Burning American Flag....

What Are Your Thoughts On Burning the American Flag?

• Unacceptable

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Acceptable as a form of Freedom of Speech (Expression)

Votes: 39 56.5%

• Total voters
I understand your question.....................and if I want to post with........................................then I'll do so....................

I said it's not the same thing......................Again.........I repeat....................I state my opinions and beliefs openly.........I don't like all the PC BS.

I don't believe in same sex marriage.............which sure as hell doesn't mean that I'm burning them at the stake..............and I don't agree with burning the flag...Many have died for this country.........and the Flag represents or nation..........and burning it is pissing on the people who have fought and died for it............If you don't agree..........THEN SO BE IT..................

If your upset.........the basement is open for complaints still.
I don't like the PC BS either. I respect that opinion, but I do not respect any man that will not defend the weak from harm.

I used to be against same sex marriage. I grew up to realize it was just plain bigotry that put me in that place.

I don't agree with burning our flag... but to be honest IMO the democrats have despoiled it. But yes, you burn it in front of me you better run as I will defend it. I understand and respect your feelings about the flag... I hold them as well. Let's say i'm conflicted because of what the democrats, republicans, and in particular this POTUS has done to this country. I don't respect your decision to defend cloth while not defending flesh merely because you think that flesh is sinful. What did jesus say about throwing stones? What did he do? Did he defend the lady? Respect is earned no?
I said I don't agree with them getting married.................That is my belief.................We disagree there.......

That is not saying that I'd stand by and watch a weak person getting his brains beat out. Even if he or she is something I don't agree with........It is not the same............and if you think I'm attacking the weak because I don't agree. Then so be it.
Pretty simple for me.

Two consenting adults say they love each and want to get married. You won't defend their right to get married if they are "gay.." right? If not then you are not defending the weak... you are defending the majority's power to harm those two consenting adults.

You don't have to be gay to defend their right to get married.

If you don't think consenting adults should have the right to get married... well all least your being consistent. But if you do believe heteros have said right but gays do not.. well then you are a bigot who will not defend the weak from harm no?
To me being called a bigot..............means...............:anj_stfu:. I don't agree with it..................If you think it's wrong for me to disagree with it.............That's your problem and not mine.
Nah.. if you don't support gay marriage but do support heterosexual marriage, then by definition of the word.. you are a bigot. That's just a plain fact. It's no different really than the prior groups who were bigoted against jews, blacks, etc. It's outright bigotry against gay people. No?
How many times do I have to tell you that it is my opinion and not changing................No.................

If you think I'm a bigot then so be it..................It doesn't change the price of rice in China to me.

images

First off. I don't agree with everything our government does. That said...

The flag is not out government and I will feel free to turn my back on any troubles someone who does burn the flag might have if I know they've burnt the flag.

*****SMILE*****

:)

That would be a first amendment right.

images

That extends to my turning my back on the flag burner if they become a public official attempting to get me to vote for a tax increase sometime in the future or if they're getting the crap beat out of them because they offended someone or... (Add any instance you want when they're having trouble sometime in the future after they've done their little flag burning act)

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I don't like the PC BS either. I respect that opinion, but I do not respect any man that will not defend the weak from harm.

I used to be against same sex marriage. I grew up to realize it was just plain bigotry that put me in that place.

I don't agree with burning our flag... but to be honest IMO the democrats have despoiled it. But yes, you burn it in front of me you better run as I will defend it. I understand and respect your feelings about the flag... I hold them as well. Let's say i'm conflicted because of what the democrats, republicans, and in particular this POTUS has done to this country. I don't respect your decision to defend cloth while not defending flesh merely because you think that flesh is sinful. What did jesus say about throwing stones? What did he do? Did he defend the lady? Respect is earned no?
I said I don't agree with them getting married.................That is my belief.................We disagree there.......

That is not saying that I'd stand by and watch a weak person getting his brains beat out. Even if he or she is something I don't agree with........It is not the same............and if you think I'm attacking the weak because I don't agree. Then so be it.
Pretty simple for me.

Two consenting adults say they love each and want to get married. You won't defend their right to get married if they are "gay.." right? If not then you are not defending the weak... you are defending the majority's power to harm those two consenting adults.

If you don't think consenting adults should have the right to get married... well all least your being consistent. But if you do believe heteros have said right but gays do not.. well then you are a bigot who will not defend the weak from harm no?
To me being called a bigot..............means...............:anj_stfu:. I don't agree with it..................If you think it's wrong for me to disagree with it.............That's your problem and not mine.
Nah.. if you don't support gay marriage but do support heterosexual marriage, then by definition of the word.. you are a bigot. That's just a plain fact. It's no different really than the prior groups who were bigoted against jews, blacks, etc. It's outright bigotry against gay people. No?
How many times do I have to tell you that it is my opinion and not changing................No.................

If you think I'm a bigot then so be it..................It doesn't change the price of rice in China to me.
Ok. So you embrace your bigotry. Gratz on that. Yes or no, do you defend the right of gays to get married or not. Do you defend the weak or do you walk on by as they are being harmed.

By the way, fun fact:
Here's a complete list of all the countries in the world that have a pledge of allegiance:

1. United States of America
  2. The Phillipines

{End of list}

That might tell you something.

Pretty simple for me.

Ok. So you embrace your bigotry. Gratz on that. Yes or no, do you defend the right of gays to get married or not. Do you defend the weak or do you walk on by as they are being harmed.
Broken record..................Are gays weak.....................I've stated time and time again I don't defend them getting married. I don't believe in it..........and again if a weak person were getting their brains beat in by a mob..........No I would not walk by................

How many times do I have to post the same opinion over and over again...........................I don't agree with it...........and if you say, "YOUR A BIGOT"...........then whatever floats your boat guy.

The pledge is a joke, anyway. Texans, for example, start every school day with it for twelve years, and then spend the rest of their lives advocating succession.

"...one nation, indivisible...."

Pretty simple for me.

Broken record..................Are gays weak.....................I've stated time and time again I don't defend them getting married. I don't believe in it..........and again if a weak person were getting their brains beat in by a mob..........No I would not walk by................

How many times do I have to post the same opinion over and over again...........................I don't agree with it...........and if you say, "YOUR A BIGOT"...........then whatever floats your boat guy.
Ok fine. Asked and answered.

I take back my statement that I honor your service. I will not honor any man that will not defend the rights of others. I only honor those who defend the rights of others, esp. the weak... you make me want to puke. Can I have my money back? I can't believe I'm being forced to fund the salary of a bigoted soldier that will not defend the weak.

Is the left trying to compare the 1st Amendment "right" of freedom of speech deface the U.S. Flag to the decision that removed the other 1st Amendment right to religious freedom regarding sodomite unions?

I take back my statement that I honor your service. I will not honor any man that will not defend the rights of others. I only honor those who defend the rights of others, esp. the weak... you make me want to puke.
Do you need a barf bag...........Bye Bye..........

:itsok:

I take back my statement that I honor your service. I will not honor any man that will not defend the rights of others. I only honor those who defend the rights of others, esp. the weak... you make me want to puke.
Do you need a barf bag...........Bye Bye..........

:itsok:
You need a tissue?

I would rather live in a country that allows you to burn their flag than one that doesn't

I never figured Brown as a gay guy..............Just making assumptions........................He's hard core for the current issue............
:disbelief:

I never figured Brown as a gay guy..............Just making assumptions........................He's hard core for the current issue............
Not gay.. but I do have a gay brother in law. Hard core? I'm hard core on liberty, period. Authoritarians who want to push their religious views on others... piss me off hard core. And yes I'm christian. Salty... but christian nonetheless.

Not gay.. but I do have a gay brother in law. Hard core? I'm hard core on liberty, period. Authoritarians who want to push their religious views on others... piss me off hard core. And yes I'm christian. Salty... but christian nonetheless.
I have a problem with someone demanding that I agree with you on my opinions. I'm not the only one in this country who disagrees with it either. California, a VERY LIBERAL STATE, passed via election forcing the court battle over it............It would get even worse results in a nation wide voting on it............More disagree with you than agree with you in this country...............

Again, PC BS................I don't agree so you must tell me to :anj_stfu:...........aka call me a bigot.

I have a problem with someone demanding that I agree with you on my opinions. I'm not the only one in this country who disagrees with it either. California, a VERY LIBERAL STATE, passed via election forcing the court battle over it............It would get even worse results in a nation wide voting on it............More disagree with you than agree with you in this country...............

Again, PC BS................I don't agree so you must tell me to :anj_stfu:...........aka call me a bigot.
Where did I demand you agree with me?
You are a bigot, by the definition of the word. Embrace it cause that's what you are. You are bigoted against gays... plain and simple.

As for your California example.... that was a long time back. If that vote was held today it would be flip/flopped by a large margin.

But still.. here you are again pushing that the majority should have the right to harm minority groups... That makes you a bully.. An Authoritarian.. throwing rocks. In my eyes you are a coward. And yes I understand the irony that you will see in me... saying so.

Where did I demand you agree with me?
You are a bigot, by the definition of the word. Embrace it cause that's what you are. You are bigoted against gays... plain and simple.

As for your California example.... that was a long time back. If that vote was held today it would be flip/flopped by a large margin.

But still.. here you are again pushing that the majority should have the right to harm minority groups... That makes you a bully.. An Authoritarian.. throwing rocks. In my eyes you are a coward.
Doubt the flip flop. And doubt that your argument would hold water if it were put to a national vote...............

The record stands that the majority of California voted against it...........It took the Courts to flip their opinions.........
If it came up to a vote, I'd vote against gay getting married.............as would most of America...............Again, it is my opinion and your calling me names CHANGES NOTHING FOR ME........................

Does it make you feel better now................So your brother is gay...........aka brother n law is gay............

1. These supposed Authoritarians, what or who's Authority are they defending with this hypothetical beating of an Anti-American?

Excellent question. I myself posed the same question to those same authoritarian goons. I asked for a link to any SCOTUS ruling that said physical assault was a valid form of free speech.

I got crickets on that question.

Is there a Crickets clause in the Constitution? I can't find it. :crybaby:

2. Re:bigot. No, I don't get the idea. Being pissed off that some asshole is burning an American flag indicated nothing negative about someone.

But threatening to visit physical assault upon them did. That's the conclusion of that point that somehow you stopped short of.

3. But your description is not accurate.

Of course it is. It's MY point -- how could it not be accurate? If it typed out wrong --- I'd change it until it's right.

4. Funny you didn't post the whole sentence. "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

And you'll notice which one gets top billing, and which one is an afterthought. The direct object: "flag". The supporting cast doesn't even appear onstage until a following sentence.

And that's because it was written as a marketing ploy, literally. To sell flags to schools.
So if we pledge to any idea, ultimately we pledge to crass commercialism. Be proud. :salute:

You'll also notice that you're whining about not quoting the entire point ---- which is exactly what you just did above in point 2.

Oops.

1. So they are NOT authoritarians. So, your description of them is inaccurate. As I said, you seem to just be choosing words with negative connotations, not ones that actually fit.

2. NOpe. Being pissed off to the point of violence still in no way indicates that they might not have been willing to tolerate any/most/all other differences of opinion.

3. YOu are describing other people, and you are just picking words based on being negative, not accurate.

4. Mentioning what a symbol symbolizes is hardly an "Afterthought".

WHERE_R_MY_KEYS SAID:

"Well there's your answer... if what one does provokes another to anger, then there is no potential for a right to whatever that is."

At least you're consistent at being ignorant and wrong.

That a form of protected speech or expression – such as burning the American flag – might provoke anger in no way mitigates the First Amendment right.

To me, while it just a piece of fabric, it is our nation's flag, and in my opinion, if you are wanting to make some kind of statement, there are a million other ways to make that statement. What difference will burning anything make?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back