Bush Credits ‘The Work That Was Done’ During ‘My Presidency’ For Bin Laden’s Death

By Ben Armbruster

President Bush sat down with USA Today to discuss the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks and his role in shaping U.S. policy in their aftermath. During the interview, Bush thought he’d take the opportunity to pat himself on the back for Osama bin Laden’s death:

Bush said the events that led to the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in May began during his administration.

“The work that was done by intelligence communities during my presidency was part of putting together the puzzle that enabled us to see the full picture of how bin Laden was communicating and eventually where he was hiding,” he said. “It began the day after 9/11.”

The reality, of course, is that Bush’s attempts to capture or kill bin Laden were huge failures.

More: Bush Credits ‘The Work That Was Done’ During ‘My Presidency’ For Osama Bin Laden’s Death | ThinkProgress

In other words, Bush is trying to take credit for getting bin Laden. Laughable...

Why don't you stop boring us with shit from thinkprogress for one.
For two GROW UP. BOTH BUSH and Obama deserve credit for Bin Laden. Please try thinking for yourself AT LEAST once in awhile.

I'm more inclined to credit those who developed the intel, and those who did the deed.

By Ben Armbruster

President Bush sat down with USA Today to discuss the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks and his role in shaping U.S. policy in their aftermath. During the interview, Bush thought he’d take the opportunity to pat himself on the back for Osama bin Laden’s death:

Bush said the events that led to the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in May began during his administration.

“The work that was done by intelligence communities during my presidency was part of putting together the puzzle that enabled us to see the full picture of how bin Laden was communicating and eventually where he was hiding,” he said. “It began the day after 9/11.”

The reality, of course, is that Bush’s attempts to capture or kill bin Laden were huge failures.

More: Bush Credits ‘The Work That Was Done’ During ‘My Presidency’ For Osama Bin Laden’s Death | ThinkProgress

In other words, Bush is trying to take credit for getting bin Laden. Laughable...

For two GROW UP. BOTH BUSH and Obama deserve credit for Bin Laden. Please try thinking for yourself AT LEAST once in awhile.

I don't think that's possible for this poster to think for themselves. It's this whole new crop of liberals who just run around the net regurgitating anything they find on certain blogs.

Quite stunning. And the worse is that they actually believe they are "one upping" others whilst all the while they make fools of themselves with the obvious cut and paste with no decent commentary from other websites.

Sad really. But it does give one insight into "how the hell did that bozo in the White House ever get elected?" :lol:

I'm more inclined to credit those who developed the intel, and those who did the deed.

oh I agree there.
But this childish game that Obama "deserves" all the credit..dumb.

I don't think that's possible for this poster to think for themselves. It's this whole new crop of liberals who just run around the net regurgitating anything they find on certain blogs.

Quite stunning. And the worse is that they actually believe they are "one upping" others whilst all the while they make fools of themselves with the obvious cut and paste with no decent commentary from other websites.

Sad really. But it does give one insight into "how the hell did that bozo in the White House ever get elected?" :lol:

You hit the nail on the head with this post dear.
And that last line especially says it all. We are in deep trouble if this is the new generation of voters.

oh I agree there.
But this childish game that Obama "deserves" all the credit..dumb.

It is also childish to take shit at face value when it comes to National Security. The US media were hysterical about 9/11 - raising OBL into some kind of shadowy bogeyman, so Bush went public with a 'he's not big deal'. That didn't mean OBL was 'no big deal', it was meant more for our enemies than for a domestic audience... but idiots on the left aren't capable of logic and critical thinking. They don't analyse the 'why'. They don't question, they accept whatever suits their ideology. Don't get me wrong, the right do that too - when it suits us. But... I seriously loathe playing politics with terrorism.

It really should not be about 'who got OBL', it should be about 'We' got OBL. No individual or group - other than those who actually did the hard work - really deserve any 'credit'.

It's not an altogether unrealistic assessment.

Could you please comment on how he ended the commision to get Bin Laden a couple years after 9/11.....could ya.

All I can say is this...9/11 happened on his fucking watch. Period.

And it was planned during Clintons.
That's what the Bubblehead Community thinks, huh??

handjob.gif

April 14, 2004

"In an otherwise dry day of hearings before the 9/11 commission, one brief bit of dialogue set off a sudden flash of clarity on the basic question of how our government let disaster happen.

The revelation came this morning, when CIA Director George Tenet was on the stand. Timothy Roemer, a former Democratic congressman, asked him when he first found out about the report from the FBI's Minnesota field office that Zacarias Moussaoui, an Islamic jihadist, had been taking lessons on how to fly a 747. Tenet replied that he was briefed about the case on Aug. 23 or 24, 2001.

Roemer then asked Tenet if he mentioned Moussaoui to President Bush at one of their frequent morning briefings. Tenet replied, "I was not in briefings at this time." Bush, he noted, "was on vacation." He added that he didn't see the president at all in August 2001. During the entire month, Bush was at his ranch in Texas. "You never talked with him?" Roemer asked. "No," Tenet replied. By the way, for much of August, Tenet too was, as he put it, "on leave."

And there you have it. National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice has made a big point of the fact that Tenet briefed the president nearly every day. Yet at the peak moment of threat, the two didn't talk at all. At a time when action was needed, and orders for action had to come from the top, the man at the top was resting undisturbed."

How does Bush deserve credit? In 2005, Bush shut down the CIA’s unit dedicated to finding bin Laden in order to shift resources to Iraq.

They cannot get past this point. They cant. Only a hack would say, well....Bush at least started to look for him...(but he kind of quit).

Correct.

This was not an outcome Bush was looking to use resources for..what Bush wanted since before assuming the Presidency was to carry out the PNAC plan to attack and conquer Iraq. That's what the major focus of the Bush administrtaion was and they used 9/11 to justify that fool's errand.

How does Bush deserve credit? In 2005, Bush shut down the CIA’s unit dedicated to finding bin Laden in order to shift resources to Iraq.

They cannot get past this point. They cant. Only a hack would say, well....Bush at least started to look for him...(but he kind of quit).

Correct.

This was not an outcome Bush was looking to use resources for..what Bush wanted since before assuming the Presidency was to carry out the PNAC plan to attack and conquer Iraq. That's what the major focus of the Bush administrtaion was and they used 9/11 to justify that fool's errand.

:cuckoo:

Sooo, I guess you wingnuts are okay with the Bushes invading Iraq based on deception - TWICE.

Your thread, kimosabi, is about BinLaden.

I thought you said BinLaden didn't have anything to do with Iraq.
:eusa_eh:

Pick a topic and stay on it.

On topic of your lame-assed OP;

Strange how you dem-bulbs are quick to shift credit for all the negatives of this administration to Bush but refuse to give any for the positive (OBL).

How many years was OBL in that compound?
How many years was he under surveillance?

Now..... How many years has Obama been in office?

:eusa_shhh:

Hey, DIPSHIT.....Libyas new constitution states that their Law is Sharia....So, Obama helped enslave women also, besides handing the entire country over to Jihadi fucks who seek the US's demise, correct?
That's different. Somehow. It just is. Who are we to judge their culture?

Right, USMB lefties?

Did we invade Libya or give some aid to the people living there who requested aid? Who in Iraq asked us to destroy their country? Was there a single letter to "President you killed my cousin Bush"?

I don't see how you can compare the two. Other than one, Iraq was a "total fuck up" and Libya "wasn't.
The only difference you see is one was started by a Republican, and the other by a Democrat.

If Bush disbanded them, when did Obama restart them?

Soon after he took office, President Obama steered the U.S. on a course to end the war in Iraq and put resources back into finding bin Laden. “Shortly after I got into office,” Obama said in an interview after bin Laden’s death, “I brought [then-CIA director] Leon Panetta privately into the Oval Office and I said to him, ‘We need to redouble our efforts in hunting bin Laden down. And I want us to start putting more resources, more focus, and more urgency into that mission.’”

Same OP Link: Bush Credits ‘The Work That Was Done’ During ‘My Presidency’ For Osama Bin Laden’s Death | ThinkProgress

Obama on bin Laden: The full "60 Minutes" interview - 60 Minutes Overtime - CBS News

So Bush disbanded the CIA?

I must have missed that. Got link?

Hey, DIPSHIT.....Libyas new constitution states that their Law is Sharia....So, Obama helped enslave women also, besides handing the entire country over to Jihadi fucks who seek the US's demise, correct?
That's different. Somehow. It just is. Who are we to judge their culture?

Right, USMB lefties?

Did we invade Libya or give some aid to the people living there who requested aid? Who in Iraq asked us to destroy their country? Was there a single letter to "President you killed my cousin Bush"?

I don't see how you can compare the two. Other than one, Iraq was a "total fuck up" and Libya "wasn't.

Aiding Terrorists isn't a Fuck Up? Good one. :)

I give them both credit.

That's your right. I certainly don't. I blame Bush for the entire mess. Although not an Obama fan, I give him credit for ramping up the resources to find bin Laden. The SEALS did the rest.
Than you are a bigger fool than I thought, no wait, you are living up to our expectations, keep up the good work idiot.

By Ben Armbruster

Obama couldn't catch a cold....... no doubt Obama had little to do with getting Bin Laden.

Forum List

Back