Bruce Springsteen Cover Band Backs Out Of Playing Trump Inauguration Party

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
587d329d1200002d00ad7e12.jpeg

The B Street Band canceled out of respect for The Boss.

The B Street Band ― a Bruce Springsteen cover band who should not be confused with The E Street Band, musicians who actually back The Boss ― have dropped out of playing the Garden State Presidential Inaugural Gala on Jan. 19.

The band announced their decision to back out of the party on Monday, because playing the party isn’t something Springsteen himself would approve of.

“Our decision is based SOLELY on the respect and gratitude we have for Bruce and the E Street Band,” the cover band’s founder and keyboardist Will Forte, 63, told Backstreets in a statement. “Bruce’s music has been the foundation of our livelihood. The B Street Band would not exist without the talents of Bruce and our E Street brothers.”

Like many celebrities, Springsteen has been a vocal critic of Trump. While speaking to Rolling Stone in September, Springsteen called Trump a “moron” and criticized him for normalizing the “dangerous ideas” of “white nationalism and the alt-right movement.”

More: Bruce Springsteen Cover Band Backs Out Of Playing Trump Inauguration Party

Thank you B Street Band. I agree with Bruce Springsteen that Trump is a moron.

The B Street Band ― a Bruce Springsteen cover band who should not be confused with The E Street Band, musicians who actually back The Boss ― have dropped out of playing the Garden State Presidential Inaugural Gala on Jan. 19.

The band announced their decision to back out of the party on Monday, because playing the party isn’t something Springsteen himself would approve of.

“Our decision is based SOLELY on the respect and gratitude we have for Bruce and the E Street Band,” the cover band’s founder and keyboardist Will Forte, 63, told Backstreets in a statement. “Bruce’s music has been the foundation of our livelihood. The B Street Band would not exist without the talents of Bruce and our E Street brothers.”

Like many celebrities, Springsteen has been a vocal critic of Trump. While speaking to Rolling Stone in September, Springsteen called Trump a “moron” and criticized him for normalizing the “dangerous ideas” of “white nationalism and the alt-right movement.”

More: Bruce Springsteen Cover Band Backs Out Of Playing Trump Inauguration Party

He is a moron.

I wonder how it feels to be known as someone who can't think for themselves ?

Did they suddenly realize that Trump was an idiot ?

When's the last decade Springsteen produced an album with more than two good songs?

Springsteen is such a douche. It is sad a hard working cover band of his cheesy songs is intimidated by him and other douchebags trying to intimidate performers.

Springsteen is such a douche. It is sad a hard working cover band of his cheesy songs is intimidated by him and other douchebags trying to intimidate performers.
If he's such a douche, why would Trump want him so badly?

Jews wouldn't walk off the concentration camps after we freed them....they so feared the liberal Nazis.....

I agree and from what I've been reading any of the performers who wanted to perform at the inauguration were threatened with loss of business by other celebrities and Hollywood if they performed.

I doubt Trump gives a shit. I know I sure don't. If you don't have the balls to stand by what you believe then let yourself be dictated to.

I hear there are quite a few sore loser Dems who aren't going to show up as well. No loss in my book. Of course they aren't required to show up. Again. No great loss.

rosie, you're becoming a victim of of your own fake news, the B street band, in order to have "dropped out" of the inauguration would have had to agree to do it first, meaning they have no problem with Trump...

“Our decision is based SOLELY on the respect and gratitude we have for Bruce and the E Street Band,” the cover band’s founder and keyboardist Will Forte, 63, told Backstreets in a statement.

It's easy to see they were asked/required to drop out if they want to avoid legal problems...well, easy to see without the blinders rosie

They would have never worked for Springstein again and they know it. Leftists are an intolerant bunch. On aside note I never figured out why any likes his music. I saw him in concert in the 70s and thought he sucked.

If he's such a douche, why would Trump want him so badly?

He didn't even know the cover band existed. They were pre booked. Lakhota's OP is just more fake news.

"The B Street Band says the Thursday night gala — not Trump’s inaugural ball itself, as many have mistakenly posted online — has actually been planned since 2013.

The cover band has twice performed for the non-profit and nonpartisan group’s galas to mark Democrat President Barack Obama’s inaugurals."

Springsteen cover band booked for inaugural gig in Washington cancels out of respect for Bruce

New Topics

Forum List

Back