"Brilliant" Trump drives up health care costs (again)!

/----/ Great idea. Now make auto insurance mandatory for everyone man, woman and child even if they don't own a car, to lower my insurance rates. Man you libtards are brilliant.
Awesome! Ummmmmm, anyone who owns a car DOES have to pay for insurance. WHY? Because they could get into an accident and affect other people. The difference with health insurance is you never know when you're going to need it. I did not, for example, know that I was going to have open heart surgery 10 years ago. Thank God I had insurance or it would've bankrupted me. NO AMERICAN should be put into a situation where they have to choose between health and bankruptcy. It isn't only ethically wrong....it is a really stupid way to run a society.

Think of it as modern day Darwinism.
Darwinism doesn't including screwing other people to help pay for your reckless behavior.

How exactly am I screwing other people?
By not paying for their health insurance?

You're not, it's when you have a heart attack or get hit by a car and don't have health insurance We he People pay for your care.

It's when your health insurance policy has a limit, and you've reached that limit that you begin to use taxpayer money.

Well lets see now.
I've had my hip replaced,cancer surgery and back surgery over the last five years.
Had no problems paying for any of it so you can leave me out of the using tax payer money bullshit.

By sticking those of us with insurance your health insurance bill...without contributing to it yourself. That makes you a freeloader.

I have very good insurance,thanks for caring though.
Which, again, means absolutely nothing in the context of this conversation. TRY to look past your own narrow world for once in your life.

You're missing my point.
It's not my problem if you cant provide healthcare for yourself or your family,thats on you.
No...I get your point. Your point is just wrong because it doesn't work that way. If it truly did.....you would never be able to afford health insurance.

Sorry, you're simply wrong.

I pay for my health insurance as do millions of other Americans.
We're in it together. Bums living on my tax dollars? Not so much.

Nobody's living on your tax dollars.

Almost everyone I know has at least one professional in the family that has employer sponsored heath care.
Are all the Liberals here just hanging out on a corner?

Putting government in charge of health insurance means that, sometimes, your political opponents will be in charge of your health insurance. Does that really seem like a good idea to you?

Well, you make a point using Trump as an example. But a single payer system does not necessarily mean it will be part of the political system.

Diagnosis will remain the province of MD's who are already licensed by state governments, and not beholden to any party or individual for the license to practice; though some doctors are employed by local, state and federal governments, many more are in private practice or in an LLP.

I'll copy my response to Frank the Tank on the same topic: "Do you read the news? Do you not understand that Trump's efforts to undermine ACA have put millions of people's health care in jeopardy? Single payer would make this even worse. Our health care will be political a football every single election - 'scare the seniors' turned up to eleven."

Every election will be another tiresome referendum on health care. The Republicans will use state control over health insurance to limit abortions. Democrats will use it for arm-twisting re: whatever nanny-state agenda they have at the moment. And everybody and their brother will be lobbying to get their piece of the pie.

It seems we might agree that politics is ugly business. And I don't understand the urge to turn every single social problem into a political issue.

Last edited:
I have very good insurance,thanks for caring though.
Which, again, means absolutely nothing in the context of this conversation. TRY to look past your own narrow world for once in your life.

You're missing my point.
It's not my problem if you cant provide healthcare for yourself or your family,thats on you.
No...I get your point. Your point is just wrong because it doesn't work that way. If it truly did.....you would never be able to afford health insurance.

Sorry, you're simply wrong.

I pay for my health insurance as do millions of other Americans.
We're in it together. Bums living on my tax dollars? Not so much.

Nobody's living on your tax dollars.

Bullshit.

/----/ Great idea. Now make auto insurance mandatory for everyone man, woman and child even if they don't own a car, to lower my insurance rates. Man you libtards are brilliant.
Awesome! Ummmmmm, anyone who owns a car DOES have to pay for insurance. WHY? Because they could get into an accident and affect other people. The difference with health insurance is you never know when you're going to need it. I did not, for example, know that I was going to have open heart surgery 10 years ago. Thank God I had insurance or it would've bankrupted me. NO AMERICAN should be put into a situation where they have to choose between health and bankruptcy. It isn't only ethically wrong....it is a really stupid way to run a society.

Darwinism doesn't including screwing other people to help pay for your reckless behavior.

You're not, it's when you have a heart attack or get hit by a car and don't have health insurance We he People pay for your care.

It's when your health insurance policy has a limit, and you've reached that limit that you begin to use taxpayer money.
/-----/ Smart people used to buy catastrophic insurance real cheap to cover those rare emergencies. They paid for routine HC out of pocket which in many cases was cheaper than buying a policy. But that's smart people and wouldn't apply to leeches and freeloaders.
free stuff.jpg

/-----/ Smart people used to buy catastrophic insurance real cheap to cover those rare emergencies. They paid for routine HC out of pocket which in many cases was cheaper than buying a policy. But that's smart people and wouldn't apply to leeches and freeloaders.
View attachment 203622

Yep...
We have a healthcare savings plan that covers all deductibles.
And what you dont use gets rolled over into the next year.

View attachment 203622

Yep...

Goody good for you. I have a plane which goes from SF to NYC in 45 minutes, a dog which picks up her own poop and a house which never needs painting. Isn't the Internet grand!

View attachment 203622

Yep...

Goody good for you. I have a plane which goes from SF to NYC in 45 minutes, a dog which picks up her own poop and a house which never needs painting. Isn't the Internet grand!

Damn!
I just got the house painted a month ago when apparently I didnt need to.
Oh....just because you have a shit eating dog doesnt mean the rest of us do.

View attachment 203622
Sorry....away for a while.

This brilliant 'plan' of yours is one of the reasons why health care is so expensive the way it is now. This 'plan' of yours is what led to people becoming bankrupt AND one of the main reasons health care is such a huge issue for employers and in general.

Regardless...even in your system, insurance will be based on risk and payout. The reason why this supposed 'catastrophic insurance' is cheaper is because they don't pay anything out (or a minute amount in respect to what they take in). Your 'plan' will cause prices to skyrocket far more than what they are now AND also leads to people NOT treating very manageable illnesses until they are really expensive to take care of.

Bottom line is you cannot treat health care like another commodity....because it isn't.

View attachment 203622
By the way....the sheer irony in this "debate" is that Obamacare actually is the more 'conservative' (small 'c'...not a capital 'C') approach because it actually uses different mechanisms to control health care costs. Your plan (or anything put forth by Republicans or Trump) are far more reckless and do absolutely nothing to control costs long term. There is a reason why the framework for Obamacare actually originated from Republicans in the 90's......it was then called a "free market" approach to health care as a counter to a single payer system.

Everything you believe now is just political gobbledygook......you'd much rather look for funny memes rather than discuss the actual issue at hand.

God bless America?

Great post.....but, to these people it simply doesn't matter. I mean, my God, we spent several hours trying to explain how health care works to a few of these people yesterday and they REFUSE to listen. I am not being hyperbolic when I say the new version of Republican is no different than a cult....I've never seen a mass of people continue to argue the illogical viewpoint of things; just because that is what their leaders tell them to believe.

It's sad and scary for our country.

View attachment 203622
By the way....the sheer irony in this "debate" is that Obamacare actually is the more 'conservative' (small 'c'...not a capital 'C') approach because it actually uses different mechanisms to control health care costs. Your plan (or anything put forth by Republicans or Trump) are far more reckless and do absolutely nothing to control costs long term. There is a reason why the framework for Obamacare actually originated from Republicans in the 90's......it was then called a "free market" approach to health care as a counter to a single payer system.

Everything you believe now is just political gobbledygook......you'd much rather look for funny memes rather than discuss the actual issue at hand.

God bless America?
/——/ Yeah that’s why it flopped miserably. We need free markets and tort reform.

Great post.....but, to these people it simply doesn't matter. I mean, my God, we spent several hours trying to explain how health care works to a few of these people yesterday and they REFUSE to listen. I am not being hyperbolic when I say the new version of Republican is no different than a cult....I've never seen a mass of people continue to argue the illogical viewpoint of things; just because that is what their leaders tell them to believe.

It's sad and scary for our country.
/——/ Yes, anyone who disagrees with you is illogical. No other possible explanation.

It is now being reported that our "brilliant" President is manipulating the health insurance markets again and driving up health care costs for everyone. Remember the good old days when Republicans used to speak AGAINST government intrusion into the markets?!?!? Well, those days are long gone. Now....to the new brand of Republican....the government SHOULD manipulate the markets and drive up costs in health care (or in other industries by imposing tariffs).

It is impossible to tell what Republicans stand for anymore because it changes with the weather. All they need is a megalomaniac to tell them what to think....flippin' cowards.
Trump admin temporarily halting some payments under Obamacare program - CNNPolitics

Oh yeah, let's not forget that under Republican control...they INCREASED the budget deficit to $1 trillion just to give the people who crashed the economy in 2008 a huge windfall of cash through the tax code. More "winning"???
DgqrFStW4AEHrCD.jpg

If giving money to the rich didn't work, the only thing you CAN do is give them more money.

View attachment 203622

God bless America?
/——/ Yeah that’s why it flopped miserably. We need free markets and tort reform.

You're one of those who won't read anything which contradicts the narrative you've been fed and considered it rationally. That's what the R's exploit, for they support profit over people.

Forum List

Back