

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN, bs pure and simple.

The government has been abusing our tax money since the beginning of time.

And there is nothing we can do about it.

No matter who we elect, they all waste our money and keep asking for more.

Oh please. Name the conservatives who said that Bush should NOT cut taxes, but leave them where they were, unless he made proportionate budget cuts?

Name the names. Name the conservatives in Congress who voted against Bush's tax cuts.

And while you're at it, you can name the conservatives who don't believe the Bush tax cuts should be extended unless spending cuts are also made.

1. Eliminate Medicare and Social Security. Everyone under 40 is out immediately. Everyone over 100K income and currently drawing SS and Medicare is out immediately.
2. No cost of living increases for all government retirees immediately for 5 years.
3. No raises for government workers for 5 years.
4. No hiring of any government workers for 5 years.
5. Legalize marijuana and tax it at $1500 a pound to pay off debt.
6. De criminalize all drugs.
7. Release all drug offenders in prison (drugs only offenders-50% of entire prison population)
8. NO $ ever again for the arts.
9. Fair Tax
10 Eliminate capital gains tax
That will eliminate 95% of all the debt. It will never happen because SOMEONE will object to 1 or 2 of these as "not fair".
No cry babies. The problem is many Americans are FAT AND LAZY, retired and not doing shit. Their milk is WEAK.

Oh please. Name the conservatives who said that Bush should NOT cut taxes, but leave them where they were, unless he made proportionate budget cuts?

Name the names. Name the conservatives in Congress who voted against Bush's tax cuts.

And while you're at it, you can name the conservatives who don't believe the Bush tax cuts should be extended unless spending cuts are also made.

The majority of conservatives on this forum for starters.

Forum List

Back