Brian Mulroney, one of Canada's most consequential prime ministers, is dead at 84

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
He was close with Reagan, even conducting his eulogy, helped sign NAFTA and separated the RCMP intelligence agency from RCMP policing, giving us a small step forward away from the federal Stasi. The provinces and cities should do the same.

RIP

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau remembered Mulroney as someone who "had the courage to do big things."

"He was committed to this country — loved it with all his heart — and served it many, many years and many different ways," Trudeau told reporters on Thursday night. "He was an extraordinary statesman and he will be deeply deeply missed."

Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre said Mulroney was one of Canada's "greatest-ever statesmen." The Opposition leader said he often sought advice from Mulroney, saying that the former prime minister had an "incredibly encyclopedic mind."

"He loved to have conversation. He was a brilliant conversationalist and a wonderful storyteller," Poilievre told reporters late Thursday.

He was close with Reagan, even conducting his eulogy, helped sign NAFTA and separated the RCMP intelligence agency from RCMP policing, giving us a small step forward away from the federal Stasi. The provinces and cities should do the same.
You're already off topic with your personal problems getting in the way..

Personally, I have nothing good to say about Mulroney. I'll save the rest for another time.

He was wildly unpopular at the time he left office, but the fact that free trade and GST are still around tells me that he knew what he was doing. RIP to him and thank you for your service.

Forum List

Back