Buddhists burn down Mosque and hand out death sentences

There is very little tolerance when it comes to religious extremists, no matter what flavor.

dishonesty, you seem really good at it. As an atheist there is no comparison between Christians and muslims, muslims are by far the worst. In terms of sheer numbers there are an estimated 100 million muslim extremists in the world. The top 5 deadliest terrorist organizations are all muslim. Where is the Christina ISIS? right, they don't exist. Christians don't riot and kill if someone makes a mockery of jesus, unlike islam and that asshole muhammed.

This is the sick "Progressive" ideology on display. The 'every religion is the same' BS. They will throw away every shred of common sense and intelligent thinking (if indeed they ever had any) to proclaim their perverted ideology. And they do it, ad nauseam!

I cannot understand why these losers want to fight 15th century Christianity when there are barbarians living today. I live in the bible belt and I am fine, could not do that in Iran.

Really, really, tired of progressives and their hate of anything white, western, and male. Cannot figure out why white people behave like that.

One idea is guilt and self loathing. I think they also hate America. And of course they're stupid.

Buddhism is fundamentally pacifist and non violent. Islam is fundamentally violent and intolerant. Oil and water. Islam is setting the tone here, Islam is ugly and destructive. Do we really need such a backwards 1st century ideology? This is the 21 century. I am not seeing a need for a hateful dominating mentality that Islam embodies.

Someone needs to tell the Buddhists then.
Warrior Monk Traditions - Buddhism - Oxford Bibliographies
The Buddha as warrior | Wildmind Buddhist Meditation

I for one stated right off that Buddhism was not a pacifist religion. I also stated that self defense was encouraged and these links support my claim.
Anyone that knows buddhism is fundamentally non violent. It's an oxymoron. And the people that call themselves buddhist and commit murder or encourage violence, are just weak willed stupid people that don't understand their philosophy.

Anyone that knows buddhism is fundamentally non violent. It's an oxymoron. And the people that call themselves buddhist and commit murder or encourage violence, are just weak willed stupid people that don't understand their philosophy.

Where have you studied Buddhism, what tradition and who was your teacher?

There is very little tolerance when it comes to religious extremists, no matter what flavor.

dishonesty, you seem really good at it. As an atheist there is no comparison between Christians and muslims, muslims are by far the worst. In terms of sheer numbers there are an estimated 100 million muslim extremists in the world. The top 5 deadliest terrorist organizations are all muslim. Where is the Christian ISIS? right, they don't exist. Christians don't riot and kill if someone makes a mockery of jesus, unlike islam and that asshole muhammed.

Your own honesty seems quite questionable and mockworthy.

Umh...did you know there were mass protests, vandalism and death threats over Piss Christ?

Again - there is very little tolerance when it comes to religous extremists - they're more like each other than they are to the mainstream. What makes the difference is the culture behind them.

These "Progressive" hypocrites will fight tooth and nail to paint Buddhists as violent aggressive people but will scream bloody murder if terrorists are (rightly) identified as Muslims.

You're delusional. The Buddhists in Myanmar have been very aggressive and violent. Like any religion - that doesn't apply to all Buddhists (just like Muslim extremists don't represent all Muslims) - but if you want to continue to pretend that Buddhists aren't violent, then that is your choice - just don't read the news, it might disappoint you.

dishonesty, you seem really good at it. As an atheist there is no comparison between Christians and muslims, muslims are by far the worst. In terms of sheer numbers there are an estimated 100 million muslim extremists in the world. The top 5 deadliest terrorist organizations are all muslim. Where is the Christian ISIS? right, they don't exist. Christians don't riot and kill if someone makes a mockery of jesus, unlike islam and that asshole muhammed.

Umh...did you know there were mass protests, vandalism and death threats over Piss Christ?

Again - there is very little tolerance when it comes to religous extremists - they're more like each other than they are to the mainstream. What makes the difference is the culture behind them.
I remember when that came out. Somehow I must have missed the fatwah issued by Christians because I never heard of it until now.

Maybe because it didn't happen.

link to the death threats, let us also count the numbers of folks protesting. Did the artist have to go into hiding?

go ahead, you first, I want to see the death threats

link to the death threats, let us also count the numbers of folks protesting. Did the artist have to go into hiding?

The endless, idiotic outrage about “Piss Christ”
The work has been sparking protest ever since it arrived in Avignon earlier this month. Spokesmen for the Collection Lambert said that on Sunday, protesters hacked at it “beyond repair … with the help of a hammer and an object like a screwdriver or pickaxe.” They also ruined another Serrano — a tame image of a nun’s hands resting in her lap. The museum says that its staff has also received death threats.

Piss Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Serrano received death threats and hate mail, and he lost grants due to the controversy

Multiple protests (and violence) over the years: Andres Serrano's Piss Christ destroyed by Christian protesters

The endless, idiotic outrage about “Piss Christ”
The work has been sparking protest ever since it arrived in Avignon earlier this month. Spokesmen for the Collection Lambert said that on Sunday, protesters hacked at it “beyond repair … with the help of a hammer and an object like a screwdriver or pickaxe.” They also ruined another Serrano — a tame image of a nun’s hands resting in her lap. The museum says that its staff has also received death threats.

Piss Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Serrano received death threats and hate mail, and he lost grants due to the controversy

Multiple protests (and violence) over the years: Andres Serrano's Piss Christ destroyed by Christian protesters

ok so the museum folks and the artist were threatened, there was vandalism, how about the protests? how many?

for comparison sake to Piss Christ, look at Charlie Hebdo.

Deaths and violence over Charlie Hebdo - CNN.com
Charlie Hebdo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hebdo: 12 dead in attack on magazine, at least 10 dead in worldwide protests numbering at least 1,000,000
Piss Christ: 0 deaths, number of protestors soon to be made available by coyote

Hebdo: Artist and staff dead, French threatened in Gaza, photographer shot in Pakistan,
PissC: Artist threatened, some museum people threatened

Hebdo: 45 Churches destroyed and a Christian School/orphanage burned destroyed in Niger
PissC: the artwork was destroyed

looks real bad for muslim apologists (liars), but let Coyote defend it

There is also no comparison between what the Buddhists are doing to the Rohinga and what the Rohinga have done to the Buddhists.

There is no comparison between Hebdo and PIss Christ.

I know, Piss Christ is more offensive, however you don't need to throw in the towel of defeat so soon, so go ahead and find us the Christian equivalent of Hebdo in the last 40 years.

There is no comparison between Hebdo and PIss Christ.

I know, Piss Christ is more offensive, however you don't need to throw in the towel of defeat so soon, so go ahead and find us the Christian equivalent of Hebdo in the last 40 years.

Why? There is no "towel of defeat". There doesn't need to be something as extreme as Hebdo to make the case that there is very little tolerance when it comes to religous extremists - they're more like each other than they are to the mainstream. What makes the difference is the culture behind them.

Of course you find Piss Christ more offensive. If you were Muslim, you'd likely feel the opposite.

Why? There is no "towel of defeat". There doesn't need to be something as extreme as Hebdo to make the case that there is very little tolerance when it comes to religous extremists - they're more like each other than they are to the mainstream. What makes the difference is the culture behind them.

I just showed they are not alike in the extremity of their reaction, and in the number of extremists. that is the difference, Christian are more evolved. Muslims are garbage

Where have you studied Buddhism, what tradition and who was your teacher?
Nice try. You go first.

I thought so. You never studied Buddhism yet you claim knowledge of a religion you never studied. Typical. I studied formally for 4 years under a Tibetan Geshe who literally walked out of Tibet after the Chinese took control of his country. My informal study has been going on for several decades now. I think I am qualified to tell you that your comment is ill informed and misleading.

You're building a mighty fine strawman.

Hebdo mocked everyone - every religion and political ideology. Are you only now just discovering this?

correct, but who was the only group to react by killing? and if you don't think that sets them apart, you are a complete moron

Forum List

Back