Bush Credits ‘The Work That Was Done’ During ‘My Presidency’ For Bin Laden’s Death

As well he should.

Even Obama gave him credit for his role, and Bush and Cheney have said favorable things about Obama in this regard.

So I'm not seeing what the problem here is, other than your extreme partisanship.

Bush did invest a lot of money into improving SPecial Operations groups.

Bush did invest money in the new version blackhawks with the stealth capability.

Bush did invest the money in the intelligence aparatus to smoke these guys out.

I give Obama credit, too. He didn't play to his base of Code Pink Appeasement types who thought that our best approach to terrorism is a profound apology to Muslims for being Christian.

Fucking right wing loser pigs saying the same lying shit over and over again. Doncha get a thrill when Muslims hang some gays? After all, it was Republicans, working with Iraqis who crafted a constitution that enslaved the women of Iraq. Republicans tore down Iraq;s old government when no one asked for them to do that. They held guns to the heads of the Iraqi people. They could have made them write any constitution they wanted, but NOOOOO. They helped them craft a far, right wing religious theocracy based on Islam. The fuckers.
Then they have the nerve to say the left gives in to the radical Muslims. Even the oil has gone to China. It was Republicans who let Bin Laden go and ignored him for years.

If I believed in conspiracy, the way the right has fucked up this country, made Iraq friends with Iran, enslaved the women of Iraq and let Bin Laden go, to an outsider, it would look like they were working together.

you seem tense

By Ben Armbruster

President Bush sat down with USA Today to discuss the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks and his role in shaping U.S. policy in their aftermath. During the interview, Bush thought he’d take the opportunity to pat himself on the back for Osama bin Laden’s death:

Bush said the events that led to the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in May began during his administration.

“The work that was done by intelligence communities during my presidency was part of putting together the puzzle that enabled us to see the full picture of how bin Laden was communicating and eventually where he was hiding,” he said. “It began the day after 9/11.”

The reality, of course, is that Bush’s attempts to capture or kill bin Laden were huge failures.

More: Bush Credits ‘The Work That Was Done’ During ‘My Presidency’ For Osama Bin Laden’s Death | ThinkProgress

In other words, Bush is trying to take credit for getting bin Laden. Laughable...

Actually, I don't see it as laughable at all. While Bin Laden was not taken down during Bush's tenure, intelligence was being gathered and used to help get us closer to finding him. It really was just a matter of time, and that time happened to come about during Obama's administration. I give them both credit.

I give them both credit.

That's your right. I certainly don't. I blame Bush for the entire mess. Although not an Obama fan, I give him credit for ramping up the resources to find bin Laden. The SEALS did the rest.

I give them both credit.

That's your right. I certainly don't. I blame Bush for the entire mess. Although not an Obama fan, I give him credit for ramping up the resources to find bin Laden. The SEALS did the rest.
So, it's quite obvious you have no clue as to what went on to get Bin Laden.

And all we really need to know to tell the full story, is that Bush was one of the first people Obama called after the raid, dumbass.......And there is reasons for that, that nobody will ever know.

And all we really need to know to tell the full story, is that Bush was one of the first people Obama called after the raid, dumbass.......And there is reasons for that, that nobody will ever know.

It makes perfect sense to me why Obama called Bush.

BTW, why are you always such a hateful, foul-mouthed Neanderthal? You've been that way on every message board I've ever seen you on. Does flipping burgers make you mean?

It makes perfect sense to me why Obama called Bush.

BTW, why are you always such a hateful, foul-mouthed Neanderthal? You've been that way on every message board I've ever seen you on. Does flipping burgers make you mean?
BTW, cry me a fuckin' river!:boohoo:

Actually, I don't see it as laughable at all. While Bin Laden was not taken down during Bush's tenure, intelligence was being gathered and used to help get us closer to finding him. It really was just a matter of time, and that time happened to come about during Obama's administration. I give them both credit.

Does anyone here really dispute this?

Bush had seven years to get Bin Laden. He failed. Instead, he invaded a nation that had nothing to do with 9-11, and had no WMD.

Bush's own statements about Bin Laden, and his failure to get him, are accurate enough to damn his statements of today.

Bush had seven years to get Bin Laden. He failed. Instead, he invaded a nation that had nothing to do with 9-11, and had no WMD.

Bush's own statements about Bin Laden, and his failure to get him, are accurate enough to damn his statements of today.

Right on! We have historical facts! Praise Gawd and Amen!

Yeah, yeah yeah, and Algore doesn't give you raging hard-ons whenever he lispelly speaks to you GW moonbats.

Go to bed, old man....The home's got Malto-meal for ya' to gum for breakfast when ya' get up....Hoooooody hooooooo!:woohoo:

lone_ranger_tonto_creek_to_me_265945.jpg

So your pissed because he had the "gall" to thank intelligence communities for the work that was done on his watch? Work that did help lead to OBL's capture?

Did I say I was pissed? He had to thank someone else - because he had nothing to do with it.

Ok then. With that attitude, from the moment Obama stepped into office Obama owned the killing of Osama. He didn't inherit a damn thing from Bush according to your thought process.

Then from the moment Nancy Pelosi became Speaker of the House, the Dems owned the economy.

And from the moment Obama stepped into the Oval Office he owned the economy and the nightmare job losses.

He didn't inherit a damn thing from Bush. You can't have it both ways. Either one administration's policies good or bad morph into the next administrations, or they don't.

You are saying that none of Bush's policies helped kill Bin Laden. Ergo, none of Bush's policies have created the economic climate of today.

:lol:

Sometimes I swear when I read your OP's that you are actually a conservative just playing the part of a partisan liberal hack to make people hate liberals and to detest Obama.

If that's really the case, may I compliment you on doing a fine job of making me hate liberals on a daily basis.

By Ben Armbruster

President Bush sat down with USA Today to discuss the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks and his role in shaping U.S. policy in their aftermath. During the interview, Bush thought he’d take the opportunity to pat himself on the back for Osama bin Laden’s death:

Bush said the events that led to the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in May began during his administration.

“The work that was done by intelligence communities during my presidency was part of putting together the puzzle that enabled us to see the full picture of how bin Laden was communicating and eventually where he was hiding,” he said. “It began the day after 9/11.”

The reality, of course, is that Bush’s attempts to capture or kill bin Laden were huge failures.

More: Bush Credits ‘The Work That Was Done’ During ‘My Presidency’ For Osama Bin Laden’s Death | ThinkProgress

In other words, Bush is trying to take credit for getting bin Laden. Laughable...

Why don't you stop boring us with shit from thinkprogress for one.
For two GROW UP. BOTH BUSH and Obama deserve credit for Bin Laden. Please try thinking for yourself AT LEAST once in awhile.

Bush Credits ‘The Work That Was Done’ During ‘My Presidency’ For Bin Laden’s Death

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejph4LBdmmc]WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld etc. - THE ULTIMATE CLIP - YouTube[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not an altogether unrealistic assessment.

Could you please comment on how he ended the commision to get Bin Laden a couple years after 9/11.....could ya.

All I can say is this...9/11 happened on his fucking watch. Period.

And it was planned during Clintons. What does this acheive? Nothing. Neither the Republicans or the Democrats were responsible for 9/11. Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats "got" Osama Bin Laden.

Presidents are paid employees, they do the bidding of 'we, the People'. These "achievements" belong to America... all of us.... not one man, or one party.

Truth hurts only the partisan assholes.

Forum List

Back