Brexit dividend - Proddys force withdrawal of Port services following intimidation.

What do you mean lost passporting? do you mean the French company that manufactures the passports?
If I remember correctly, this term is applied to permission given to British banks and financial companies to operate freely inside the EU, without red tape restrictions.

Thanks. I done a proper search on it there and it says it's temporary until a subsidiary is set up to facilitate it again.

Sounds like it's another scare tactic and can ironed out in all honesty - but it's something that still needs to be done.
Yes, maybe the solution will be found. Overall, I have an impression that the British outperformed Brussels in negotiations and got the deal more or less desired.

I think so too mate, but there's too many people who were too emotionally invested in the remain side that it makes them feel better throwing out scare stories, worst case scenarios and ignoring the bigger picture.

But time will tell if it's good or bad. No-one really knows for sure yet (including me) but I don't like the hyperbole and border-line fake news from the other side.
Yes, the time will show everything. I have two questions, if you dont mind.
1. What odds are that the UK will break up in relatively not too distant future?
2. What can you say about immigrants from non European countries? What odds are that they will fully integrate into the British society and wont form ethnical anclaves with social and criminal issues?

I don't mind :)

1- The odds are it won't happen. For the member states to break away (well Scotland and Wales - I'm unsure if there's a different arrangement in Northern Ireland due to the Good Friday/Power Sharing agreement) they need section-30 orders from the UK Government. A section 30 order grants legal permission to hold another referendum if Scotland or Wales want separation.

When Scotland had it's referendum previously in recent years, the SNP (the ones pushing for it) made an agreement with the Government which was outlined in their own legal document called 'The White Paper' that promised the vote would be respected and would be once in a generation (with SNP leaders even saying, on record, once in a lifetime)

So they've no legal mandate for it. They are threatening an illegal referendum if they get a x-amount of seats in the Scottish elections in May but that would be for PR in my opinion and to try and put pressure on the Government to grant them their wish. My hope is that no-one would turn out for an illegal referendum and the turnout is so low (in the 40% range) it's nullified and the SNP members that organised it jailed.

The problem is, people who don't know any better always say to me "but it's the democratic will of the Scottish people to determine their own future" - which is true, but we've already done that recently. You can't keep re-running referendums every few years until you get your way.

I'm not against another referendum but what I'd do is make it ultra-conditional with some conditions being that the SNP don't get to chose the wording of the question this time the last time the wording was "Do you agree Scotland should be an independent country" which I think is a horrible phrase because it indicates that Scotland are some sort of subservient slaves or we have English occupation, when we don't - we have our own Parliament with many big issues fully devolved to us such as tax powers, health, emergency services, agriculture, arts/sports, education, local authorities, spending etc and other conditions would be if the SNP fail and Scotland remains part of the UK then the SNP must fold for a generation this time (20-25 years) and if they push for it again breaking their own promises made then they lose their powers in the Scottish parliament because all they do is abuse their powers and run our country into the ground.

2- Many immigrants do integrate well into British society, however, with our EU membership it meant that anyone anywhere in Europe can move to the UK from places like Romania, Bulgaria etc who contribute nothing (if they want to, some of them do work) and be entitled to all the benefits the UK citizens and taxpayers have. Imagine that's USA and there's a big open door where people from Venezula, Mexico, Honduras etc can just waltz in, settle and be entitled to all the rights and benefits with no objection to it.

What we've done is right in that we've reformed our immigration policy. Anyone is welcome to come however we operate a points system where if you've got the skills, a job and a sponsor then welcome. Glad to you have you.

Immigration is fine, but mass-scale open door legal immigration isn't sustainable or acceptable.
I understand about immigrants from Eastern Europe and why you wanted to change the things because of them. But my point was a little bit different.

A couple of years ago there was a popular theme about so called no go zones in Brirain (and Western Europe as a whole), sharia patrols and other staff. Is that mostly made up stories or these people really form something like ghettos in some places?

I know that Birmingham is a city with significant Indian and Pakistani minorities. And their communities have grown vastly over the last decades. Has it had a negative impact on the city's matters, rise of crimes etc?

Ah understood.

In Scotland we've only really got the one area like that called Govanhill - which, ironically, is the SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon's constituency area that she's meant to represent. It's a bit of a no-go zone where the Police just don't respond to any crime up there and it's Pakistani/Muslim/African and Roma Gypsy community. There's videos where they offer up their children as young as 8/9 as sex slaves for money and the area is just a warzone. There's a lot of hostility just now that the Police and politicians are refusing to sort it.

Regards other areas in the UK, I've not experienced it first hand but I believe many parts of Birmingham, London and also Luton is really bad. Stories of Muslim only neighbourhoods no whites allowed, no women allowed, no dogs allowed, no alcohol to be consumed, no music and Muslim gangs dish out beatings regular.

Sex trafficking and grooming gangs too and again the Police don't want to do anything.

That said, to balance it off and be fair, the Sikh/Indian communities in the UK seem to integrate really well and get on well with the general UK population. They are very community orientated and have a sense of pride in the country - it's night and day that community compared to the other.
Well, so it was basically true. And that is a disgrace for a state and its government. As events in the US show, around 15% share of the total population is enough for active minority to push their agenda.

And what is solution in dealing with these ghettos? Especially considering that a number of them will be growing it seems.

My solution is simple - go in, round them up and deport them.

However we both know how that goes down with politicians, the media, big business etc. They love the thought of them all coming together to help dismantle our societies and social fabrics. So it will never happen.
Ha ha ha!
I think we are now getting down to the real crux of why SBUK voted for Brexit. He's given it away in the last few posts in his tete-a-tete with white supremacist redneck ESay. You racist bastards!

So SBUK you have one area in Scotland filled with various immigrant groups where the Police will fail to respond?

Well, let me tell you Manchester Police failed to respond to 800,000 calls last year, Have admitted it and are under investigation.
In Blackpool where I used to work there are a few housing estates that I'd say are over 90% white (there are very few immigrants in Blackpool) where the Police take forever to respond and are known trouble hotspots. It has nothing to do with immigrants but more to do with the austerity and massive cuts in Police numbers over the last 10 years.

As SBUK you admit you have never been to Birmingham or London or Luton you are going on hearsay and I'd suggest you and racist mate ESay stop reading 'Stormfront' - I'm surprised you didn't mention the Rochdale 'Muslim' rapists. Everyone else of your racist ilk does.
My brother lives near Luton and I worked down there in the late 90's and there is a large Muslim community who from my experience I'd say is more hard-working and law-abiding than your average white.
Luton is, however, the home of criminal and serial racist Tommy Robinson and his anti-Muslim and immigrant band of reprobates the English Defence League (now defunct through lack of interest) and I think we can now put you SBUK down as one of Robinson's followers as he is the only source of racist propaganda concerning Luton that I know of.

As for 'black only area's. Sharia law only area's, It's all the usual rubbish spun by the extreme right and doesn't remotely reflect any part of the UK that I have ever been.

The UK will need another 7 million immigrants to come and work in the UK before 2050 just to keep the NHS afloat (Office For Budget Responsibility Report to David Cameron 2013). Ironically because of Brexit the bulk of those immigrants will not be white Christian Europeans but Black Asian and African Muslims. Hindu's and Sikhs. Which doesn't bother me but I hope SBUK understands and accepts that is his legacy for voting for Brexit.
I work in Brum and dont recognise what this idiot is saying. This character does repeat the brexit nonsense verbatim. I would also suggest that his "passporting" gaffe shows his rather simplistic understanding of the brexit reality. I imagine that he chews crayons to help him relax.
I should add that it is his mates who are threatening the customs workers. Sectarian shite,
LOL.
You think the Custom workers in Larne are Catholics.????

Here's who voted for Brexit.
Most small farmers, fishermen, most working class, old school Labour voters, the Communist party (UK), George Galloway, etc. The little guys.
Here's who backed Remain:
David Cameron and most of the Tory elite, , Multinationals, Media barons, NATO, the IMF, Goldman Sachs, Bank of England, The elite.

I think we are now getting down to the real crux of why SBUK voted for Brexit. He's given it away in the last few posts in his tete-a-tete with white supremacist redneck ESay. You racist bastards
White supremacist? Ha! I wont even ask you where you get this from. Btw, I also think that same-sex couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt children. Add a homophobe to my list, please.
Done!
Great. Have you already begun to compile the lists of white supremacists and homophobes around you?
No need I have a fantastic memory and can always remember an avatar related post. I wont forget yours and what you've said!
Sure. I couldn't care less. But what bothers me is that such as you get more and more power.
And how do you work that out? I don't have any power in your country, just voice opinions. Do opinions scare you? Neither do I have any power here in the UK as my party suffered a crushing defeat in the last election and we will have to rebuild and hope to turn things around in 4 years.
It's called democracy!
I am talking about a trend common now for the West. I am not against opinions, on the contrary, I want opinions to be spoken freely without consequences for it.

You remind me people who promote the cancel culture. I dont even have an idea where you get from about me being a white supremacist. But you were quick to put such a label, as those people do. It is not me who afraid of opinions, it is you guys.
In a debate about Brexit with SBUK. You came in and started leading him with questions about Muslims. Sharia Law. No Go area's and the Muslim take over of British society - all complete fantasy. He hadn't mentioned anything racial until your intervention but then took the bait and responded. Where did you get your information? The only media outlet that posts such rubbish is right-wing websites like 'Storm Front'.
And what are 'Storm Front'? Extreme right-wing Neo-Nazi white supremacists. If it swims like a duck. walks like a duck, looks like a duck -
its a duck. Own it!
Yeah, really, what can be discussed in a political forum. Maybe gardening and fishing. I have never read the Storm Front and the likes. I dont know in what cave you live, but this theme was quite common at the wake of mass migration to Europe from the ME. Even your prime minister Cameron made a statement about it at the time.

I dont think there should be taboo topics in the public discourse, including racial and religious matters. It is absurd.
I don't live in a cave if I did I couldn't get internet access you fool.
I have lived my life in the UK have travelled extensively around it and like Tommy T. know what goes on. I bet you have never been to the UK si if Tommy and I tell you such reports are rubbish why doubt it?
"...but this theme was quite common at the wake of mass migration to Europe from the ME".
That all took place in the Med. Italy. Greece. Spain. You think they rowed around continental Europe from Libya to get to the UK?
That's a completely different subject to what you were talking about.

When did Cameron say Muslims are taking over the UK?

The only people in the UK who moan about immigration are old white conservative folk who live in seaside resorts that haven't even been touched by immigration. I can remember the same people moaning when I was a kid in the 60's and they brought in West Indians because Britain needed more workers. The UK like the US. Germany. France and every other developed economy would never have become developed economies without large numbers of immigrants. You're a bloody immigrant your family history didn't start in the US. Your just a hypocrite.
I could spend time explaining why Blair had to open the doors to polish workers in 2002. Not only was the economy booming but there was a skills shortage. Female reproduction rates for British women had fallen to 1.2 they need to be at over 2.0 just to maintain the population. With the influx of people from eastern Europe who tend to have larger families. The female reproduction rates increased to 2.0 by 2010. Of course, they wouldn't know any of that on Storm Front.

Nobody minds yanks commenting on British affairs. Whether that be racial, religious or other. I comment on US affairs but I always make sure I source my material carefully before commenting and balance my approach and it's about time people like you did the same.

Cos if you don't you'll get your head ripped off!
Blair needed cheap Labour....and his advisors even admitted that they wanted to rub the noses of the right.
A massive social experiment which altered the fabric of society just to poke the eye of the right.

And more good news. Our useless government didnt bother to do their own risk assessment.Stick this on the side of a bus you fat tory twat.

More winning.

What do you mean lost passporting? do you mean the French company that manufactures the passports?
If I remember correctly, this term is applied to permission given to British banks and financial companies to operate freely inside the EU, without red tape restrictions.

Thanks. I done a proper search on it there and it says it's temporary until a subsidiary is set up to facilitate it again.

Sounds like it's another scare tactic and can ironed out in all honesty - but it's something that still needs to be done.
Yes, maybe the solution will be found. Overall, I have an impression that the British outperformed Brussels in negotiations and got the deal more or less desired.

I think so too mate, but there's too many people who were too emotionally invested in the remain side that it makes them feel better throwing out scare stories, worst case scenarios and ignoring the bigger picture.

But time will tell if it's good or bad. No-one really knows for sure yet (including me) but I don't like the hyperbole and border-line fake news from the other side.
1. What odds are that the UK will break up in relatively not too distant future?
2. What can you say about immigrants from non European countries? What odds are that they will fully integrate into the British society and wont form ethnical anclaves with social and criminal issues?

1- The odds are it won't happen. For the member states to break away (well Scotland and Wales - I'm unsure if there's a different arrangement in Northern Ireland due to the Good Friday/Power Sharing agreement) they need section-30 orders from the UK Government. A section 30 order grants legal permission to hold another referendum if Scotland or Wales want separation.

When Scotland had it's referendum previously in recent years, the SNP (the ones pushing for it) made an agreement with the Government which was outlined in their own legal document called 'The White Paper' that promised the vote would be respected and would be once in a generation (with SNP leaders even saying, on record, once in a lifetime)

So they've no legal mandate for it. They are threatening an illegal referendum if they get a x-amount of seats in the Scottish elections in May but that would be for PR in my opinion and to try and put pressure on the Government to grant them their wish. My hope is that no-one would turn out for an illegal referendum and the turnout is so low (in the 40% range) it's nullified and the SNP members that organised it jailed.

The problem is, people who don't know any better always say to me "but it's the democratic will of the Scottish people to determine their own future" - which is true, but we've already done that recently. You can't keep re-running referendums every few years until you get your way.

I'm not against another referendum but what I'd do is make it ultra-conditional with some conditions being that the SNP don't get to chose the wording of the question this time the last time the wording was "Do you agree Scotland should be an independent country" which I think is a horrible phrase because it indicates that Scotland are some sort of subservient slaves or we have English occupation, when we don't - we have our own Parliament with many big issues fully devolved to us such as tax powers, health, emergency services, agriculture, arts/sports, education, local authorities, spending etc and other conditions would be if the SNP fail and Scotland remains part of the UK then the SNP must fold for a generation this time (20-25 years) and if they push for it again breaking their own promises made then they lose their powers in the Scottish parliament because all they do is abuse their powers and run our country into the ground.

2- Many immigrants do integrate well into British society, however, with our EU membership it meant that anyone anywhere in Europe can move to the UK from places like Romania, Bulgaria etc who contribute nothing (if they want to, some of them do work) and be entitled to all the benefits the UK citizens and taxpayers have. Imagine that's USA and there's a big open door where people from Venezula, Mexico, Honduras etc can just waltz in, settle and be entitled to all the rights and benefits with no objection to it.

What we've done is right in that we've reformed our immigration policy. Anyone is welcome to come however we operate a points system where if you've got the skills, a job and a sponsor then welcome. Glad to you have you.

Immigration is fine, but mass-scale open door legal immigration isn't sustainable or acceptable.
I understand about immigrants from Eastern Europe and why you wanted to change the things because of them. But my point was a little bit different.

A couple of years ago there was a popular theme about so called no go zones in Brirain (and Western Europe as a whole), sharia patrols and other staff. Is that mostly made up stories or these people really form something like ghettos in some places?

I know that Birmingham is a city with significant Indian and Pakistani minorities. And their communities have grown vastly over the last decades. Has it had a negative impact on the city's matters, rise of crimes etc?

Ah understood.

In Scotland we've only really got the one area like that called Govanhill - which, ironically, is the SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon's constituency area that she's meant to represent. It's a bit of a no-go zone where the Police just don't respond to any crime up there and it's Pakistani/Muslim/African and Roma Gypsy community. There's videos where they offer up their children as young as 8/9 as sex slaves for money and the area is just a warzone. There's a lot of hostility just now that the Police and politicians are refusing to sort it.

Regards other areas in the UK, I've not experienced it first hand but I believe many parts of Birmingham, London and also Luton is really bad. Stories of Muslim only neighbourhoods no whites allowed, no women allowed, no dogs allowed, no alcohol to be consumed, no music and Muslim gangs dish out beatings regular.

Sex trafficking and grooming gangs too and again the Police don't want to do anything.

That said, to balance it off and be fair, the Sikh/Indian communities in the UK seem to integrate really well and get on well with the general UK population. They are very community orientated and have a sense of pride in the country - it's night and day that community compared to the other.
Well, so it was basically true. And that is a disgrace for a state and its government. As events in the US show, around 15% share of the total population is enough for active minority to push their agenda.

And what is solution in dealing with these ghettos? Especially considering that a number of them will be growing it seems.

However we both know how that goes down with politicians, the media, big business etc. They love the thought of them all coming together to help dismantle our societies and social fabrics. So it will never happen.
Ha ha ha!
I think we are now getting down to the real crux of why SBUK voted for Brexit. He's given it away in the last few posts in his tete-a-tete with white supremacist redneck ESay. You racist bastards!

So SBUK you have one area in Scotland filled with various immigrant groups where the Police will fail to respond?

Well, let me tell you Manchester Police failed to respond to 800,000 calls last year, Have admitted it and are under investigation.
In Blackpool where I used to work there are a few housing estates that I'd say are over 90% white (there are very few immigrants in Blackpool) where the Police take forever to respond and are known trouble hotspots. It has nothing to do with immigrants but more to do with the austerity and massive cuts in Police numbers over the last 10 years.

As SBUK you admit you have never been to Birmingham or London or Luton you are going on hearsay and I'd suggest you and racist mate ESay stop reading 'Stormfront' - I'm surprised you didn't mention the Rochdale 'Muslim' rapists. Everyone else of your racist ilk does.
My brother lives near Luton and I worked down there in the late 90's and there is a large Muslim community who from my experience I'd say is more hard-working and law-abiding than your average white.
Luton is, however, the home of criminal and serial racist Tommy Robinson and his anti-Muslim and immigrant band of reprobates the English Defence League (now defunct through lack of interest) and I think we can now put you SBUK down as one of Robinson's followers as he is the only source of racist propaganda concerning Luton that I know of.

As for 'black only area's. Sharia law only area's, It's all the usual rubbish spun by the extreme right and doesn't remotely reflect any part of the UK that I have ever been.

The UK will need another 7 million immigrants to come and work in the UK before 2050 just to keep the NHS afloat (Office For Budget Responsibility Report to David Cameron 2013). Ironically because of Brexit the bulk of those immigrants will not be white Christian Europeans but Black Asian and African Muslims. Hindu's and Sikhs. Which doesn't bother me but I hope SBUK understands and accepts that is his legacy for voting for Brexit.
I work in Brum and dont recognise what this idiot is saying. This character does repeat the brexit nonsense verbatim. I would also suggest that his "passporting" gaffe shows his rather simplistic understanding of the brexit reality. I imagine that he chews crayons to help him relax.
I should add that it is his mates who are threatening the customs workers. Sectarian shite,
LOL.
SBUK is a proddy unionist not a catholic. Thicko.

Ah understood.

Ha ha ha!

LOL.
SBUK is a proddy unionist not a catholic. Thicko.
LOL. Do you have Asbergers or something.
Thats what I said.

Forum List

Back