Buffy The Vampire Slayer

nt250

Jun 2, 2006
Buffy was the best show ever. There is not another show that comes close to how great Buffy was. It was perfectly cast. It had great writing.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer was an incredible series that many people never watched because many of them could get past the title. But despite that, it had a great 7 year run anyway.

Buffy was never about vampires and demons. It was about relationships. Friendships, love, loyalty and honor. It was about growing up, finding your way, and doing the right thing. It was about Buffy and Giles and Willow and Xander. And Joyce and Cordelia and Anya and Tara and Angel and Spike.

It was a great show.

I gotta disagree and be the only person on the Internet to say that I thoroughly disliked Buffy. It was very much run-of-the-mill Sci-Fi Channel on a Saturday afternoon stuff. While I'm sure it was definitely one of the better examples of its very specific genre, anybody not interested in ghosts and goblins had little to watch for.

Now, Freaks and Geeks? Possibly the best show ever.

Dan said:
I gotta disagree and be the only person on the Internet to say that I thoroughly disliked Buffy. It was very much run-of-the-mill Sci-Fi Channel on a Saturday afternoon stuff. While I'm sure it was definitely one of the better examples of its very specific genre, anybody not interested in ghosts and goblins had little to watch for.

Well, that's your problem. You can't really appreciate Buffy if you see it in syndication. They cut too much out.

Buffy was never about ghosts and goblins. People who think that were never able to get past the title of the show. Buffy The Vampire Slayer was about four people and their lives, hopes, dreams, and nightmares. It was about growing up, life, death, and honor and loyalty.

dmp said:
Buffy was good until is switched networks (remember when Buffy died by jumping off that tower?). After than Angel pwn3d. :)

Sorry, I don't speak internet. "pwn3d"? What's that mean?

Dan said:

i am right with you on that....easily the dumbest show ever....

Well, that's your problem. You can't really appreciate Buffy if you see it in syndication. They cut too much out.

Buffy was never about ghosts and goblins. People who think that were never able to get past the title of the show. Buffy The Vampire Slayer was about four people and their lives, hopes, dreams, and nightmares. It was about growing up, life, death, and honor and loyalty.

And they cut all of that out in syndication? Here I thought they cut out a few minutes, not entire themes.

I watched it on WB many times, tried like hell to get into it since everybody loves it. I just couldn't get into it. And, this whole thing with the title, there are lots of vampires and other fictional creatures on the show; while it is more serious than the movie, the title seems very appropriate to me.

Forum List

Back