Buh Bye Obamacare

that is the entire issue. it's the force part. Mandate part. you know government controlling you.
You wait until this October's enrollment period....you will beg for ACA's mandate, your premies are gonna hit the roof and you heard it hear first.
Only leftists beg for taxes
And only right winged neo cons think the rich are the only deserving of tax breaks.....dude get a life
Middle class got a tax cut. You should educate yourself
Not really, by the time healthcare premiums increase, the cost of goods and services hike up with the tariff war looming, gas and most states imposing service tax....that 2 grand is a bust!!
There is no mandate anymore so who gives a shit?

that is the entire issue. it's the force part. Mandate part. you know government controlling you.
You wait until this October's enrollment period....you will beg for ACA's mandate, your premies are gonna hit the roof and you heard it hear first.
I don’t buy insurance never have never will
So your' the dead beat that run to ER when you have a broken hang nail...gotcha...tax pig
So you want Donald Trump to be in charge of health care?
His words, not mine:

And only right winged neo cons think the rich are the only deserving of tax breaks.....dude get a life
Not really, by the time healthcare premiums increase, the cost of goods and services hike up with the tariff war looming, gas and most states imposing service tax....that 2 grand is a bust!!

The mandate was the least of the problems from Obamacare. It was the shiny object to keep people like you distracted from the damage that it is doing to our healthcare system.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The mandate was the least of the problems from Obamacare. It was the shiny object to keep people like you distracted from the damage that it is doing to our healthcare system.

I don’t buy insurance never have for me and my family. Because I realize insurance is not healthcare… It’s best just to pay out-of-pocket

I don’t buy insurance never have for me and my family. Because I realize insurance is not healthcare… It’s best just to pay out-of-pocket

Yes. It's amazing how cheap it gets when one is paying cash and there is no insurance involved. I had one bill drop from around $22,000 to around $600. lol aspirins don't cost $200 after all ...

And yet one more non sequitur from you. Do you even bother to read what is written or do you just have canned responses that you copy and paste into a thread?

The fact is that Roberts was not legislating from the bench. Obamacare was legally passed by Congress. It should not have come down to whether it is a tax or not. You are not good at all.
The Obama Lawyers argued that it was a punitive fine for those who refused to buy Obamacare, which was Un-Constitutional. It was the USSC's job to take thr argument presented by the WH lawyers and rule on it AS IS.

INSTEAD, Roberts HIMSELF - as a USSC Justice - over-stepped his authority to CHANGE the argument of the WH Lawyers by declaring if it was a TAX it would be legal. Changing the argument of a lawyer appearing before the USSC to be heard by the USSC was / is NOT the job of the Justices, but - again - that is what Roberts did. Kennedy said as much in his comments .

Once it was decided it was a TAX, the hearing should have immediately been halted, as precedence had established that a USSC hearing could NOT be held on the Constitutionality of a tax UNTIL AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT THAT TAX HAD BEEN MADE.

Once again, as Kennedy pointed out, Roberts ignored precedence to go ahead with the hearing and issue the ruling it was ok.

WHY did Roberts 'save' Obamacare by changing the Obama/WH Lawyers' argument/case and by going ahead with a ruling - especially when Roberts and the Justices had demonstrated earlier (by refusing to stand when Obama entered chambers in Congress to give a speech during a time when Obama was 'attacking' the USSC) that they would not be intimidated or bullied?

Some believe he was blackmailed by the Obama administration. He and his wife were attempting to adopt a foreign girl, and it had been reported that her paperwork had been delayed due to bureaucratic issues. Funny, not long after his ruling the paperwork problem with the adoption cleared up, and they were able to adopt the little girl. I am sure that was just a coincidence, though...

did the middle class receive a tax cut. I did, 2000 a year. I'll take it. dude, you can pay more if you like, but that would be at your discretion. And, if my fellow americans keep jobs, I'm happy to spend my extra 2000 on products that support american made. I see you are a commie chink!

Last edited:
Voters want the law fixed. They do not want it repealed. Schumer is wrong but he is closer to what voters want than Republicans are.

Yeah, that's why the GOP has the house and senate....oh wait.

The voters are seeing what that means and they do not like it. According to the latest Fox poll, Trump's approvals went up and so did the margin the Democrats have in the generic poll for Congress. One of the major reasons was to put a check on Republicans.

Nothing has happened yet.

The elections are still five months out.

There is no "reason", just your wishful thinking.

You are the one who is whistling in the graveyard. The primaries show more Democrat enthusiasm for the midterms than Republicans.

You are six months out.

Trump couldn't win.

Suck on that.

Suck on the fact that we have actual voting data that goes with the polling. In Georgia, Democrats made up 48% of the voters vs 35 four years ago. In 2 NJ House seats held by Republicans, Democrats outnumbered Republicans. In Virginia, Republicans have a certified disaster on their hands with Corey Stewart winning the Senate nomination for Republicans.

2016 is not a election that you can draw conclusions from. Clinton and Trump had high negatives and voters were clearly unhappy with the choices. The polls showed that Anyone but Clinton had a double digit lead over Trump. Anybody but Trump did better against Clinton. One poll showed that Obama had a 10 point lead over Trump and Romney had a 9 point lead over Clinton.

Like I have always said Obamacare is fine as long as it’s a choice, no one should ever be forced into that fucking shit.

The reason for the mandate was simple. People were not buying insurance when they were healthy and buying it when they were sick and dropping it when they were healthy. again. Those costs were passed on to the ratepayers.

Like I have always said Obamacare is fine as long as it’s a choice, no one should ever be forced into that fucking shit.

The reason for the mandate was simple. People were not buying insurance when they were healthy and buying it when they were sick and dropping it when they were healthy. again. Those costs were passed on to the ratepayers.
mandate. unamerican.

The fact is that Roberts was not legislating from the bench. Obamacare was legally passed by Congress. It should not have come down to whether it is a tax or not. You are not good at all.
The Obama Lawyers argued that it was a punitive fine for those who refused to buy Obamacare, which was Un-Constitutional. It was the USSC's job to take thr argument presented by the WH lawyers and rule on it AS IS.

INSTEAD, Roberts HIMSELF - as a USSC Justice - over-stepped his authority to CHANGE the argument of the WH Lawyers by declaring if it was a TAX it would be legal. Changing the argument of a lawyer appearing before the USSC to be heard by the USSC was / is NOT the job of the Justices, but - again - that is what Roberts did. Kennedy said as much in his comments .

Once it was decided it was a TAX, the hearing should have immediately been halted, as precedence had established that a USSC hearing could NOT be held on the Constitutionality of a tax UNTIL AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT THAT TAX HAD BEEN MADE.

Once again, as Kennedy pointed out, Roberts ignored precedence to go ahead with the hearing and issue the ruling it was ok.

WHY did Roberts 'save' Obamacare by changing the Obama/WH Lawyers' argument/case and by going ahead with a ruling - especially when Roberts and the Justices had demonstrated earlier (by refusing to stand when Obama entered chambers in Congress to give a speech during a time when Obama was 'attacking' the USSC) that they would not be intimidated or bullied?

Some believe he was blackmailed by the Obama administration. He and his wife were attempting to adopt a foreign girl, and it had been reported that her paperwork had been delayed due to bureaucratic issues. Funny, not long after his ruling the paperwork problem with the adoption cleared up, and they were able to adopt the little girl. I am sure that was just a coincidence, though...

Roberts made the right call but his reasoning was totally wrong. Roberts created this tax issue to justify upholding the mandate in his mind. The other 4 justices did not. The question is whether there is a public good in imposing a mandate. If you want to drive on the roads, you have to have insurance so if you have a accident, the people you injure can be compensated.

It was not UN-Constitutional as there was a public good. Emergency rooms cannot turn people away by law. The mandate was created to force people to but insurance. Many people did not have insurance when they were healthy and only bought it when they were sick. That forced other ratepayers to pay their healthcare bills while they skated.

Oh please. Roberts was not blackmailed. You people have no shortage of conspiracy theories. You people are crazy.

mandate. unamerican.

I suppose mandatory auto insurance for drivers is unamerican in your crazy playbook.

[Roberts made the right call but his reasoning was totally wrong.

NO...no he did NOT...and Kennedy called him on it in his remarks.

As stated, Kennedy stated it was not the USSC's job to change the plaintiff's argument, only to hear the case...and Roberts changed the Obama administration's argument to keep the case alive. Kennedy also said Roberts ignored precedence by hearing the case as a 'tax' issue when precedence mandated a case involving such should not be heard UNTIL the govt sought to collect that 'tax'.

Nice OPINION, as always, but FACTUALLY INCORRECT!

But I do vote for Representatives who passed that kind of thing, it's called a republic. Aye caramba...
You vote for those representatives so you can reap the "rewards" of mooching off of society. Aye-caramba :eusa_doh:

You're selfish and lazy. And we can add dishonest since you're incapable of admitting that you are both selfish and lazy.

Roberts made the right call but his reasoning was totally wrong. Roberts created this tax issue to justify upholding the mandate in his mind. The other 4 justices did not. The question is whether there is a public good in imposing a mandate. If you want to drive on the roads, you have to have insurance so if you have a accident, the people you injure can be compensated.

It was not UN-Constitutional as there was a public good. Emergency rooms cannot turn people away by law. The mandate was created to force people to but insurance. Many people did not have insurance when they were healthy and only bought it when they were sick. That forced other ratepayers to pay their healthcare bills while they skated.

Oh please. Roberts was not blackmailed. You people have no shortage of conspiracy theories. You people are crazy.
So you like the govt to strongarm the populace.

how about letting people face the consequences if they don't have insurance......then they will buy it....that's much better than the govt forcing you to buy it.

The mandate is gone and the subsidies are still going to be paid. The fact is that it expands the risk pool.
Hey stupid? More than 70% of the companies in the exchanges either went bankrupt or dropped out of the exchanges - and that was before the mandate was eliminated. :laugh:

Obamacare was unquestionably and indisputably the most catastrophic legislation in U.S. history. It's not even close. It failed to do everything it promised to do (healthcare costs skyrocketed instead of decreasing, tens of millions lost their insurance instead of keeping it, millions lost their doctors instead of keeping them, etc.). It was a complete and total disaster. Fuck, it cost over a billion dollars just to create a petty little website for it.

If insurance companies denying people with pre-existing conditions was not happening ,then it would not be such a hot button issue.
It is only a "hot button issue" for the ignorant who swallow progressive propaganda as fast as they can. For everyone else, it's a fucking joke to laugh at. The "pre-existing" condition issue is more rare than an albino gorilla in the wild of Hawaii.

Does it happen? Yep. Is it extremely rare? Absolutely. Any senior who gets their coverage through Medicare does not face the "pre-existing condition" unicorn. Anyone who gets their coverage through their job does not face the "pre-existing condition" unicorn. Anyone in poverty who receives their coverage through Medicaid does not face the "pre-existing condition" unicorn. That leaves only people young enough not be on Medicare, wealthy enough not to be on Medicaid, not receiving their coverage through their job, and oh yeah - they also to just happen to have said "pre-existing condition" while paying for their own policy completely out of pocket.

In other words, significantly less than 2% of the population. But...since you think taxes are ONLY paid one a year in April, I'm not the least bit surprised that you're clueless about healthcare as well.

What a dumb and immature trolling comment. The right fights for tax breaks for everyone. Especially the middle class who the left absolutely soaks in taxes in hopes of bringing them down into poverty and thus dependent on government for their most basic needs.

Forum List

Back