Burning American Flag....

What Are Your Thoughts On Burning the American Flag?

• Unacceptable

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Acceptable as a form of Freedom of Speech (Expression)

Votes: 39 56.5%

• Total voters

Go and lay your hand on a Steeler Fan, and I think you'll finally understand...........

I'm one of those bigoted pieces of shit............so called Christians........................

When it comes from them.........I'll gladly accept that award from the Idiot left................Anyone who openly disgraces the flag, burns it, shits on it...............Deserve NO RESPECT FROM ME.........................

If they don't like that comment........................Complaints are being taken in the 3rd port-o-let on the right...........In the Basement................
IMO anyone that wants to harm gays by accusing them of dividing the county cause they wanted to have marriage rights... those are the ones burning the Flag and everything it stands for. If you won't protect gays from harm by the christian mob... FYI I'm not left. I'm conservative christian... but I don't believe in harming others just because they are weak. But I'm guessing YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.
Where have I said I'm going to harm the fags.......................

Do I agree with them getting married? Nope...............Just as I don't agree with people burning our flags.............

They say it's Freedom to do so............I'm using my Freedom to tell them to Fuck Off.............If you don't like that..........Join them.
I see so you won't defend religious freedom, you won't defend liberty. Not defending the weak does harm them. Example: Child crossing the street car coming ... do you pick the child up or let the child get run over?
I served 10 years...........how about you................

I've never gone out to harm the weak, it is just a BS deflection. I've stated I don't agree with them getting married................I've stated I'm against burning the flag...............

But now it's I'd let kids get run over in comparison to their movement to you..............Are you Fing drunk.
Zero. My prime years were between Vietnam and the first Gulf War. There was no real reason to join up. However the military used/uses my work product and has been well funded through my taxes paid. So I did contribute in those ways. I honor your service. But I do not honor your personal and vicious political attack on weak groups out of religious bigotry or any other excuse you have. You want to divide the country for religious reasons? Fine.. you should expect people to burn your flag then.

As for your inability to understand my question about the child... Did you have a head injury? I asked you a question can you or can you not answer the question? You do know what a question is don't you? Hint... questions end with a question mark. They look like this: '?'

Last edited:

Go and lay your hand on a Steeler Fan, and I think you'll finally understand...........

Not to be offensive, that's a really shitty song. I don't mean it's message which is predictable, it jsut sounds very generic.

An "Authoritarian" favors obedience to "authority" often a government. The Flag is a symbol of the NATION.

The authoritarains (those who worship heavyhanded authority) are those who have already self-identified as vowing assault on flag burners. There were, last I looked, at least three of them here.

A "bigot" is intolerant of those holding different opinions. Just because someone is willing to beat up some anti-american who burns a flag, doesn't mean they aren't generally tolerant of other ideas.

You're quoting an old version. "BIgot" does work there -- nobody ever claimed a bigot has to be intolerant of ALL ideas. That would be -- think about it --- impossible.

I edited "bigot" to "bouncer". Whatever, you get the idea.

You seem to be choosing words based on them sounding negative, rather than making a serious or honest point.

When the point is negative, the description will be negative. When it's positive the description will be positive. Knowing how to write is cool.

See? I just did a positive.

"Fetish"?

You're unfamiliar with the term? How 'bout "idolatry"?
Lemme show you exactly what it looks like:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag"

Get that? I don't pledge allegiance to the country or the Constitution or a concept ---- I pledge to a FLAG. I worship, defend, die for and beat up those who disrespect... a piece of cloth.

That's what I call fetishism.

Nothing says as much about the greatness of our country as allowing people to burn our flag without retribution

An "Authoritarian" favors obedience to "authority" often a government. The Flag is a symbol of the NATION.

The authoritarains (those who worship heavyhanded authority) are those who have already self-identified as vowing assault on flag burners. There were, last I looked, at least three of them here.

A "bigot" is intolerant of those holding different opinions. Just because someone is willing to beat up some anti-american who burns a flag, doesn't mean they aren't generally tolerant of other ideas.

You're quoting an old version. "BIgot" does work there -- nobody ever claimed a bigot has to be intolerant of ALL ideas. That would be -- think about it --- impossible.

I edited "bigot" to "bouncer". Whatever, you get the idea.

You seem to be choosing words based on them sounding negative, rather than making a serious or honest point.

When the point is negative, the description will be negative. When it's positive the description will be positive. Knowing how to write is cool.

See? I just did a positive.

"Fetish"?

You're unfamiliar with the term? How 'bout "idolatry"?
Lemme show you exactly what it looks like:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag"

Get that? I don't pledge allegiance to the country or the Constitution or a concept ---- I pledge to a FLAG. I worship, defend, die for and beat up those who disrespect... a piece of cloth.

1. These supposed Authoritarians, what or who's Authority are they defending with this hypothetical beating of an Anti-American?

2. Re:bigot. No, I don't get the idea. Being pissed off that some asshole is burning an American flag indicated nothing negative about someone.

3. But your description is not accurate.

4. Funny you didn't post the whole sentence. "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Kind of inaccurate of you again.

I'm one of those bigoted pieces of shit............so called Christians........................

When it comes from them.........I'll gladly accept that award from the Idiot left................Anyone who openly disgraces the flag, burns it, shits on it...............Deserve NO RESPECT FROM ME.........................

If they don't like that comment........................Complaints are being taken in the 3rd port-o-let on the right...........In the Basement................
IMO anyone that wants to harm gays by accusing them of dividing the county cause they wanted to have marriage rights... those are the ones burning the Flag and everything it stands for. If you won't protect gays from harm by the christian mob... FYI I'm not left. I'm conservative christian... but I don't believe in harming others just because they are weak. But I'm guessing YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Do I agree with them getting married? Nope...............Just as I don't agree with people burning our flags.............

They say it's Freedom to do so............I'm using my Freedom to tell them to Fuck Off.............If you don't like that..........Join them.
I see so you won't defend religious freedom, you won't defend liberty. Not defending the weak does harm them. Example: Child crossing the street car coming ... do you pick the child up or let the child get run over?

I've never gone out to harm the weak, it is just a BS deflection. I've stated I don't agree with them getting married................I've stated I'm against burning the flag...............

But now it's I'd let kids get run over in comparison to their movement to you..............Are you Fing drunk.
Zero. My prime years were between Vietnam and the first Gulf War. There was no real reason to join up. However the military used/uses my work product and has been well funded through my taxes paid. So I did contribute in those ways. I honor your service. But I do not honor your personal and vicious political attack on weak groups out of religious bigotry or any other excuse you have. You want to divide the country for religious reasons? Fine.. you should expect people to burn your flag then.

As for your inability to understand my question about the child... Did you have a head injury? I asked you a question can you or can you not answer the question? You do know what a question is don't you? Hint... questions end with a question mark. They look like this: '?'
I understand your question.....................and if I want to post with........................................then I'll do so....................

I said it's not the same thing......................Again.........I repeat....................I state my opinions and beliefs openly.........I don't like all the PC BS.

I don't believe in same sex marriage.............which sure as hell doesn't mean that I'm burning them at the stake..............and I don't agree with burning the flag...Many have died for this country.........and the Flag represents or nation..........and burning it is pissing on the people who have fought and died for it............If you don't agree..........THEN SO BE IT..................

If your upset.........the basement is open for complaints still.

Not to be offensive, that's a really shitty song. I don't mean it's message which is predictable, it jsut sounds very generic.

Some people love Charlie Daniels. Some don't. It's just the way it is..............No problem.

I don't mind Charlie Daniels, that's just a bad song.

That's your opinion.......and not mine.............it was posted as a political message as you know.

Some people love Charlie Daniels. Some don't. It's just the way it is..............No problem.

I don't mind Charlie Daniels, that's just a bad song.

That's your opinion.......and not mine.............it was posted as a political message as you know.

Fair enough.

I understand your question.....................and if I want to post with........................................then I'll do so....................

I said it's not the same thing......................Again.........I repeat....................I state my opinions and beliefs openly.........I don't like all the PC BS.

I don't believe in same sex marriage.............which sure as hell doesn't mean that I'm burning them at the stake..............and I don't agree with burning the flag...Many have died for this country.........and the Flag represents or nation..........and burning it is pissing on the people who have fought and died for it............If you don't agree..........THEN SO BE IT..................

I don't like the PC BS either. I respect that opinion, but I do not respect any man that will not defend the weak from harm.

I used to be against same sex marriage. I grew up to realize it was just plain bigotry that put me in that place.

I don't agree with burning our flag... but to be honest IMO the democrats have despoiled it. But yes, you burn it in front of me you better run as I will defend it. I understand and respect your feelings about the flag... I hold them as well. Let's say i'm conflicted because of what the democrats, republicans, and in particular this POTUS has done to this country. I don't respect your decision to defend cloth while not defending flesh merely because you think that flesh is sinful. What did jesus say about throwing stones? What did he do? Did he defend the lady? Respect is earned no?

I don't like the PC BS either. I respect that opinion, but I do not respect any man that will not defend the weak from harm.

I used to be against same sex marriage. I grew up to realize it was just plain bigotry that put me in that place.

I don't agree with burning our flag... but to be honest IMO the democrats have despoiled it. But yes, you burn it in front of me you better run as I will defend it. I understand and respect your feelings about the flag... I hold them as well. Let's say i'm conflicted because of what the democrats, republicans, and in particular this POTUS has done to this country. I don't respect your decision to defend cloth while not defending flesh merely because you think that flesh is sinful. What did jesus say about throwing stones? What did he do? Did he defend the lady? Respect is earned no?
I said I don't agree with them getting married.................That is my belief.................We disagree there.......

That is not saying that I'd stand by and watch a weak person getting his brains beat out. Even if he or she is something I don't agree with........It is not the same............and if you think I'm attacking the weak because I don't agree. Then so be it.

I said I don't agree with them getting married.................That is my belief.................We disagree there.......

That is not saying that I'd stand by and watch a weak person getting his brains beat out. Even if he or she is something I don't agree with........It is not the same............and if you think I'm attacking the weak because I don't agree. Then so be it.
Pretty simple for me.

Two consenting adults say they love each and want to get married. You won't defend their right to get married if they are "gay.." right? If not then you are not defending the weak... you are defending the majority's power to harm those two consenting adults.

You don't have to be gay to defend their right to get married.

If you don't think consenting adults should have the right to get married... well all least your being consistent. But if you do believe heteros have said right but gays do not.. well then you are a bigot who will not defend the weak from harm no?

Pretty simple for me.

Two consenting adults say they love each and want to get married. You won't defend their right to get married if they are "gay.." right? If not then you are not defending the weak... you are defending the majority's power to harm those two consenting adults.

If you don't think consenting adults should have the right to get married... well all least your being consistent. But if you do believe heteros have said right but gays do not.. well then you are a bigot who will not defend the weak from harm no?
To me being called a bigot..............means...............:anj_stfu:. I don't agree with it..................If you think it's wrong for me to disagree with it.............That's your problem and not mine.

1. These supposed Authoritarians, what or who's Authority are they defending with this hypothetical beating of an Anti-American?

Excellent question. I myself posed the same question to those same authoritarian goons. I asked for a link to any SCOTUS ruling that said physical assault was a valid form of free speech.

I got crickets on that question.

Is there a Crickets clause in the Constitution? I can't find it. :crybaby:

2. Re:bigot. No, I don't get the idea. Being pissed off that some asshole is burning an American flag indicated nothing negative about someone.

But threatening to visit physical assault upon them did. That's the conclusion of that point that somehow you stopped short of.

3. But your description is not accurate.

Of course it is. It's MY point -- how could it not be accurate? If it typed out wrong --- I'd change it until it's right.

4. Funny you didn't post the whole sentence. "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

And you'll notice which one gets top billing, and which one is an afterthought. The direct object: "flag". The supporting cast doesn't even appear onstage until a following sentence.

And that's because it was written as a marketing ploy, literally. To sell flags to schools.
So if we pledge to any idea, ultimately we pledge to crass commercialism. Be proud. :salute:

You'll also notice that you're whining about not quoting the entire point ---- which is exactly what you just did above in point 2.

Oops.

The radical left brought the issue to the Supreme Court and the court ruled that burning the Flag is covered by the 1st Amendment. Case freaking closed.

Pretty simple for me.

To me being called a bigot..............means...............:anj_stfu:. I don't agree with it..................If you think it's wrong for me to disagree with it.............That's your problem and not mine.
Nah.. if you don't support gay marriage but do support heterosexual marriage, then by definition of the word.. you are a bigot. That's just a plain fact. It's no different really than the prior groups who were bigoted against jews, blacks, etc. It's outright bigotry against gay people. No?

Forum List

Back