Bridge to the Russian forum

Is it worth doing this experiment?

• Yes, it's interesting, I'll ask questions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, it's interesting, I'll read the discussion

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, it's not interesting, stop doing stupid things.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Balancer

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2017
Moscow, Russia, Earth
I want to try such an experiment. I will translate into Russian the questions asked to the users of the Russian political forum. Translate direct answers into English and write them here, specifying the user name. I will translate only direct answers, not all conversation chains. This will avoid unnecessary flames and simplify my work :)

I warn you right away that the participants in the forum with which I will be bridging this correspondence are aggressive enough and often anti-American. But this will allow us to communicate directly, without the participation of active propagandists of both parties. I do not know if there will be any sense from this experiment and whether my interest will last long enough. In addition, I can translate qualitatively only from English to Russian, but not vice versa, because I do not know English :) But why not try it? :)

To begin with - the user's opinion from the parallel US political forum. I translated it into Russian in the subject, where occasionally I put reviews of foreign users. I was struck by the rigidity of the answers. Just a year ago, the reaction would have been much softer. Actually, the flame on these answers between consonants and dissenters unfolded further, and it was he who prompted me to try to conduct this experiment :)

Original message:

Doug1943 said:
How many does it take for what?

My point is this: both Russia and the US have millions of mindless ultra-patriots, all of them keen to show that their particular tribe is very very wonderful and the other guy is evil incarnate. Some of them are able to use a keyboard and post on forums.

If you want to accumulate evidence to show that the USA is wicked, it's not hard to find some. If you want to accumulate evidence to show that Russia is wicked, it's not hard to find some.

The people who do this are not interested in the least at getting an understanding of the 'other side', not even from a 'know your enemy' standpoint. They're just interested in making themselves feel good.

Human beings are hairless tailless chimpanzees. We're a nasty species, capable of unbelievable cruelty towards each other. It's not difficult to come up with horrific examples of this proposition, for any country, especially for powerful ones which are less restrained in pursuit of their national interests, as their leaders see it, than small countries.

However, slowly, we're getting better. We are more intelligent, more humane, than our ancestors. The only worthwhile goal for a rational being is to help this process.

One aspect of this is to try to prevent unnecessary wars and wasteful preparation for war, especially between powerful nations that could do each other real damage.

America and Russia have no serious objective conflicts of interest. On the contrary, they have many interests in common. This is true regardless of the truth or otherwise of any bad thing you can say about either country.

Answer by DustyFox, 12/24/2017 08:13 UTC

Human beings are hairless tailless chimpanzees. ... However, slowly, we're getting better. We are more intelligent, more humane, than our ancestors. The only worthwhile goal for a rational being is to help this process.

I would like to see this objective confirmation, in addition to good wishes. While it is clear that the husk of civilization, flies at the first serious gust of wind. Exactly the way it was in the days of Ancient Rome and the Third Reich.

America and Russia have no serious objective conflicts of interest. On the contrary, they have many interests in common. This is true regardless of the truth or otherwise of any bad thing you can say about either country

In these words, in addition to the upper human layer, I, "vatnik", see the proposal to sit where we were thrust into the merry 1990s. And do not resist.

Answer by Bredonosec, #24.12.2017 16:44 UTC:

On the contrary, they have many interests in common

This "many interests in common" usually turns out to be the main cause of conflict of interest.

In general, it's nice to hear them [Americans], most importantly, that it does not end with another Gorby [Gorbachev] and another "Catastroyka" [Catastrophe + "Perestroika"] in the Russian Federation. On the euphoria wave "America is our friend, we do not need to defend ourselves from anyone, they will protect us"

Answer by VAS63, #24.12.2017 17:39 UTC:

America and Russia have no serious objective conflicts of interest. On the contrary, they have many interests in common.

Sometimes he even takes fright at such "liberalism" [Here in the original untranslatable term denoting in Russia liberals ready for the sake of the interests of the West to betray their own people].

Is it possible that someone really believes in these slogans?

We have no conflicts of interest? What do we have in common? There are no words.

We will not play a "partner" euphemism, etc. I will not go into the history and practice of relationships, but we must admit that Russia and the US are genetic enemies, between which there can be no peace, friendship, equality. There is only a protracted smoldering conflict of interests that does not turn into a hot war for only one reason - neither side has the ability to destroy another with acceptable own losses.

How can two tigers get along, forced to live in one small section of the jungle? Yes, nothing. While sniffing, look at, shit each other in small things. But definitely will not get along. I just want to hope that they will not get caught in each other in my time.

Forum List

Back