Britt Hume: Forgiveness depends on Christianity....

What I am trying to figure out is how does Tiger becoming Christian is going to improve his situation.

The man is a habitual cheating load of crap. Does becoming a Christian nullify that? I say no. Will it repair his marriage. I seriously doubt it. Then why should Tiger change his religion?

If I am not mistaken, Buddhism teachings one to be faithful to their spouse and look down on infidelity as well. So if Tiger does not practice Buddhism correctly(folow its teachings) then why in the world would you expect him to practice Christianity(or one of its hundreds of denominations) correctly??

Apparently, Humes statement has less to do in helping Tiger Woods than it is to attracting single minded christians into viewing fox news due to Brit's "Moral Clarity"!! I guess even the cable News networks are starting to feel the pinch coming from the internet/media avalanche!!

Why pay for it when you can get it as part of your wide band services?? That is right folks, Cable news is on its death Bed!!

See, this is what is wrong with Christianity as it's currently practiced. They (the Christians) will tell you that they aren't perfect, just forgiven.

Then they tell you that all you have to do is ask Yeshua to enter your heart, and your slate will be wiped clean, no matter what you do.

But see, this takes the lesson that you SHOULD have learned (when you do something sinful, learn what it was, as well as WHY you did it, and resolve to try to not do it again).

What does Buddhism teach? That if you follow the Eightfold Path, you will achieve Nirvana. If you don't, then you come back on the Dharma wheel as something less than what you were this time around.

It teaches that there are consequences for your actions now, and it covers more than just this lifetime.

How is Christianity with it's fast food forgiveness better than the Buddhist way of working for it so that you can teach others how to do it for themselves?

Nope. Sorry. Christianity fails when compared to Buddhism.

Took a lot of courage for "Hume" to do what he did on National TV..

I also agree with him, 100%.

Tiger does need to bow a knee before His Creator, and repent, and receive Christ.

If you think he'll find the answer in Bhudism......etc....other than Christianity, then I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to get off my hands for $100.00, and will sell it to you skeptics. ;)

Cool, then you'll be fine if other TV Anchors tell people they need to stop being Christians?

I wonder what people like you would have said if, after Ted Haggard's Drug and Prostitute orgy, Tom Brokaw had said "He needs to become a Muslim, then he wouldn't have this problem again."?

See, this is what is wrong with Christianity as it's currently practiced. They (the Christians) will tell you that they aren't perfect, just forgiven.

Then they tell you that all you have to do is ask Yeshua to enter your heart, and your slate will be wiped clean, no matter what you do.

But see, this takes the lesson that you SHOULD have learned (when you do something sinful, learn what it was, as well as WHY you did it, and resolve to try to not do it again).

What does Buddhism teach? That if you follow the Eightfold Path, you will achieve Nirvana. If you don't, then you come back on the Dharma wheel as something less than what you were this time around.

It teaches that there are consequences for your actions now, and it covers more than just this lifetime.

How is Christianity with it's fast food forgiveness better than the Buddhist way of working for it so that you can teach others how to do it for themselves?

The basic tenet of Christianity is "Do whatever you want, you will be forgiven if you believe in God".

The basic tenet of Christianity is "Do whatever you want, you will be forgiven if you believe in God".

It is clear you guys know ZERO about Christianity. No I give you credibility in this discussion.

Hume, I think you broke a record by Offending two Religions at one time! He offended Buddisim by suggesting Tiger Leave that Religion just so he could make a comeback..He offended Christians by suggesting Tiger become a Christian just so he could make a comeback..Way to go Hume :clap2:! Another Fucktard on FUX News!

Actually, he said that Tiger would likely recover in his golfing carreer in any case.

Then he addressed the l"ife recovery", which involves repentence and forgiveness. Woods has a lot on his plate, and needs God. As we all do.
You just don't seem to understand.

It is clear you guys know ZERO about Christianity. No I give you credibility in this discussion.

Often the faithful are blinded to the nature of their faith.

Sometimes an outsider has a clearer view of the situation than the adherents.

I know quite a bit about Christianity, I've read the bible a number of times.

It's an interesting read. Though the Old Testament tends be much more exciting than the New, what with the various genocides and prostitutes assassinating people, all because God told them to of course...

And if Brit Hume is allowed to simplify his statements in the interest of Proselytizing, then so am I.

And your opinion of my "credibility" on matters of faith matters not a whit to me, as faith itself is open to interpretation and is never based on solid evidence.

Actually, he said that Tiger would likely recover in his golfing carreer in any case.

Then he addressed the l"ife recovery", which involves repentence and forgiveness. Woods has a lot on his plate, and needs God. As we all do.

The fact that the person you are addressing "does not understand" makes the other part of your post, "we all need God", meaningless.

If he or she truly "needed" God, then they would understand your point.

I, for instance, have no particular "need" for God.

I am not an atheist, as it would be illogical to say that there is definitively no higher being, but I am not a member of any particular faith. Nor do I feel a need to worship any particular higher being.

In Tiger's case, he already HAS a God. Who are you, or Brit Hume, to tell him he has to replace his God with another? :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Tiger does need to bow a knee before His Creator, and repent, and receive Christ.

If you think he'll find the answer in Bhudism......etc....other than Christianity, then I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to get off my hands for $100.00, and will sell it to you skeptics. ;)

Cool, then you'll be fine if other TV Anchors tell people they need to stop being Christians?

I wonder what people like you would have said if, after Ted Haggard's Drug and Prostitute orgy, Tom Brokaw had said "He needs to become a Muslim, then he wouldn't have this problem again."?

Tom would be wrong (as in incorrect). Oh, and, that is not what Humes said. I think you need to go back and hear what he said. So many here are getting it wrong by putting words in Hume's mouth.

People are always saying things like that about Christians. Most of us never give it a second thought. However, since so many people say such about Christians, we certainly have a right to return the favor.

Often the faithful are blinded to the nature of their faith.

Sometimes an outsider has a clearer view of the situation than the adherents.

I know quite a bit about Christianity, I've read the bible a number of times.

It's an interesting read. Though the Old Testament tends be much more exciting than the New, what with the various genocides and prostitutes assassinating people, all because God told them to of course...

And if Brit Hume is allowed to simplify his statements in the interest of Proselytizing, then so am I.

And your opinion of my "credibility" on matters of faith matters not a whit to me, as faith itself is open to interpretation and is never based on solid evidence.

Sometime what you said is true. We all need an outside perspective from time to time. It is good for us, and gives us a little clearer view.

Reading the Bible does not tell you anything about Christianity. Studying it might be better.
Your perspective might be enlightened by the Christian point of view from time to time as well. Especially as you read the Bible. Looks like your perspective is the glasses you put on, and the only way you can see it.

Go ahead, proselytize. Telling people the Gospel is our duty, and done in love. You would do it just because, and out of anger.

Tom would be wrong (as in incorrect). Oh, and, that is not what Humes said. I think you need to go back and hear what he said. So many here are getting it wrong by putting words in Hume's mouth.

People are always saying things like that about Christians. Most of us never give it a second thought. However, since so many people say such about Christians, we certainly have a right to return the favor.

ummm no you dont

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.
—Luke 6:27-31. NIV

The fact that the person you are addressing "does not understand" makes the other part of your post, "we all need God", meaningless.

If he or she truly "needed" God, then they would understand your point.

I, for instance, have no particular "need" for God.

I am not an atheist, as it would be illogical to say that there is definitively no higher being, but I am not a member of any particular faith. Nor do I feel a need to worship any particular higher being.

In Tiger's case, he already HAS a God. Who are you, or Brit Hume, to tell him he has to replace his God with another? :cuckoo:

Just telling the truth. It can be taken or left.

ummm no you dont

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.
—Luke 6:27-31. NIV

That Scripture was exactly what Hume was doing. I am convinced it was indeed out of love. There was no other reason for A Christian tomake such a statement. Tiger Woods is not an enemy. He has not mistreated Christians. He hasn't struck any Christians. He has not robbed any Christian. Hume would give the coat off his back and much more to help Tiger woods. I would guarantee it. So would I. Tiger is in a very hurting place, He needs love, not what you are wrongly saying Hume has done.

Any man anywhere could fall as Tiger did. I am even praying for him right now. The love that I feel for him is a God kind of love.

Besides which, Hume is right. Of all the religions, for repentance and forgiveness, the Christian religion is the most comprehensive and successful.

Really? How is the Christian religion "better" for repentance and forgiveness?

I guess the Jewish people slaughtered goats and sheep just because they liked the smell, then eh? Probably didn't have anything to do with forgiveness.

Probably also cuts out the Buddhist, Taoist, and Hindu religions as well.

What about Native Americans? Can they get forgiveness from Father Sky, or are they just consigned to hell because they aren't Christians?

You know...........there is absolutely NO WAY that Christianity in its current incarnation can be more forgiving or repentant than any other.

If you have proof, then provide links and articles that demonstrate Christianity is that much better than any other.

If you can, I will recant.

If you don't, I will tell you Christians that you're a bunch of bigoted assholes.
I'm an atheist and I forgive both of you morons. :lol:

and you think they are wrong? who's to say? we'll know who was right when we die,, either, heaven, or hell, or worm food.. nobody has proof of any of it yet... dothey?

Did you look to see what this thread is about?:confused::confused:

Yes, Britt Hume voiced an opinion in favor of Christianity and the liberals went batshit crazy on us.

I thought that Fox News were supposed to report ... ehm ... news and not some pinhead's religious views while frowning upon another religion (in this case Buddhism).

Nobody is saying he should be jailed or even taken off the air, everyone - except you and your fellow synapse-deficient Allie - is just laughing about what an ijit Hume is for saying what he said and disagreeing with his opinion.

Fox News have always been a laughing stock of all intelligent people (pretty much around the world) and Hume's fumes don't help their 'cred' none.

;)

Happy 2010!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back